Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 5,525

LtSarge

Just finished Persona 4 Arena Ultimax on 360. Or I should say, the first episode with the P4 cast. There's also an episode with the P3 cast, but since I haven't played P3 yet I decided to leave that for a later time. Anyway, this was a nice spinoff experience just like the first Arena but it wasn't anything special. You don't really need to play this game if you're a P4 fan and honestly, it made me drowsy most of the time because you're mostly just reading and fighting every now and then. Not a lot of exciting stuff in other words. The story is very basic but the whole appeal is to spend more time with your favourite characters and it was great. I'm glad I could spend time with them one final time but I think I'm ready to move on now.

With that said, I've now completed basically all Persona 4 games, including P4 Golden, P4 Arena, P4 Arena Ultimax, P4: Dancing All Night and Persona Q. The P4 cast is technically in Persona Q2 but I consider that game to be a P5 title, at least for me.

LtSarge

jdv95

just finished guardians of the galaxy and man that is a fantastic game!

jdv95

KilloWertz

Kena: Bridge of Spirits. I had very high expectations for it that were mostly met. The major bosses in the game were more difficult than they really needed to be, which caused me to have to take a break from the game. I dropped the difficulty down whenever I encountered a major boss and then raised it back up for the rest of the game otherwise. They also could have spent more time with Kena's story, as you learn very little about her overall.

Still, it was a gorgeous game, and it would be a shock if you didn't already know that this was Ember Lab's first game. Hopefully there is a sequel though and they can improve on some things like adding more depth to the story for Kena and maybe slightly toning down the difficulty on some bosses.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

render

@KilloWertz I should have a window in my schedule very shortly so might pick this up, especially as so many people seem to be singing it's praises. It sounds surprisingly tough as well which is something I didn't expect.

render

KilloWertz

@render I hope you enjoy it too. Yeah, I didn't expect Souls-like bosses either.

Pixelated

i beat Back 4 Blood, on the first difficulty mode. unfortunately you're bound to how good your co op partners are in the game lol. if you're a good player, that's great, but without at least 1 more good player? it's unfairly hard.

as far as retro games go, i tried beating NARC on the nes. i even used the secret code to get more continues and it helps.. but it's still a hard game.

The Nintendo Switch is the only console that predicts its own future... after 5 years of nothing but weaboo games, you're ready to switch to another console!

Thrillho

@johncalmc It must be great to play it after the other games for all the little nods to them but also it's a little bit of a let down going from Zero to Kiwami 1..

Thrillho

johncalmc

@Thrillho I played Kiwami first because I'd never played any of the games at all, so I went Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3 Remastered, etc.

I've beaten 6 now too. I liked it - eventually. It took an age to get going, but it was pretty sensational toward the end.

Official ranking ---> 0 > K2 > 4 > 6 > K1 > 3 > 5

johncalmc

Twitter:

LtSarge

@crimsontadpoles I'd definitely love to give it a go one of these days as I absolutely loved Wario Land 3 and it's been such a long time since I've played this series.

LtSarge

Thrillho

@johncalmc Damn son, you didn’t hang around.

I’d probably agree with your ranking but a “bad” Yakuza game is still a great game.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

Just finished my first playthrough of Metal Gear Solid 4… just an amazing crescendo and I’m not surprised at all to have absolutely loved every second of it.

So apart from a little extra work to get the plats on 2 & 4 (which could end up being fruitless anyway in all honesty) that’s the whole series (well… MGSV, MGS:PW, MGS3, MGS, MGS2 & MGS4) played through in the last year. So good… maybe… probably… my favourite series of all time.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore The ending for MGS4 is so good.

It’s been ages since I played it but I seem to remember the credits rolling with Big Boss’ name appearing and you thinking he’s not been in it and then OH MY GOD!

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho i know, that really was a such a cool ‘encore’ moment.

It is so hard to end something in a satisfactory way… particularly something as monumental as Metal Gear. Well as someone who has obviously come to the series late, I think Metal Gear Solid 4 definitely did that.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore I'm so pleased to see you adore MGS4. Even if I didn't agree with everything you've said up there (which I do), it's just always great when a long-running series sticks the landing, and to see somebody so satisfied by the whole experience. Really happy for you!

Don't forget, you've still got Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to play, which takes place after MGS4. It might feel a tad superfluous to jump on it right now, in the wake of such a perfect ending, but I still reckon you'd enjoy checking it out someday. It's got quite a challenging platinum, as well, so it'll certainly feed your inner masochist once it's digested the MGS2 and MGS4 lists.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@colonelkilgore It definitely did. The length of the ending is nuts and something I doubt we'll ever see again, but I had 0 problems with that as it was so well done I didn't mind sitting there for over an hour. I still remember getting a phone call during it and telling them to call back later because I was watching the ending to MGS4.

Honestly, MGS4 was one of my all-time greatest gaming experiences. It was a big reason why I bought a PS3 shortly after the bundle came out, which in many ways ended up changing gaming for me. The only negative I can think of is that the game raised the bar so high for me that MGS5 ended up being somewhat of a disappointment for me.

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou yeah it’s a real difficult series to rank… and I have a feeling that the order in which they were played (as well as ‘when’ they were played) has a big baring on where each person would place them. Glad it got you back into gaming… I had a similar experience with GTA3 back in my early twenties.

@RogerRoger yeah it definitely sounds like we feel similarly about 4… I’ve been thinking about it all last night and Kojima has pretty much made the perfect sequel to all three games that came before it. It almost feels more like a companion piece to 1, 2 & 3 if that is even possible. The Eva, Raiden & Shadow Moses stuff all acted as such touchstones to my experiences with 3, 2 & 1 respectively. I wish that a number of other entertainment series had such a capstone!

I was planning on playing Metal Gear Rising in December actually… but on finishing 4’s story last night p, I’ve changed my mind. I’m gonna give it a year maybe, so I miss the world and characters etc. I’m also gonna brush up on my character-action skills before I try for it’s plat as it’s so notoriously difficult. Planning on playing at least the first three Devil May Cry games next year, so they should be decent prep.

@KilloWertz ahh that’s gutting that you were so let down by MGSV dude… you’ll always have 4 though… and it holds up really well tbh, maybe dust it off sometime if you’re struggling for something to play.

Out of interest MGSV was my first Metal Gear Solid experience… and as a result is very special to me at least. It’s firmly entrenched in my top 3 games of all time alongside God of War 2018 and Bloodborne.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic