Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,381 to 3,400 of 7,479

HallowMoonshadow

Aww that's so corny @Ralizah yet undeniably cute too! (And yes I edited my catch back in cus your comment looked weird without it there!)

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

Anyway it's too hot for moralising and philosophising and junk so enjoy Fire Emblem: Three Houses and whatever other new releases you lucky Switch Owners have!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Ralizah I read the gaming section on The Meto site daily. It gets me through bus journeys (along with this place of course)! The reviews always come across as honest and not pandering to some corporate overlord or popular opinion, and you know when it is a high the game is a good un. They also do some of the best interviews I've read in recent times.

Edited and corrected my spelling mistakes!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

I got FE: Three Houses. It’s really good so far and looks to be the best in the series as an early
Impression. Weapons can be repaired now so no more 5 generations weapons breaking after 20 hits.
The academy section shows lots of promise and the gameplay is great strategy as always.
I also snagged it for $45 so I got a real deal on it.

Jaz007

RR529

This isn't something I've heard anyone else say about it, but I'm personally finding Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 to be brutally difficult, so I'm not sure if there's just something I'm doing wrong or what.

I'm only on the Kingpin fight (main boss of the 3rd mission), and he's absolutely tearing me apart. This last time I even used up all my revives before the second phase started.

Overall I'm liking the game (and don't seem to have many issues with regular enemies or puzzle/platforming segments), but almost every boss I've fought has been brutal.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Gamer83

@RR529
How often are you changing up characters. The way the leveling system works it's best to find a group of four characters you really like and stick with them.

Gamer83

RR529

@Gamer83, I actually switched up characters a lot on the second mission (the Raft) so that was probably my issue (but at the same time it kinda sucks that you're effectively locked into a small group of heroes, as it'd be more fun to mix & match).

I went back a bit to level up and I was able to crush Kingpin this morning.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Gamer83

@RR529
Yeah, I wish there was an easy way to level up the characters you have to bench.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

BranJ0

I've just finished chapter 4 of Fire Emblem three houses and am adoring the game! I've played 10 hours which shows just how much time the academy and paralogue battles have also taken, but so far the game just feels like the perfect evolution of the fire emblem franchise, and I can't wait to play more of it. If it carries on like this it will probably be my game of the year

BranJ0

Haruki_NLI

I'm just playing Super Mario Maker 2 on my sprase breaks from work. Turns out when I make a stage I take an idea, expand it, think it's crap and then get comments praising it.

I don't get it

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@BranJ0 The expansive monastery and the huge amount of activities available to engage in each month really makes this game's world feel real and alive. Great evolution from the series' traditional focus on battles and lots of dialogue boxes (I really dig how nearly every line of dialogue in this game is voiced).

I have mixed feelings about my students, though (Golden Deer). Hilda is a GREAT unit, but her and Lorenz's support conversations make me want to strangle them. Although it is, admittedly, very funny seeing Lorenz fail so hard at flirting: my MC has had to pull him aside twice to tell him that he's creeping out the female students in my house.

About 24 hours in now. It's all I've played since last Friday.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

I doubt it'll top NieR: Automata's OST, but it's looking like it'll be a strong second (for Platinum, that is). Such a pity we can't plug our headphones into our controllers when playing on the Switch.

I guess I'll just need to play this undocked if the resolution and framerate hold up!

Edited on by Ralizah

Link41

Ralizah wrote:

I doubt it'll top NieR: Automata's OST, but it's looking like it'll be a strong second (for Platinum, that is). Such a pity we can't plug our headphones into our controllers when playing on the Switch.

I guess I'll just need to play this undocked if the resolution and framerate hold up!

Well, actually you can.

https://www.amazon.ca/PDP-Nintendo-Switch-Faceoff-Controller/...

NNID Wii U: Link41
3DS FC: 2878-9590-3292
Vita: Linkx41

redd214

@Link41 Shame that controller is wired, kind of negates the usefulness of it imo
Hope we get a wireless controller with a jack eventually.

redd214

BranJ0

@KratosMD You're gonna love it! I've been very busy and have had a really hard time tearing myself away from it, everything about it is just so engrossing and addictive, and a lot of care and effort has clearly been put into the game!

@Ralizah I hated the base building feature in Fates and just wanted to get to the next map (it just felt like boring and unnecessary busywork to me) so was very skeptical about if I'd enjoy the monastery, but suffice to say I love it! I really enjoy the whole "goal" system that the game has, really makes it feel as if you're building your army from scratch, and I can't wait to be at the end of the game and see just how far my team has come - it's just incredibly satisfying to slowly build towards a variety of classes for your units, and it always feels as if they're progressing.

Ahh I don't know much about the golden deer units beyond what you're told at the beginning when you're trying to decide which house to choose, but I went for blue lions cause I liked its cast of characters the most, and Dimitri as a chivalrous knight was a dark backstory really intrigued me. At least we can agree that any one of these characters are more 3D and well thought out than the entire gimmick cast of Fates!

BranJ0

Ralizah

@Link41 A wired controller with no gyro?
Eh. That's one sacrifice too many.
Thanks for posting, though. If they ever make a more expensive version that still has the headphone jack, I'll heavily consider using it.

@BranJ0 This game's cast of female characters, in particular, is so, so much better than Fates. Somehow we went from creepy otaku pandering where you could actually marry your biological or adoptive sisters (gag!) to the best female representation I've probably ever seen in a Japanese game. Even the worst, most stereotypical female character in the game still has some layers and isn't over-sexed or anything.

Edited on by Ralizah

BranJ0

@Ralizah There's one bit at the beginning of Fates that comes to mind, when Elise, your adoptive sister who looks about 12 at most says something childish and Leo responds with "when are you going to behave like the adult you technically are" which just made me cringe so much and laugh at their attempts to make it seem acceptable to romance her. Anyway, thankfully I've seen nothing of the sort in Three Houses and the female character representation is, like you said, probably the best I've seen in a Japanese game!

BranJ0

RR529

In MUA3 tonight I finished up the Avengers Tower mission, then played long enough into the Xavier Institute mission to unlock Psylocke & Nightcrawler.

This is the part of the game that they showcased during "Treehouse Live" at E3, and if I remember right, after the next few hurdles I should be unlocking Deadpool.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic