Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,101 to 3,120 of 5,530

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I actually loved 3 as well, I know people find it a bit worse than the others but it was definitely better than Kiwami in my book. The ending was bizarre as always but the setting was amazing.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

@Thrillho @nessisonett it's so weird that people dislike 3. For sure, gameplay wise it has been the worse one so far but the story and characters are amazing.

I suppose there are a lot of substories ( I did either 101 or 102 of them) but I'd say the less relevant ones are very short and a lot of them pertain to characters in the main story which only makes the main story better.

The ones I skipped were the score based ones (baseball, golf, bowling), the hostess dates (I find the dates that you have to do before the substory really boring but I at least managed the cabaret club ones in Kiwami 2) and also the cabaret club hostess level up (because 3's cabaret club game is rubbish). Oh and of course Amon because I need to beat all the other substories to get it

See ya!

colonelkilgore

Just finished A Plague Tale: Innocence and as others including @Th3solution & @Jimmer-jammer has said it’s really good game. I was initially put off as I wasn’t a massive fan of the controls and the stealth sections (of which, takes up most of the initial section) aren’t stellar but as the game and story progresses I got drawn right in.

The ‘puzzle’ sections involving the game’s real usp are very good and only get better the deeper you get. The story is excellent too, with some of the most likeable child characters I can remember. Still have a few collectibles to go back for in chapter select but got most of them during the playthrough. Really enjoyed.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

R1spam

I've just wrapped up ghost of tsushima and wow! What a great ending, pretty rare for a game to have such genuine pathos. I started the game thinking how ubisoft the open world was and I wasn't sure the sony magic and earnest story telling would pull me through but I fell into a rhythm with it and as an open world, it's up with some of my favourites of last gen. Normally I trade games in after playing them but I'll hold on to this and get the expansion/ps5 upgrade down the line. I see a few people have also recently completed, anyone try legends mode?

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

colonelkilgore

@R1spam yeah while thoroughly enjoying it from the off, I was quite sceptical that it would become quite tiresome through repetition by the end… but as you said it just keeps things super interesting gameplay-wise while the story just soars.

**** DLC!

R1spam

@colonelkilgore I didn't hang about and do everything on the first island and think that's key. Quite a lot of people I've seen comment on it have burned out too early.

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore glad you enjoyed, man! I also didn’t love it right away but as the game progresses and the systems slowly layer it comes into its own and by the end I felt I had a great gaming experience. I’m excited to see where they take the sequel.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

TraCuz-

@R1spam Legends mode is great I really like how they handled it. During Ghosts with the mythical abilities I really wanted to see them heavily lean into them with some crazy abilities. But luckily they managed to keep the story of Ghost very grounded and real, and with Legends they kind of let their creativity go wild by fighting Oni and undead samurai. The classes and gear all have nice progression and rewards, rivaling even Destiny and Division as a free upgrade. Not to mention there's an entire 3 part raid. SuckerPunch killed it.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Thrillho

@R1spam I quickly tried Legends and I'm sure it would be good fun with a group of you together. The special moves are quite neat too.

Thrillho

R1spam

@TraCuz- @Thrillho will defo give it a go then. Every time there was a side-quest about a ghost or monster I was always disappointed it was mongols lol!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Bruh…, in the time it takes me to check my PushSquare news and posts, you’ve done finished the game! Are you sure you aren’t the alternate account for @KratosMD? 😜 You’re tearing through these games like your hair’s on fire!

Glad you liked it. It really is a quality title that fits nicely in a good palate-cleansing space between AAA events and bombastic showcase games.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KilloWertz

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. The game that got me to buy a PS5, and it did not disappoint. It brought me back to the PS3 days, which is a big deal because that's when I really go into PlayStation after finally getting to experience their great exclusives late in that generation. This game made me feel lucky to have a PS5 and I look forward to whatever they do with the franchise from here.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I have been pretty productive this week (in gaming terms anyway… irl I’ve been on annual leave and I ain’t left the couch😅). If I didn’t normally have to work 35 hours a week (which in all fairness, I have it pretty good so I ain’t really complaining) I’d have absolutely no backlog and I’d be about as pro-schedule as @JohnnyShoulder 😉.

Guess I’m still relatively new on the block around here as I’m not familiar with @KratosMD but I assume the reference involves him being a pretty speedy gamer. I wouldn’t say I’m massively quick if I’m honest… I try to search pretty much every nook and cranny within a game but I just put in some shifts this week - 12 hour days, from Mon through Fri.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Yeah, that’s what amazing about your recent run — you aren’t just popping in and out of these games. You’re platinuming them. I think I spent about 4 weeks going through and platinuming GoT.

And yeah, KratosMD was a regular around here for a while and really active in the community. He even spearheaded a lot of the activities and polls on the forums and started the game club. He was known to just play many games en bloc and go through stretches when he would complete a different game every day. I don’t think he was a full completionist or has a high platinum rate though. Anyways, one day he just disappeared. Had his name and all his posts removed. He ghosted us all. I think he was getting too upset about the Xbox and PS rivalry and a few fanboys got under his skin is what I think happened.
But I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s lurking around under another name though, he’s such an avid and passionate gamer. So you’re making me suspicious since you showed up shortly after he disappeared…. 🤔

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution that’s an awesome Push Square conspiracy theory… if it wasn’t involving me (& therefore I know the truth… or do I?) I’d be all about it 🤣.

In fairness, I haven’t got the A Plague Tale platinum yet… got some mopping up to do in regards to crafting but the chapter select system in place is a real ball-ache. I was one piece of leather off crafting everything during my playthrough (I looked everywhere for that last piece god dammit!) but now I have to play through multiple chapters from which I start with the mats I had on initially starting those chapters previously… and all in one sitting as if you log out it returns to the original playthrough status. I’m not far off though, just playing through Chapter 8, 9 & 10 and the crafting be done.

Then I just have to pick up a few flowers, gifts and curiosities and that’ll be the plat.

Shame about @KratosMD, sounds like a user (or former user… unle-ess 🤔) that I’d appreciate.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore I'm setting up the protest banners as we speak.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder well keep the faith Johnny… and you’ll have to let me know when the march takes place. I’ll see if I can fit it in to my schedule 😜

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Glad you enjoyed Plague Tale though. I was really surprised on how good the story was and how much I cared about the characters by the end. Looking forward to the sequel and glad it is not stuck on Xbox, as I feared when I found out the developer Asobo Studio was working on Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder agreed I’ll definitely be playing the sequel.

Yeah so what with the ‘arms-race’ in regards to studio (& in the case of Bethesda, publisher) purchases, Team Asobo seem like as typical a case as there is for someone to table a bid. On principle, I’m for teams remaining independent and producing goods for all platforms… but I really think Microsoft stirred up a hornets nest with the Bethesda deal and now I think I’d be looking to buy up all similar sized teams (to Asobo) with a decent track record. Otherwise you could find them bought out by the competition before you know it sadly.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Yeah, that story about Housemarque indicated that one of the main driving points for Sony to pull the trigger on the acquisition was that there were “other suitors” so it’s really like you have to buy these little developers before someone else does.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic