Forums

Topic: Gaming Resolutions for the New Year of 2022

Posts 1 to 20 of 76

colonelkilgore
  • Main objective for me would be to get to 100 Platinums, which will mean I’ll need to pop 30. If I go by my schedule I would get to 95 but I’m sure I can swing it by slipping in some ‘quickies’.
  • I’d also like to get a few more (if not all) of the PS3 games cleared from my backlog.
  • I always like to play through some ‘classic’ game series that I missed at the time, so I’m aiming to get through (& platinum if possible) Assassins Creed: The Ezio Collection and the Devil May Cry trilogy next year.
  • I’m itching to play Hades but want to clear SuperGiant’s back-catalogue first, so I want to try and get Transistor and Pyre cleared by 2022’s midway point so I can make Hades my ‘side-game’ for the second half of the year.
  • Play at least two metroidvanias and two rogue-likes/lites.

Edited on by antdickens

**** DLC!

Scooby-Doo

Get the good ending of Persona, and play The World Ends With You.

Truly I am mankind's natural foe! Evil Incarnate! A walking cataclysm! A shapeless insanity! GUNDHAM TANAKA!
Kelpies. Be they hound or horse? I'd rather smell wet dog than be drowned by a horse.
Currently Playing on Switch: Chaos Head Noah, PARANORMASIGHT, Mega Man Series.

nessisonett

@Scooby-Doo As in the original Persona? I couldn’t imagine the game just ending after the castle, there’s so much afterwards!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Tasuki

Just find more time for me to game in general. Of course with only one TV for the family right now that's a bit hard to do. But seriously there's so many games I want to play it's just hard for me to find time to play them.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Scooby-Doo

@nessisonett Yeah, but on the other hand, the bad ending theme is the best one.

Truly I am mankind's natural foe! Evil Incarnate! A walking cataclysm! A shapeless insanity! GUNDHAM TANAKA!
Kelpies. Be they hound or horse? I'd rather smell wet dog than be drowned by a horse.

nessisonett

@Scooby-Doo I just couldn’t face not finishing the game properly. But then I can’t really be bothered going back for the Snow Queen Quest either 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Scooby-Doo

@nessisonett I hear that has a time limit, so I'll add that here as well.

colonelkilgore

@themcnoisy yeah that was really impressive mate, Dreams is ‘some’ kit eh… hope it eventually gets the recognition it deserves.

**** DLC!

KilloWertz

Since I guess I posted this in the wrong thread...

My gaming resolution will be to stop buying games on both PlayStation and Xbox. At times late last gen I'd be flip flopping between playing my PS4 and my Xbox One X, and I stupidly decide to buy a game on that one even though I already had it on the other because that was the console I was playing on at the time.
I was hoping to be able to make it through most of the gen with one console so that one would just be my primary console, but that didn't work out at all already. Both the PS5 and the Series X are very good consoles with very bright futures, which made me fall back into my last gen ways a bit in the first year. I do own several games over the first year on both already, but that has to end going into next year. I realize it's my own stupidity, but as of right now I have finally managed to put the PS5 first and will just use the Series X sparingly. Doesn't hurt that the PS5's release schedule for next year is fantastic.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

themcnoisy

@colonelkilgore How you getting on with Miles Morales bro? I've done all the training stuff now. Loved the sneaking stuff and got a lot of satisfaction hitting the 3 stars.

Also would you like to pick up BL2 from next week?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

colonelkilgore

@themcnoisy yeah I really liked it too… I think I liked it more than the original tbh. And yeah, deffo mate… message me when you’re free.

**** DLC!

kyleforrester87

My gaming resolution for 2022 is to finish the Dark Souls series. I’ve only actually completed number 2.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

colonelkilgore

@kyleforrester87 well I’d argue that 2 is maybe the toughest so you’ll be fine 😉… will you be including Demons Souls too?

**** DLC!

kyleforrester87

@colonelkilgore I finished 2 last year and I am playing it again - I really like it, it’s actually my favourite! I rang the 2 bells and got a little further into DS1 and I got about 3/4 the way through DS3 but fell off them. So I’ll restart both of them and hopefully see them through!

I finished Demon Souls remake last year. Would like to play it again but perhaps DS1, 3 and Elden Ring will be enough for 2022

kyleforrester87

colonelkilgore

@kyleforrester87 yeah I like 2 too… it’s not my favourite but I remember it real fondly. Those dlc’s are awesome!

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@kyleforrester87 yeah don’t sleep on them mate… best part of the game. With all three dlc’s combined, they’re ‘pretty much’ as big as a whole separate game too.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

crimsontadpoles

1) Reduce backlog by at least 5 games. This way, it's slowly shrinking.
2) Finish at least 3 Wii/Wii U games. Whilst my Wii U is still functional, it'll be good to beat any major games for it that's still in my backlog. A few virtual console games and some Zelda are the main priorities here.

That'll be it for actual goals. It would also be nice to play more on my Switch next year since I didn't do too much this year. Likewise, there's more Danganronpa, Yakuza, and Tomb Raider to play. And it's about time I give a Souls-like game a try.

kyleforrester87

@colonelkilgore eh, good shout - I really should have got into them last time but I was just happy to have finally finished a Dark Souls game. DS2 was the first one I tried to play too, after loving Bloodborne in 2015, but I couldn’t make a dent in it at the time. Hopefully I’ll still be motivated to do the DLCs when I get to the end of this run. I do want to have it all wrapped up a good few weeks before Elden Ring launches though so I am not all Soulesed out 😂

kyleforrester87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic