Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,681 to 3,700 of 7,477

Haruki_NLI

@Th3solution I'm curious to see if Nintendo's idea pays off. Logic would dictate....yes.

However companies like EA ignoring the platform even now dictates...no. Its not super easy money, just easy money. Not easy enough to warrant it.

Then again, history says that yes, install base ultimately wins out. Remember that historically, the most powerful system (N64, Xbox, PS3, PSP, Vita...) isn't the best selling.

Yet these days....its the PS4.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

HallowMoonshadow

Just saw the nintylife Tokyo Mirage session article about the cenorship/editing for all regions on switch and the warzone that was the comment section underneath

I don't even know what to say other then good grief, glad I'm not involved! :')

Also because of Th3solution and Ralizah... I'm now imagining biker gangs but instead of chains or whatever as weapons to go with the leathers i'm imagining them twirling snes controllers as weapons... The Hell's Nintendos? 😂

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RR529

I don't think that PS5 & Scarlett are going to have that much of an impact on Switch's game outlook, TBH.

• First Party Games of all Types (Super Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc.) - Obviously not going anywhere.
  • AAA 3rd Party Games (COD, Witcher, GTA, etc.) - Already a rarity on the system (and thus probably not a primary concern for it's audience), so even if it does lose out on a couple more of these, I don't think it'll effect the system that much.
  • AA 3rd Party Games (Samurai Showdown, Trials of Mana, Anime tie ins, etc.) - These are mostly produced by Japanese devs anyway, so probably won't be going anywhere with the Switch being Japan's top system.
  • A 3rd Party Games (Shantae, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Bloodstained, etc.) - Even now these aren't doing things that couldn't be done on PS360, so I doubt that's going to change.
  • Previous Gen Ports/Remasters - No reason to assume Switch would stop getting these.
  • Indie Games (Goose Game, Undertale, Stardew Valley, etc.) - Same as the above two points.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It does get like that on some Push Square articles, some on censorship have been quite scary to go near.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Arugula @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, you got me curious enough to look it up too. Pretty funny and eye-rolling stuff, but not much worse than some of the comment sections from the censorship articles on Push Square. However, I did hang around over there on NL long enough to read that article about Cory Barlog (of God of War fame) complimenting the Switch port of Witcher 3, ...and inexplicably the comment section there descended into a lot of arguing, insults, and trolling. I was surprised at that. It was a fairly positive story, but some users seemed to want to turn it into a debate for some reason. 🤨
Anyways.... that’s why I’m scared of Nintendo gamers.
(Kidding, people. Kidding.)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RR529

I'm finding Devil May Cry to be a bit more difficult than I had anticipated, but I'm enjoying it all the same. It took me 7 trys to beat the first boss, and 5 to beat the second. the fire spider, and that demon knight, respectively.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

HallowMoonshadow

Well I'm glad you're enjoying it @RR529! I remember the difficulty was a little tough... Admittedly it's been a while though since I've played it.

Phantom is a pretty fun boss though. And you fought Neo Angelo already too? Nice! The next boss is pretty fun too

@Th3solution @Arugula

Well I was mainly more surprised because as I said earlier in this topic that Tokyo Mirage Sessions didn't do well anywhere on Wii U. The support was a surprise.

Though most comments seem to be just be people yelling at each other

As for the trolling Th3solution it happens here too... Remember the chinese game that looked (a lot) like Breath of the Wild? Genjin Impact? There was a bunch of trolling in those articles on here from hardcore sony "fans" on how BotW is a joke.

It's just best to ignore it.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh yeah, I do vaguely remember that. I didn’t pay too much attention to it since I hadn’t played BOTW. And you’re absolutely right — it’s best to ignore it. I kept saying that in my head as a few users kept calling each other ignorant and criticizing their opinions. And it was very clear to me as a visitor reading that a few select people were just stirring the pot. I wanted to log in and post “Just ignore this dude! He’s just trying to make debate for sake of getting a reaction!”
The article was actually a really nice report on Barlog’s complimentary gesture on Twitter. And I read the article because it was exactly germane to the discussion we were having here about multi platform ports going on Switch. I was happy to see a Sony developer give props to the Nintendo team for their work and say that he enjoys playing the game on his Switch.
But I’m sure if there was a similar article here about a prominent Nintendo executive being impressed with a Sony achievement that you’d likewise get abrasive personalities showing up to ruin the positive vibes.

But after reading that article, I kinda want to get a Switch just to play Witcher 3 on the go. I might just stay with it that way.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Th3solution Like I said, the comment sections on both of these sites can get kind of hairy with hit-and-run trolls, but the forums for both websites are generally a pleasure.

Besides, now that the ignore list is a thing, nobody should have to deal with trolls if they don't want to. I've ignored a few people on here. A few people on NL. And my experience commenting is 100% better now than it was when I allowed a few bad actors to consistently irritate me with their myopic, shallow, fanboyish posts. I don't have to see their opinions, but I'm also not restricting their ability to express themselves. It's beautiful.

With that said, even when things get... intense, I'm glad that these sites are so strict about what they're allowed to moderate, while still enforcing the rules that are in place pretty consistently. So many sites seem to devolve into either outright unmoderated chaos (GameFAQs, 4chan, etc.) or have corrupt moderation systems where people get banned, shadow-banned, deplatformed, etc. for having a "problematic" opinion (some subreddits; ResetEra; etc.) People on NL/PS can voice their opinions, have arguments, talk things out, make up, etc. without a bunch of nosy moral guardians policing interactions every step of the way.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

I'm a bit further into Devil May Cry.

Tonight I had to fight the spider boss a second time, though I won on my first try since the strategy wasn't much different,and seemed to kill him for good this time, and more recently beat a giant bird boss, and while I beat him on my second try it was still pretty nerve wrecking because I had to fight a bunch of regular enemies (including a new type) through two cramped rooms with bad camera angles before I got a chance to save.

Got a couple new weapons though, and finally saved up enough orbs for the double jump (though it can only be used with a certain weapon equipped).

EDIT: @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, and yes (since you mentioned it somewhere before), I have taken a few screenshots that I'll post the next time I connect my Switch to the internet.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

DF FINALLY did a video on XI S.

The average resolution in portable mode is 540p, which, it seems to me, is the most that can be expected of these demanding PS4 ports. Docked, it seems to be able to go as high at times at 810p, but probably averages around 720p. Not bad considering 900p was the target resolution on the PS4.

They're clearly impressed with this port, and I agree. They did EVERYTHING possible to get this game running well on Switch. Re-encoded video files to save on space. Simplified environmental geometry. Shadows, texture quality, etc. have been dialed back. Drastically altered lighting. Yet the end result is a game that looks good in handheld mode and pretty awesome on the TV.

Performance seems nearly identical to the PS4 version as well, and is practically locked at 30fps.

This is simply the best PS4 --> Switch conversion yet.

Edited on by Ralizah

RR529

In Devil May Cry how important is it to obtain all the upgrades on both weapons (at least on Normal difficulty)?

I ask because I've obtained all the Alister upgrades, and am thinking about spending my orbs on health & devil trigger increases rather than building up Ifrit (which I've only used in the fight that pops up as soon as you obtain it, and have switched back to Alister since).

In terms of progress, I just beat Griffin (the big bird boss) for what I assume is the final time, in the colosseum.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

HallowMoonshadow

I don't think you'd have enough red orbs @RR529 to get all the upgrades anyway for both weapons (And it's not too important either)

Best to focus on one weapon and the Health & Devil Trigger upgrades

I think Ifrit is technically the stronger weapon of the two but Alastor's maneuverability is much more useful in the long run!

Have you played any of the secret missions? They're usually 1 minute long bonus stages. They're fairly hidden, usually activated by a door, wall, marker or heading back to an area you've been before. Usually they reward you with blue orb fragments.

Secret mission 12 however gives you a special item... It's located in mission 21

RR529

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, thanks!

Yeah, I've learned all of Alastor's abilities, so I'll probably focus on general upgrades from now on then.

Haven't ran into any secret missions yet.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

HallowMoonshadow

They're all particularly obtuse @RR529 so I'm not surprised you haven't

The first secret mission for example requires you to go back to the floating bridge and jumping underwater after fighting Phantom for the first time. I think they're all mission dependant too.

The following games make them easier to find, though they're still fairly hidden!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

RR529

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, yeah, that sounds pretty obtuse.

Just finished up a fight against a blob like boss. A bit annoying since it was in the same cramped room you first fought Phantom (I assume that's the name of the spider), but I managed to beat it on my second try.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

Just an FYI: the Tetris 99 event to get the Luigi's Mansion theme is currently live.

RR529

I think I'm nearing the end of Devil May Cry. Just beat Nightmare for the third & final time, and according to the in-game achievement list, I only have the final boss left (what a way to accidentally spoil myself, lol).

After Astral Chain & this back to back, I think I'll choose something a little more relaxed next time, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Genrou

So, was a release date for The Outer Worlds on Switch ever revealed?? I ask cause after playing it on Xbox One I might pick it up on Switch so I can have it on the go.

Genrou

redd214

@Genrou only info on that is sometime 2020. Think I may wait for the Switch version also

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic