Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,021 to 3,040 of 5,530

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Unlike those damn feathers in AC 2!

Untitled

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder My brother recently finished AC2 on PS4 and I was going to get the platinum while he moved onto Brotherhood. Collected a feather and it said 21/100 feathers. Not amused.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

I can't recall if you mentioned it before... Is Persona 5 Royal your first Persona game @Arugula or have you played others in the series?

Good to hear you quite liked Ultra Despair Girls @crimsontadpoles

I said before when I finished it myself back in March but I think this game did wonders for Toko Fukawa whom I did like the idea of but felt they were vastly underutilised before and rather one note.

Quite liked the puzzle rooms too though I wished they were a bit harder to figure out personally as they were a bit on the easy side for me.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

I know you're a man of few words @Arugula from those corking movie reviews of yours so I'll take it you'd give the edge to P4 Golden? Or did have some problems with that too?

They had a great chimstry with Komaru too @crimsontadpoles (who had some pretty great lines herself)

As for the villains? Yeah... The whole kid angle really made me quite uncomfortable being both a primary school teacher and a mother. Especially with the backstory of Kotoko (Which I saw coming after Masuru's breakdown before the boss fight) and yeah... That made my skin crawl.

Monica's plan came off kinda stupid (Which seeing as she's a bratty little kid still kinda makes sense I guess?). Jataro was probably my favourite of the group thanks to Michelle Ruff's awesome voice work for him... Creepy at times but I got a few chuckles from her performance too.

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

crimsontadpoles

Half-Life: Opposing Force on PC. It's a standalone expansion of the original Half-Life, and was released in 1999. Opposing Force takes place during the events of Half-Life from the perspective of one of the marines sent to Black Mesa.

Overall, it's a fine game. I'm not too keen on first person survival shooter games against horrific creatures, but I still somewhat enjoyed this.

Zuljaras

Resident Evil Village. Definitely in the top 3 of my favorite Resident Evil games. It borrowed all the right things from Resident Evil 4. Loved it 9.5/10

I take 0.5 from the score because I can't revisit the boss areas like the Castle, Beneviento House, Reservoir and the Factory.

Edited on by Zuljaras

nessisonett

Finally beat the original DOOM, a game I can check off my bucket list. Well, I haven’t attempted Thy Flesh Consumed yet but that’s a bonus thingy so don’t know if I’ll attempt that or move onto DOOM 2.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

Ahh I see @Arugula! Well I appreciate you taking the time to give me a nice long answer (I actually wish I could talk so succinctly as yourself at times because I just can't seem to stop waffling most the time... Like right now!)

I agree with you on the first palace, defintely the highlight of the game for me. Did quite like the fourth palace as well, though the resolution to Futaba's arc seemed a bit rushed and brushed aside, getting over her problem far too easy.

I actually didn't mind the randomness of the dungeons in the previous games... But I wasn't a big fan of mementos myself as well. Especially in just the vanilla version of P5. The boring music for the area didn't help either.

And I most certainly agree with you that the art direction is rather nice and the game oozes style.

As I've already said before on the forums too many times to count I'm not a big fan of everything else it does though myself... Like the story being a bit of a damp squib.

And I'm not quite sure how to this end this rambling... So... Here it is I guess! 😂

Thrillho

That's Miles Morales finished for me at around the 22hr mark.

Really good game that looks fantastic too (I even loved the MCU style credits!). It feels just as good as I remember the original being but the venom attacks give it something new. The story is well done and the relatively short length of it means that it doesn't feel like there's too much filler in there at all.

That final boss is a bit of a step up though! I think I might have died once in the game up to that point but then five or six times in that fight.

Will definitely go back for NG+ at some point as that will be a fairly quick affair to knock off the final trophies.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Arugula Nice, and agreed about the final level, as well. A lot of the hardcore gameplay folks didn't like it, but I thought it was brilliant. Very memorable.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Finally finished erm, Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age, and it is only my second game of the series that I've finished, after 7 Remake. Took me the best part of 150 hours and still a fair bit to do in regards to the Platinum. But as much as I've enjoyed it I think I have had enough of the game and to continue playing it would make the experience less enjoyable. Still overall, I thought it was a brilliant game.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

I finally had a couple free hours and so I finished Control last night. I’d been hovering near the end and delaying the final stretch by running around mopping up side quests and Board Countermeasures. But I finally went through the final sequences and saw the credits both times.

The end game content is quite well done though and I usually don’t stick around a game after the ending, but this might be an exception. First off I have the DLC to do - both The Foundation and AWE. Secondly, I’m shy just a few more ability points for the last trophy so there will be a bit of grinding for that, but I figure I’m close. And lastly, I want to hang around and explore areas I couldn’t get to before due to mold etc, and as the bonafide Director talk to people and get the bonus dialogue from the NPCs.

So a few more hours yet until I lay the game to rest.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution nice Sol, glad you got a lot out of it. I never bothered playing the dlc but I heard both are good additions... reckon I'll catch them when I eventually replay the PS5 version.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder I've only played FFVIIR and FFXV (both of which I enjoyed) but a couple of friends of mine who are huge FF fans have suggested I should try FFXIIZA. Has it got action combat or turn based?

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Voltan okay... colour me intrigued. As you may have noticed (as I mention it semi-frequently) I've just never been able to click with turn based action... maybe a half-way house like this could be the 'gateway-drug' I need.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore You have Gambits, which are set of instructions to each party member. They then carry out these instructions automatically, so you are not carrying out the moves yourself on the screen, only setting up the Gambits.You only start off with the basic stuff, but you can buy more from certain shops. It is explained really well in game, although it wasn't until a few hours into the game that I unlocked the tutorial.

Voltan

@colonelkilgore Are you familiar with the "Active Time Battle" system of the classic Final Fantasy games? It's basically turn based but the order of turns is determined by a bar that can be filled at a different rate depending on a character's stats, status etc. Once it's full, a character can perform an action.
XII still uses a similar system but you can also move characters on the battlefield between the actions.
It's a bit of a middle ground, I guess.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder @Voltan I'm not familiar with either gambits or the 'active time battle' system... having read your explanations though I'm thinking I should probably just wait for FFXVI. The Last thing I need is to waste another 10-15 hours trying an RPG that doesn't have real-time action only to come to the same conclusion I'd arrived at with Persona 5 and Divinity: Original Sin 2. Cheers for the info though guys.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic