Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,841 to 3,860 of 5,550

nessisonett

@Iver I’ve always fancied The Saboteur. I think it might maybe be included with EA Play on PC so I guess I could play it there.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Iver Yeah that’s basically right up my alley. I can never find enough games set in a specific historical time period other than Assassin’s Creed that let you free roam. I just like soaking in the atmosphere of these sorts of games.

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution judging from having replayed Arkham Asylum a year or two back, the actual gameplay of that will hold up better than the early AC games… I do have it on the shelf, maybe I’ll give it a go if I ever fancy a return to Arkham.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Do be warned that the PS3 version of Arkham Origins runs pretty poorly. It's playable but would be a bit of a shock to go back to, now that we're all used to stable framerates and 4K visuals. I think it's already available to play on PS Now but yeah, adding possible connection lag to its poor performance would be too much of a risk for me. Hopefully it (and other legacy titles) will benefit from some kind of technical boost as part of this increasingly-likely-but-still-theoretical Sony service.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore “yeah I just pre-ordered Horizon Forbidden West… currently weighing up whether I should play it at release, or wait until I get a week or two off work. It’s a toss up between it and Elden Ring… I’ll play one at release and keep one for a break.”

This is a real conundrum for me at the moment. I’m trying to convince myself that I can finish HFW in a week or two but in all reality that’s more ridiculous than a flying platypus. Might just come down to the sacred coin toss…

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer I take it that this would be a second playthrough... if so, I definitely think you could main-line it in under 2 weeks. If it's your first playthrough though... yeah I definitely wouldn't suggest that you rush it

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore just trying to decide between playing HFW and Elden Ring which, on paper, isn’t even a question. Elden Ring being the one to release a week earlier would make this easy…Gran Turismo 7 it is!!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

RR529

Played through LEGO Builder's Journey (Steam) over the past couple days.

Gave off some real Captain Toad vibes with the little diorama like levels, and while the puzzle solutions could be a bit obtuse at times it was full of creativity & they changed up the puzzle types just often enough that it never got stale.

Absolutely gorgeous little game too, and was exactly the kind of colorful palette cleanser I needed after playing Metroid Dread, Fatal Frame V, & SMTV back to back to back.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NedStarksGhost

So, finished Halo Infinite tonight on my One X. Thought it was a great campaign, thoroughly enjoyed it. The freedom to choose which weapons you wanted and being able to stick to them for the majority of it was great, thanks to the ammo stations.

Story felt like a return to form as well. Kept me interested and thought it ended nicely.

Anybody else on here played it? What were your thoughts?

NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

@LtSarge just read it, enjoyed it good write up and thanks for sharing!

Agree with nearly everything you said, only thing I slightly disagree on is that I found the enemy sensor useful. But in a way that's what's great about this Halo, you can approach fights pretty much how you want thanks to the large weapon variety and the different abilities! It was so satisfying being able to use the human weapons far more often than you could in past Halos.

Your comments on the story, introducing what's happened since Halo 5, and the character development is brilliant. And, just like you mentioned in your review, I really should have mentioned by far the most innovative thing in Halo for a long time; the grapple hook! Wow was this a fantastic addition, so much fun and brought a new dynamic to fights!

I'm so excited to see where the series goes next!

NedStarksGhost

LtSarge

@NedStarksGhost Yeah I can definitely see the sensor being useful to some people and opening up different ways to approach enemies. Glad that you found it useful!

Thanks! I agree, the grappling hook is such a simple addition but it changes up the gameplay so much. Hopefully they'll keep it in all upcoming games.

In terms of what's next, I do think people would appreciate the game taking place somewhere with more variety when it comes to environments. While it didn't bother me personally, I can see how some didn't like being in the same environment all the time. But yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to whatever comes next!

@RogerRoger I'm definitely looking forward to reading your thoughts about Sonic Frontier. Maybe this will finally be the good 3D Sonic game everyone has been waiting for since Generations came out.

I just read your review and yeah, they don't sound appealing at all. Having to race against someone else just sounds stressful, especially when you have to do careful platforming. And the music being terrible, in a Sonic game?! That's completely unacceptable!

LtSarge

Jimmer-jammer

Finally wrapped up Last Stop. I try to only post about games that leave a very positive impression on me, and this was no exception. It succeeded in telling an engaging and satisfying story and I thought the way the three narratives came together was cool. Definitely worth checking out for anyone looking for an interactive movie.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

Papasears1982

Horizon done, Plague: Innocence Tale done, working on Witcher 3 at the moment doesn't look like im going to have it finished before Uncharted Remaster comes sigh to many damn games XD

"The pleasure of a dream is that it is a fantasy. If it happens, it was never a dream.” - Old Grandfather

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Thanks, and double thanks for reading my review in the other topic, too! You're right, all the faults of the Rivals games are insignificant compared to the horror of their soundtracks. That alone should be enough to condemn them, but there's some fun to be found if you absolutely must play some form of portable Sonic and don't own a Nintendo DS.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Jimmer-jammer Thanks for the info on Last Stop. That’s a title which is totally under the radar and one I’d never notice without your praise. Also, seeing that it’s from the makers of Virginia has me also curious. Added it to the wishlist, hoping for an inevitable sale!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jimmer-jammer

@Th3solution It was PushSquare’s Liam that turned me on to it! His review and a later recommendation seemed quite glowing, and I’m always curious about these interactive movie type games. They can go either way. Last Stop is surprisingly great narratively. It’s like playing through an episode of Doctor Who, or The Outer Limits or something along those lines. Definitely worth a go at the right price!

R1spam

I managed to wrap up Kena bridge of spirits today. I realise that the term indie is pretty broad these days but that this game came from an indie developer making their first game is mind blowing! I understand their background is as an animation studio, which explains why this is so ass-blasting beautiful! It's not just that they have nailed the visuals and animation, the combat and game mechanics are solid too, like someone mashed a mascot platformer and god of war together. It's surprisingly tricky even on normal (or it was for me anyway 😂) with challenging boss fights and a decent skill tree/combat abilities. I felt like the last 3-4 bosses, in terms of boss mechanics and difficulty scaling, almost felt like the last run in for metroid dread. The puzzles are mostly decent, very similar to the chest puzzles in the new god of war and the platforming solid, if a bit basic. If I'm being honest, the story isn't going to win any awards and can be completely skipped. Pretty solid experience overall and worth a play.

Edited on by R1spam

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

nessisonett

Finished Arkham Origins’ Cold Cold Heart DLC. It was alright. Some decent ideas in there but the final boss fight was so incredibly irritating that it soured the entire experience.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic