Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 4,461 to 4,480 of 5,524

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Thanks for your Need for Speed thoughts. After playing Most Wanted on PS Vita earlier in the year, I've been thinking about getting an equivalent experience on home console, so it's interesting and useful to read a broadly positive take. Will keep the Payback name in mind whenever I browse future sales, and remember that it's one of the better ones. Cheers!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

grubsteak

@colonelkilgore Its probably a 7/10. There's really no super difficult trophies, but you do have to master the game, and it requires multiple playthroughs. All really fun though, you'll enjoy it.

grubsteak

JohnnyShoulder

Stray. Cool little game with a neat story and some characters that I came quite attached to by the end. Reccomended.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LtSarge

@RogerRoger No problem mate, thanks for reading! I am slowly starting to become a fan of racing games, including NFS. It's nice to be exploring a genre that I don't know much about.

I've also downloaded Most Wanted on Vita, which I'm super stoked to play since it's an open world racing game on a handheld device. I've also dug out my Vita collection and added WipEout 2048 as well as ModNation Racers: Road Trip to my backlog. Sadly, there aren't that many racing games on Vita and I've also looked through the digital PSP selection and it's fairly slim as well.

But yeah, the recent NFS games like Payback and Heat are good open world racing games for console. Definitely worth checking out.

LtSarge

JohnnyShoulder

@JudgeDredd Closer to 900.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Yeah, I'm equally somebody who doesn't have much experience with racing games. I tend to try one or two per generation, although they're usually ones with a hook that interests me, like the PS3's Split/Second and its trap-laden tracks. If you've just grabbed NFS: Most Wanted for your Vita, then don't bother with Burnout Paradise on home console, because they're practically identical experiences, save one is handheld and the other isn't (although hey, there's still some value in that distinction).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

I just finished Terminator Resistance the other day. I liked it about as much as I expected which is to say it was fun enough without being anything special. It did manage to surprise me a little though. I wasn't aware there were choices to make in this game and that you can get different endings (or at the very least different fates for main characters). I think I got the optimal outcome for everyone, I'll look up the alternatives as I'm not fussed to replay for the different outcomes.
I sent away Ryan, Erin, Jennifer and the kid so they were at least alive. Not sure about Baron but it said her body wasn't there so maybe she got away? (I did kill all the terminators on my way out). Plus I didn't kill Mack and sent myself back in time.

I also thought the additional 'Infiltrator' mode (Be a Terminator and find a target) was a decent change up of pace and a neat extra mode for the game. It's also a very straightforward Platinum. I got all the main game trophies just by being thorough playing and didn't have to go back for anything. It was only for one of the 2 Infiltrator mode trophies I had to look up a couple of secrets before I took out the target.

Overall I'm glad I played it, I may get the DLC if it goes cheap and I'm a little more excited to see what they do for Robocop.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Anti-Matter

Well, I finished the storyline of Horse Club Adventures PS4 just now. 🙂
It was very peaceful game, with girlie horse riding in open world yet it was very tedious to ride from certain point to other point with very far distance. I really wish I can have Petit Pegasus Poney to fly over distances. 😆
Untitled

I gave it score 6/10 for relaxing gameplay but tedious missions.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

colonelkilgore

Just finished God of War 3: Remastered and it was a great capstone to the Greek saga fair play. Was paranoid as all hell that I’d accidentally lowered the difficulty from Titan all playthrough… and as a result would have to playthrough the whole thing again… but thankfully I hadn’t 😃. Just the Challenge of Olympus left now 😅

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@jdv95 yeah anything involving the titans was a treat, with the Kronos fight being the pinnacle.

Most of the boss fights were cool though. I thought the Hades fight early on was class… obviously the Zeus fight(s) was/were ‘interesting’ too. My favourite fight though… and the one that gave me the most problems was the giant frost scorpion.

**** DLC!

jdv95

@colonelkilgore it's for the sure the goriest entry imo.

cutting off legs to smashing a guy's face in with his own weapons to stabbing out eyes with your thumbs in first person...

jdv95

colonelkilgore

@jdv95 for sure… I kept thinking, dayum Kratos keeps going full-on Big Chris from Lock, Stock…! 🤣

**** DLC!

LtSarge

Just finished Castlevania: Circle of the Moon on Wii U. It's a decent Metroidvania but man is it tough, especially the boss fights. I just can't imagine playing it without save states. The final boss in particular is an absolute pain in the butt.

I started playing it over a year ago but I dropped it like 80% into my playthrough since I lost interest. Today I decided to resume it and I had no idea that I was so close to the end of the game before I stopped playing it. I'm really glad that I finished it though after putting down so many hours into it. I wouldn't recommend the game though. It's too challenging and not in a good way.

Now that I'm done with it, I'm looking forward to playing Harmony of Dissonance and later on Aria of Sorrow. From what I've heard, those games shouldn't be as challenging as Circle of the Moon.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

LtSarge

@Kairu I played the game two years ago when it was on Game Pass and it's so good! If you liked this one, then I highly recommend checking out Observation. Another interesting game set in space, but it's in my opinion more intriguing than Deliver Us The Moon.

LtSarge

nessisonett

Finished up the DLC for Lego Avengers. Each of the 5 levels were easily better than basically any of the levels in this one and Lego Marvel 1. I love their open worlds but the levels are a big step down from the older games. But these were great fun, especially the Classic Black Panther level and the Masters of Evil one. They brought gameplay twists which was pretty welcome after binging so many games in a row, such as Ant-Man going inside machines to destroy them.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Anti-Matter

I finished the storyline of Kirby Star Allies just now. 🙂
I unlocked the other challenging mode after that, but I know I'm not masochist so I will not torture myself in very hard challenge.
So far I could finish the stages pretty easy, rarely lost my life due to pretty easy gameplay.
I enjoyed this Kirby game than Mario game despite I still have very low hype with Kirby franchise.
I gave it 7/10 for Kirby Star Allies.

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

Beat Sniper Elite V2 Remastered. Really quite good game but massively let down by some absolutely dreadfully strict checkpointing. Other than that, the setting was great and the gameplay was fluid once I changed the setting to favour performance.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jimmer-jammer

I finally finished Assassin’s Creed Origins. It’s the first AC I’ve played since dipping in and out of 3 at launch. I thought Ptolemaic Egypt was fairly well realized, achieving an effective balance between historical authenticity and modern entertainment. The ability to either quietly visit Sneferu’s bent and red pyramids or freely trek from Alexandria to Memphis, dodging hippos, crocs and flaming arrows while sailing along the Nile against a Hellenistic backdrop is compelling.

Unfortunately, due in part to a hectic personal schedule as of late, I wrapped up the last quarter of the game rather hastily, leaving a healthy number of side quests on the table. It’s a shame, as historically speaking, things were really getting interesting. With Rome on the doorstep, I could feel Bayek’s inner pain as I crested a hill to see crucifixions lining the horizon, the advent of an ideology and force both foreign and frightening. I could really feel Bayek’s world caving in around him and by extension the entire collapse of the Hellenistic period.

I’m not going to take the time to critique all of the issues I had suffice it to say that overall it was a mixed bag experience for me. I’m glad I took the plunge and had the experience but am equally excited to be moving on to the next thing. I’ll probably start Odyssey sometime next year. Hopefully it’s a little less clunky and leans harder into its historical setting.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic