Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 5,527

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Metal Gear 1 is decent if outdated but Metal Gear 2 is a stone cold classic. I never really include them when I talk about Solid as they’re pretty different but more people should play Metal Gear 2 as it’s genuinely brilliant.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett I have heard that 2 is brilliant (& still holds up)... but if I’m gonna play 2 I’d have to play 1 and I’m just not sure that I can find the time to fit them in.

I’m gonna give it the consideration that a stone cold classic deserves though 👍

**** DLC!

Gremio108

Completed Concrete Genie, what a great experience, full of wonder throughout. I'm only a few collectibles from the platinum so I'll probably push on for that.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 I saw Concrete Genie listed in a recent sale, and very nearly pulled the trigger. You don't see its name often but, whenever you do, it's followed by praise.

Best of luck with the platinum. Next time I see it, I'll probably grab it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger it is one of this month's ps plus games, if you still sub to the service?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Onigumo

I finaly beat control dlcs, and thinking in play ffxii zodiac age...

Onigumo

nessisonett

@Onigumo It’s on Game Pass in case you have that! It’s really great, I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy haha nice, yeah i can imagine it being quite difficult to learn. I used to be ok at learning languages when I was a kid but that part of my mind completely shut down by the time i was a teenager. All I can really say these days is basic civilities and some rude words in Italian. Also the only essential order that I need to make if i ever visit - gelato con brioche!

See ya!

Th3solution

@RogerRoger You have until next week to claim Concrete Genie for free, my brother. In case you didn’t realize from the other people who have told you... 😜.
And honestly, although I purchased it on disc at release, it’s not a game that takes very long, nor one that will likely be prominently positioned in your personal collection. I doubt I’ll ever replay it, but I don’t know, maybe I will.
Actually, I think I wrote a favorable review of the game back last year. Even so, if I wasn’t inconvenienced by COVID protocols, I’d probably take my copy in to sell back for some store credit since I claimed it digitally on Plus.

Edit: Whadayaknow, I did do a review. Thanks to Rali’s convenient Review Thread index I was able to easily find said review — https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/retro_and_other_gaming/user...
And I even predicted the game would likely be a PS Plus game eventually. (I know - safe bet, but still) Oh, and I can’t believe I wrote that in Oct 2019, closer to 1.5 years ago. In some ways time flies, and in some ways that seems like a lifetime ago!

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Onigumo

@nessisonett I love metroidvania and all, and control was a great game, i think my problem is, my last game before control was the last of us part 2. Any game seens less shiny with tlous 2 around...

Onigumo

Kidfried

@Onigumo i'm playing through Control and have to agree with something you said earlier somewhere here on the forums. On the hand hand it's such a modern game. Even though it's a previous-gen game, playing it on my PS5 feels very next-gen: all the particles, and stuff flying through the air, the movement. Just the physicality of it all.

On the other hand, it's like a lot of those games I loved in the 90's and 00's; warts and all. As if I'm playing an alternate dimension version of Max Payne, John Woo, Dead to Rights or Enter The Matrix. And the list goes on, hahaha.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder @Kidfried @Th3solution Thanks for the heads-up about Concrete Genie being part of this month's PS Plus, folks! That must've been where I'd seen it, instead of listed in a sale. I'll have to log on and add it to my Library later.

And yeah, Sol, your review was one of those aforementioned pieces of praise about the game. I remember you were fair about it, without being dismissive of its shortcomings, and made it sound unique and interesting. That drew me in, and made me keep it in mind as a potential "when it's at the right price" purchase. Now that it's practically free? Well, that's even better!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@RogerRoger Yep, definitely worth a go. What I thought would be a distraction became my main game for a couple of days. I got the platinum last night, it was pretty straightforward, apart from one collectible which took me an hour to find. It was hiding in a bin, of all places.

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Bin there, done that... okay, in all seriousness? Congratulations on the platinum, and I will definitely be adding it to my Library. I'm even more curious to try it now!

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

Bringing a bit new meaning to the idea of 'rubbish puns'.

I've just been scrolling through @Th3solution 's spot on review (although chasing scraps of paper in the wind didn't bother me as much as it did him, he sounded traumatised!) and the ensuing comments. At one point, @Arugula mentioned that it left him feeling generally happy, and I'd second that. It felt like playing through a Saturday morning cartoon at times. One to get up early and play while the sun comes up.

crimsontadpoles

Hitman 3. I've cleared each of the new levels a few times each, trying different approaches and getting some of the special events and that. It was a lot of fun, and is a great final game for the trilogy.

I'm not going to worry about completing all the various challenges, but I'll head back whenever there's new content (one of the legacy pack Hitman 1 levels is getting an elusive target this weekend).

Th3solution

@Gremio108 Re-reading my review brings back some memories (and also the eye twitches and palpitations as the flashbacks of chasing pieces of paper in the wind surface in my mind) and I had forgotten how innovative the game truly is. We need more games like this. I can see your analogy of it being a Saturday morning cartoon comfort food, and that rings true. Despite my giving it a 6.5/10, it deserves to be played and experienced, for sure.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Gremio108

@Th3solution It's interesting to think that you played it in a pre-Covid world, while I've played it in a post-Covid one. I wonder if you'd give it a slightly higher score if you played it now? I know I appreciated an experience like Concrete Genie slightly more now than I would have done a couple of years ago.

Th3solution

@Gremio108 It’s an interesting thought experiment, but I think the awkwardness of some of the controls and character portrayal would still bring it down a little bit. But yes, the escapism of the relatively bright, charming, and inspiring setting might resonate with me in this cold, dark, and depressing world of 2020-2021. Interestingly, I played Death Stranding at the onset of the pandemic though and loved it, despite the associated irony of everyone in that game being holed up in their bunkers isolated from an apocalyptic world. Not to mention Resident Evil 1 & 2 were among my 2020 gaming highlights. 😅

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic