Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 5,001 to 5,020 of 5,530

Th3solution

@CthulhuFhtagn I didn’t like Transistor much either (never played Bastion), but a lot of it revolved around my annoyance with the voice acting of the Transistor itself. The gameplay was okay.

I’ll certainly report out on how I get along with Hades, but it’s good to have tempered expectations. The way this year is going I don’t know that I’ll have time to get to it for a while.

I watched some gameplay videos of Curse of the Dead Gods after reading your post and it does look better than I had given it credit for. It helps that it looks like a little shorter experience than Hades. Some of my reluctance to jump into Hades is how I’ve heard it’s an 80 hour jaunt.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

CthulhuFhtagn

@Th3solution player skill is a big factor. reaching to and beating the final boss was hard for me.
regarding the endings and spoilers, Hades is a let's say unfolding story if you know what I mean. after 20+ hours, I haven't seen the whole thing but I'm not motivated enough to continue the journey and it's really sad. it is a really cool concept for story telling; something that's only possible in video game medium. so 10, 50 or 80 hrs of gameplay is not definite really.
you're right, 2023 is crazy and I still haven't played Ragnarök! 😐

CthulhuFhtagn

Th3solution

@CthulhuFhtagn I haven’t played Ragnarok either! Nor Horizon Forbidden West even. I’m a pathetic excuse for a Sony fan. 😜

With Ragnarok I figure that I’ve waited this long so I’ll just hang on until a steep price drop whilst I play Jedi Survivor and FF16 and maybe Spidey 2.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KilloWertz

@Th3solution Understandable, and I know all about having to plan your gaming around work. Granted I have more time than you on weekends since I always have them off, but I still get it. You have to be a bit more selective then. No matter what, I only play one game at a time. I tried playing multiple games at once a few years back and it just caused conflict in which game I ended up playing each time.

Honestly, I'd go with Horizon Forbidden West in a landslide. I am enjoying Immortals, but the game having puzzles for almost everything in the game is still not my usual style, while Horizon is (partially by choice and partially because there's so many open world games like that). I was also already heavily invested in the story and series after loving Horizon Zero Dawn, so it has an obvious advantage. I do like the actual story though, and I actually find the comedy to be solid most of the time, so now I'm focusing more on that than the side stuff after roughly 60 hours already.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

XandertheWise

Earlier tonight around 1:50 a.m i finally beat Metroid Prime 1 for my Gamecube.

frikkin Ridley and the Metroid Prime final boss they were tough and kind of annoying to deal with

Next month im playing Metroid Prime 2

XandertheWise

RogerRoger

@XandertheWise Congratulations! From the way you've worded that, I'm guessing you've been trying to beat the game for a while, yeah? Best of luck with the sequel!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@XandertheWise 1:50am is apparently a good time for gaming. Yesterday night I beat The Messenger at exactly that same time.

The game is kind of a weird one. It started out excellent, though not very unique. Then at 1/3 the game became a bit more unique, but unfortunately not in a good way. Then near the end it became a bit better again.
So now I'm working on the DLC, which seems rather short, but hopefully it's at least as good as the final stretch of the main game. We'll see. I might still invest a bit more time for the platinum - I did all side stuff, so I should be close - but I'm not really looking forward to it too much.

I'd rather be trying Tchia, though!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Bundersvessel

Finished Planet of Lana earlier this week. What a charming and beautiful puzzle platformer, and easily one of my favourite gaming experiences of the year so far. It looks like it may only stay on Xbox and pc so if you have access to those platforms then I highly recommend it. I’ll try and post some screenshots later as it really is a stunning game.

Edited on by Bundersvessel

LtSarge

I decided to get a month of Game Pass since it was a long time ago I used the service. First game I chose to play was Tunic, which I've played over halfway through last year before taking a break from it. I don't know why I did that because I was so close to the end of the game.

So today I finished it up. I beat the final boss (which was really tough), got the bad ending and went back to collect all the stuff in order to unlock the secret ending. This game is just insane when it comes to the puzzles for the secret ending. Some are incredibly cryptic, I wouldn't have figured out most of this stuff on my own (which is why I used a guide lol). But it was worth it and I got tons of achievements to boot (finished with 920/1000 G).

The game overall is just phenomenal. The combat is tough but satisfying, the music is so memorable (I'll definitely be listening to it whenever I want to relax to some tunes), and there are tons of puzzles and secrets. Tunic is honestly up there with Hollow Knight in terms of being a high quality indie game that is an absolute must-play.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just finished Contrast on Series X. I ended up enjoying the game a lot! At first I thought it was rather meh but it did get better over time and it ended with a very cool plot twist to boot! I'm glad that I decided to play it, it was a great palate cleanser. The achievements were easy as well. I did have to do some cleaning up after the end but it didn't take that long and I got the 1000 G.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just finished Ravenlok on Series X. Pretty fun game! It's a 5 hour action RPG that should just be played casually. The combat is mostly spamming (which is comparable to Diablo) but it's still a lot of fun. You progress quickly in this game as each area doesn't take more than 20-30 minutes to complete. It works as a great palate cleanser, especially when considering how long RPGs tend to be.

The achievement list is great as well. You're constantly getting achievements throughout the story and towards the end I had 950/1000 G. Good stuff!

LtSarge

CaptD

@LtSarge Good stuff, I like the look of Ravenlok and hopefully it might make it over to the dark side.
As for Contrast, I seem to remember that being the first ps plus game for the new PS4 back in 2013 and it lacking a platinum. 😩😂

CaptD

colonelkilgore

So I somehow managed to get through Dead Nation this morning on Grim… it got extremely hairy on the last couple of missions tbh! 😅 On to Morbid 😎

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Oh good stuff.
Is morbid the hardest one? If so then good luck and remember you don't have to kill every zombie, sometimes the best option is to do a runner to the next checkpoint. Though you do need to get enough credits to upgrade your head so it's a fine balance. I remember thinking it wouldn't be possible in places then feeling massive relief every time I made progress. And with your determination I'm sure you'll manage.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

CaptD

@colonelkilgore Good show, I was trying to get all the momentos on my run but at the end of the docks there was one but I just had to run, then a checkpoint occurred and I had to fight two slicers, screamers And explorers, I thought there is ño way I can do this ... thankfully the exit was already open so I just legged it.

At sorteddan No there is undead which is really crazy but thankfully you just need the first level.
Ps The at sign just stopped working on my iPad ... how I hate apple products.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@sorteddan so yeah as @CaptD said, there is Undead which is even harder but you only have to do the first mission… but that’s if I get through Mordid tbh. The last part of the final mission was incredibly tough on Grim… I’ll crack on.

Loving the game though. It’s my first real stab at twin stick shooter, so I’d be interested in how you feel it’s stacks up against the best in the genre.

@CaptD so I’m through to mission 4 on my morbid run… though frikkin’ firemen on mission 3 were almost the end of me though 😅

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Don't know about the best in the genre but can tell you about the ones I've enjoyed...
Yeah I really enjoyed Dead Nation too, thought it was a good effort at zombie survival, with weapon upgrades and ammo management. Personally I enjoyed Alienation (also by Housemarque) a bit more. It's better for co-op, and a more arcadey experience.

I also really like some of the games from 10Tons. Neon Chrome, Tesla Vs Lovecraft and Jydge are all brilliant in their own ways.

My favourite of the last few years, which I may have mentioned on a couple (dozen) occasions has to be Enter the Gungeon. Something about the retro feel and roguelite experience really clicked with me. Also one of the games I was happiest to have platted.

Though if you wanna know why I love these games so much you should try and get a copy of Robotron 2084 running on an arcade emulator. I remember that thing being brutal and wasting my so many 10p coins on it back in the day.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@sorteddan I have Alienation (& Nex Machina), Enter the Gungeon and think that I actually have Jydge but will add Neon Chrome and Tesla vs Lovecraft to the wishlist.

I was aware of Robotron 2084 but while my local arcade did seem to cycle in the classics, they never had it. Guess they weren’t a fan of the genre. Shame as I’m having a ball with my first foray.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
The creative mind behind Robotron & Smash TV, Eugene Jarvis, actually worked with Housemarque on Nex Machina so that is as close as you'll get to a modern interpretation of it. I've got it installed as well but have neglected it for a while. You'll need some good reflexes for that one!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic