Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 5,525

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett it's not a really hard one but there are a few that require time and dedication

but i have been playing it for about 55 hours, it's pretty much the only game i played since it released

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@Thrillho yup the first Batman telltale game was lacklustre. The enemy within is way better.

@JohnnyShoulder Sorry bro. Get on with it you are missing a top game.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BranJ0

@JohnnyShoulder That's a shame, you should really get back into it, especially since the game just gets better and better the more of it you play!

BranJ0

Black_Swordsman

Dark Souls 3 - Beat it a month or so ago. I found it harder than Bloodborne which was the first FromSoft game I played and beat, after beating them both I feel proud of myself and am looking forward to Elden Ring. Great game, the Twin Princes boss fight was my favorite.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Did you play the DLCs? The first one is a bit rubbish but The Ringed City is fantastic. Same goes for Bloodborne actually, The Old Hunters is a million times better than anything in the main game.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I played a bit of The Ringed City, and The Old Hunters, I just wanted to beat a couple of FromSoftware games for the experience. Do you believe the recent leak about Elden Ring?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I dunno if I believe the leaks but if the landscape is truly based off Scotland I’ll be happy. You should definitely complete (or at least attempt) The Old Hunters because it makes the rest of the game look bad in comparison and contains the tightest level design. Unfortunately if you’ve beat the game then you’ll need to start again/go through NG+ to access it again. An annoying quirk the SB games have.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I think you are being a bit harsh on the main game of Bloodborne. The main game is excellent and so is the DLC. There are quite similar in how they play and presentation wise. It is a bit of a head scratcher that you like one but not the other.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder My main problem with Bloodborne is that the areas just weren’t fun. There are a few great bosses but the rest are few and far between. What made The Old Hunters stand out was that the areas didn’t feel as much of a slog and all but one of the bosses were superb. It took everything that was good about the game and streamlined it into a smaller, more coherent area. I genuinely struggle to name a single area of the base game I’d say I enjoyed but I could in the other Souls games.

Gremio108

@nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder I remember hating some of Bloodborne's areas while I was in them, but afterwards thinking "that was incredible game design"

I've heard it said that women's minds block out the pain of childbirth so as not to put them off repeating the process. Sometimes I think the same might be true of Soulsborne games

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Not played the game in a couple of years but Nightmare frontier was pretty memorable. The place with bug people and that huge centepede thing before you fight Vom. After the moon turns red and those huge skeleton things. That is just off the top of my head. There must have been something there for you to keep playing.

@Gremio108 Yeah it's more like a love/hate relationship. Even when i face a difficult section I'm still enjoying it.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder What kept me going was the idea of finishing the game. There’s a certain level of satisfaction to be had from completing these games and after The Old Hunters, the final two bosses were rather trivial so it wasn’t much trouble.

nessisonett

There we go, polished off the Resi 7 DLC. They really delivered, with small, contained but new areas. Overall they provided some much needed closure to the story and both new characters were fun to play as. I have to say that Joe’s combat was proper good fun and suitably silly. The final boss of End of Zoe totally alleviated my concerns about the final boss of the game being a bit meh. The DLC final boss was the real final boss in my opinion as it was a test of the skills learned as Joe and just pure simple fun. It’s a shame that original players didn’t get to experience that without a paywall and having to wait as it is truly essential.

Kidfried

Hardly something to brag about, but at least it's a reason to talk about it: I beat Gorogoa.

I think it took me three hours, and that included taking the time to admire all the great.

Remember that I said of Dreamworld Dig 2 and Donut County that I wished they were a bit more ambitious? Well, in comes Gorogoa.

This game oozes creativity and it's a kind of puzzler and anti-puzzler at the same time. Being good at Rubik's or sudoku's won't help you in this game, because solving the puzzler is a matter of association, and thinking outside the box stuff.

It's kind of hard to explain, but upon playing you'll get it in a minute, and afterwards you'll (like me) fail to describe it to any of your friends.

Kidfried

JJ-firl

@Kidfried Have this on my wishlist for quite a while now but wasn’t planning on getting it this sale in favour of some other games. You changed my mind!

The current price seems fair for the invested time, would be a perfect fit for the Vita, though. Thanks (or should I say damn you )

Edited on by JJ-firl

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

Th3solution

@Arugula I had a similar experience with Transistor. The constant narration of the guy is unsettling. I’m not sure if it was the voice actor’s strange whispery out-of-place tone, the fact that there wasn’t any verbal responses or anyone for him to talk to, or just the sheer constancy of his commentary, or a combination of all three, but I agree that I just never got used to the dialog. It’s an interesting game otherwise and worth experiencing, but a little bit overrated, imo.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Arugula @Th3solution In the end I felt a little bit disappointed about Transistor. Like the sword's voice, things never felt completely right to me. Never felt like it all clicked and the different aspects of the game added up to something bigger than the sum of its parts. Whenever I won a battle it felt like I had cheated it, even though I probably played it the right way.

@JJ-firl Interested in your thoughts on the game!

Kidfried

Thrillho

I finally finished the main story of Yakuza 3 last night. I really enjoyed it again and I’m surprised to hear that in the past it was thought of as the weakest of the series and one you could skip, although it sounds like lots of stuff was cut from the PS3 localisation and is back in the game now.

I still have a few bits to do (and some new game modes to try after completing the game) but will probably write a bit more about it at some point.

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

I did it!

Took me over two months and by the end my save read 129 hours and 57 minutes but I've finally beaten Divinity Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition.

What a game! Definitely need a few short and sweet games to play after that mammoth of a title though! 😅

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Bravo! I’ve enjoyed reading your snippets about DOS2 and glad to see it kept you engaged right up to the end. It is a long game! Do you think your playtime would be considered average? It’s more toward the ‘completionist’ estimates on howlongtobeat, so I figure you took your time doing quite a bit of extra side activities.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic