Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 2,161 to 2,180 of 5,525

HallowMoonshadow

I'll be sure to give the Left Behind DLC a looksee @LN78, @Th3solution, @JohnnyShoulder before I get to playing part 2 (Whenever that might be) 👍

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

I thought I was going to have to buy TLOU again before the release of the sequel but it turns out I did remember to add it to my library when it was a PS+ game.

Untitled

Thrillho

nessisonett

Well that’s the original Tony Hawk Pro Skater 100% with Andrew Reynolds. I could try and get everything with every character... but I kinda can’t be bothered. Onto the second game, which adds manuals, thank the lord. The final competition in Roswell took ages to get a gold medal on, made worse by the fact you can’t instantly restart if you place 2nd or 3rd, you have to watch the credits.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

That’s me just got the last bit of cash in The Bullring in Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, bringing my total to 100%. Definitely a big improvement on the first game, although some of those notes are really hard to get to. Now I have a decision to make, do I play the PS1 version of THPS3 and 4 or move onto the PS2 versions? Not really sure but I’m absolutely tearing through the games so more content could be a good thing!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett But how does it compare to the Soulsborne games?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Honestly, my thumbs are all messed up since I prefer the D-Pad so they’ve hurt my hands more than Dark Souls ever did! Some of the jumps were really quite difficult as well, especially with that 2 minute timer ticking down, making me panic. Definitely harder than I remember.

RogerRoger

...and that's the end of my Spidey retrospective, as I beat the final boss in Spider-Man: Edge of Time earlier today (well, okay, I have a Nintendo DS game incoming, but it's just a smaller version of one I've already played, so I'm not expecting it to be a revelation).

Edge of Time wasn't as good as its predecessor, Shattered Dimensions, but what it lacked up for in gameplay imagination and inventiveness, it made up for in story. Which is a good thing, because Shattered Dimensions had a pretty cookie-cutter plot, but kept it interesting by mixing up the gameplay and so, apart, neither game is perfect... but together? Yeah, I had a heck of a lot of fun, with comparatively few frustrations. In fact, one broken 2099 freefall section aside, I'd call them surprisingly polished, particularly for PS3 games which work right out of the box, no patches or installs or anything.

My only question now is, what the heck do I play next? I've been swinging, wall-crawling and web-zipping for so long now, walking around is gonna feel really weird.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Infamous is probably the closest you are going to get off the top of my head.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Gravity Rush also focuses on traversal so maybe that or the sequel?

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks; I had the same thought seconds before I saw your post, as I do have inFAMOUS 2, Second Son and First Light in my backlog (and I enjoyed the first game a lot).

Part of me reckons I should mix things up, though, so I'm eyeing DOOM 3 and The Last Guardian as well.

EDIT: Thanks to @nessisonett for that simultaneous suggestion! Gravity Rush is on my "must replay someday" list for the PS Vita, because I'd wanna be sure of my enjoyment before buying the sequel. I do recall thinking very highly of it, but I also never bothered with its DLC, so I'm uncertain.

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder Yeah, Infamous is a good call if you don’t want to stray too far from the kind of games you been playing. I believe you have completed (and somewhat enjoyed) the first game a few months back, so you have Infamous 2, Festival of Blood, Second Son, and First Light.

If you want to get away from superheroey, open world action games, then maybe The Last Guardian. I think you bought that one didn’t you? It is very different thematically from what you’ve been playing.

Edit: haha, simultaneous posting strikes again. Sorry for the repetition 😄

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger You won't have to wait too long for a new Spidey game...

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Dare you open up the Shenmue 2 can of worms? 😂
I was also considering whether you might like Gravity Rush 2. I fell off it after about 20 hours, but not because I didn’t like it. It’s a much bigger game than the first game. Might be worth looking at.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Thanks! Great minds, and all that...

I reckon I need short, sharp action right now, even if it isn't superhero-related, so I'll have a think. Also depends how the MCU continues to strike me, and whether or not I start to feel superhero burnout. Good to know The Last Guardian will be a nice and total change of pace, though; I have kept your review of it in mind, every time I've glanced at it on my console's dashboard.

But there's looking for a change, and then there's inviting narcolepsy, so I think I'll keep Shenmue II on the back shelf for the time being, thanks!

Extra thanks for the Gravity Rush 2 runtime warning, as well. The first was long enough!

@JohnnyShoulder No, doesn't look like I will, does it? Even more reason to play something wildly different whilst I still have the chance, methinks! Cheers!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD It's funny because, having never played the Halo series, I reckon you could take a lot of what you just wrote and apply it to the first Killzone game.

Well done for finally putting it to rest, and for beating it on both consoles!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Spooky!

But I'm the same; I don't think I'll ever replay Killzone now, not even the PS3 upgraded version. Funny how both sides in the old console war put so much stock in those games and yet, nowadays, the consensus would appear to be "Well, they're both as bad as each other!"

I'm about to start the PS4 port of that generation's DOOM 3. If it's any good, I'll let you know.

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@KratosMD I've always played legendary difficulty in co-op and feel that's where it shines. Not sure I could manage it on my own though so well done! The Library is rather horrid on that difficulty but a rather nifty grenade jump allows half of it to be skipped.

@RogerRoger Not sure that's a particularly fair assessment of Halo. You reminded me of how at the time of release Killzone was hyped as Sony's "Halo killer", which was always odd because they play very differently. Unfortunately the first Killzone was and remains a stinking hot pile of cow dung. 😂 Halo is of course dated and very much a game of 2001 (predating Killzone by three years, a long time back then), but the core game is still decent to go through. It was also extremely important and influential within the console FPS space.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@mookysam You're right, it was poor wording on my part; I didn't mean "consensus" as much as I meant to simply illustrate the fact that Kratos found both games comparable in a negative way.

You're also right to highlight the legacy of Halo, regardless of whether the original is any good.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

After over 15 years getting destroyed, I finally beat Tekken 1’s Arcade Mode for the first time. My reward was a 5 second cutscene of Kazuya chucking Heihachi off a cliff and smirking(?) with his horrific 3D model way too close to the camera. Worth it though, I’ve sunk too many hours attempting to understand the gameplay while the AI blatantly reads my inputs.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett In Tekken 7 they have some of the original cutscenes, but done in the new engine. Pretty sure they have all stuff from the previous game, I just ain't bothered to look at them yet.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic