Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,801 to 3,820 of 7,480

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, I'm glad the game is out now so that we actually know how it performs. Which, all things being equal, is pretty well. The way people kept freaking out over footage from pre-release streams of hacked digital copies got old pretty quickly.

And lol, I went to Crippled Kate's and everyone there was so rude and abrupt. One girl was more polite, so she ended up getting my business. :/ Of course, then I discovered that there's zero point to the brothels. They're pure window dressing from a gameplay perspective. I was hoping to get experience points or a new quest or something.

Haven't gone to the more upscale one yet, except for a story quest.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Might eat into your stamina, if was such a thing in TW3, i forget now.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

@Ralizah @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Well I mean you guys are obviously disgusting with all that talk of brothels... I was just playing early on and doing the Kiera Metz missions and I mean, she was a useful ally for a bit so things had to play out. I tried to explain that to the waiting mums but they seemed uninterested by my explanation of my search for Ciri.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

HallowMoonshadow

Nice @KratosMD!

I've had a look over the nintylife's Sw/Sh thread cus... ya know...

Quite intetesting to hear you say about the challenge!

Everyone over there seems to have at least two whole teams of pokes just to not get overlevelled... some even going for three different teams and dodging battles with trainers and are still overpowered!

One person's already beat it at 22 or so hours even!

It's still just as conflicting even without the hearsay lol 😂

-EDIT- Plus I thought X & Y had quite a variety thanks to the three different zones and 150 pokes to each one... It's the one aspect I quite liked about that

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

Maybe its functionality expands or improves or something over time, but Y-Comm seriously sucks. The PSS from X/Y was so robust and fully-featured: I genuinely don't understand why GF keeps replacing competent MP-focused systems with inferior ones. I guess it's nice that the wonder trading match-ups can happen in the background now, but it's so much less convenient trying to trade for specific Pokemon, and even trying to find someone you want to trade with is a chore given that there doesn't appear to be a friends list (!). No personal messages. No requests. No easy access to a list of friends to quickly trade with. Now I have to arrange a trade on a forum or something and pray that us entering the same Link Code somehow connects us. Am I misunderstanding something? How do you open up Gen 8 with MP features that are vastly inferior to what we got in Gen 6? I don't understand it.

Edited on by Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Seriously? Not even a friends list @Ralizah?

Thay really does suck.

Playing Omega Ruby over the weekend I had two poké battles with a friend and three more with random folks... I really liked that system.

Not to mention for actual trading I've had a bunch of good stuff thanks to GTS or wonder trades when it isn't route 1 fodder! Where I got a protean Froakie from!

Plus no way in hell was I paying for the Pokébank so... a friend helped me temporarily transfer things (about... 45 or so pokes) when I wanted to restart X or OR.

Shame they seemingly removed it... What's the point of say locking it to the endgame when the entire purpose of two different versions is to encourage trading between people? (... And for them to make extra money of course)

Could go with Galarian Weezing for Poison/Fairy coverage @KratosMD?... Though why it's a fairy type exactly I'll never know

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

belmont

Lol I was afraid they would remove GTS. I really liked this feature. I read somewhere that GTS will be sold of offered as a subscription via the Pokemon Home app. I don't know if it is true though but lurking in forums for Pokemon trading surely is way inconvenient.

belmont

Haruki_NLI

I beat the game in about 18 hours.

But I only used one team of 6 and was never overlevelled. Not even once.

Weird.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@Knuckles-Fajita How? I just beat the third gym, played around 20 hours, and I'm keeping a team of 18 Pokemon, because I'm constantly over-leveled.

Octane

kyleforrester87

@Octane Well if he beat the entire game in 18 hours and you're only on the 3rd gym in 20 it would suggest he didn't spend any time grinding out levels?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Octane

@kyleforrester87 I'm don't grind, I avoid wild Pokemon battles. I only catch the Pokemon I haven't seen before.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane What happened? You usually speedrun Pokemon games in 20-something hours, don't you?

Haruki_NLI

@Octane I went through the game, caught what I wanted for my teams, fought every trainer, got most items and saw every area.

I didn't spend much time in the Wild Area, and I didn't grind, because I didn't need to.

I wasn't overlevelled, in fact most trainers and at points wild Pokemon were higher levels, and the Champion Tournament outlevelled me too.

But I didn't need to be on par with, or ahead of them, to win.

So I just went through, caught my team of 6 as and when I found something I fancied, and went on my merry way, grabbing items, so on so forth.

Also helps I'm a fast reader I suppose.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Rudy_Manchego

So anyway, the Witcher 3 on Switch has gotten its hooks into me. This was my second go at playing after trying and falling out of the PS4 version but having it in handheld has made all the difference. I think the game really opens up and out after the 10 hour mark and I had a very nice evening sat in bed playing as Geralt while my wife got angry with the election debate downstairs.

I have said it before but for large games like this, the Switch really does make them more accessible for me rather than being sat in front of the telly. At first I was really feeling the drop in graphical fidelity but to be honest, now I have just got used to it and progressed. The only issue is that now I have got stuck in, I'm ignoring The Outer Worlds playthrough.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego I think there is a market for a Wife Getting Angry At Election Simulator. Go make it with someone in Dreams!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Tasuki

With my recent promotion at work coming with a hour and half travel time I will be getting alot of use out of my Switch

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Ralizah

@Rudy_Manchego In general, unless something genuinely looks horrible, it usually doesn't take long to adjust to a change in graphical fidelity. It would be a deal-breaker on a home console, but on a handheld? I still can't believe the Witcher 3 is so well optimized on Switch. The game genuinely looks really good on Switch Lite. That's AMAZING to me.

I figure I'll finish out my main story + relevant side-quests playthrough on PC and then, at some point in the future, do a 100% run on Switch.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic