Forums

Topic: PS Vita in troubled times 2017

Posts 21 to 30 of 30

mookysam

@themcnoisy Kanji's awesome, eh. I hate Chie's new voice actress though. Very irritating!

The Vita has a few games I'm interested in this year. Danaganronpa V3 is a must-buy for me. On the other hand I don't think there is anything upcoming on the 3DS I want which is a shame, but Nintendo seem to have largely moved on.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

themcnoisy

@mookysam I like all the voice acting! What I dont like are the 11 floor dungeons. Omg how annoying are they? I think I mentioned this before, but they really ruin the flow of the game. P4G is an amazing game for the subjects is covers and the unique gameplay. The dungeon / battling is fine, but they last twice as long as they should and the times I've saved early and switched off have all been after a Gohome item a few floors in.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

mookysam

@themcnoisy The dungeons aren't wonderful and yeah they break the pacing a little. I don't think dungeons have ever been particularly good in SMT games. It's a bit too dungeon crawl-ish wih not enough variation. The music is cool at least. My favourite aspect of P4G is definitely the social links and interactions and I agree about how good the subjects they cover are.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

themcnoisy

@mookysam Im in July just having saved Rise. Awesome game, Im at the point were I should concentrate on boosting a social link with my main team members I think - but then Kou from basketball comes up to me at lunch time or my moneys getting low so I have to work. Haha its great, hopefully I can blast another couple of hours later.

My sabbatical from the ps4 ends tonight but thanks to P4G and Dariusburst Im not overly keen for it to end.

Dichotomy

@themcnoisy The dungeons aren't the greatest thing about the game (if ever you needed to point out why No Man's Sky raving about procedural generation isn't as great as they made it sound then you can show how a hand crafted dungeon is always going to be better than a random one with P4), but they aren't terrible thanks to a decent battle system. I'd say they don't take too long either, but I am aware I have played through the game on more than one occasion so might be a bad judge on this. The game is definitely split about 80/20 or even 90/10 in favour of social time though so at least you always have that

Couple of things as I know the game is new to you, I'm going to assume you keep your weapons/armour up to date (buy them at the weaponsmith bloke), you know if you finish a battle with a pile on you always get card(s), if you clear all the cards you are guaranteed to get cards next time without a pile on and get two extra making it easier to clear them again? Also keeping a low level spell of each element is often good to exploit weaknesses without wasting mana, being careful with mana means you can usually easily finish a dungeon without needing to rest and the cup card is very useful for replenishing mana. If you are struggling, but don't want to waste a day resting you can go to a lower level dungeon and fight in it to replenish mana (cup card) plus strengthen your personna. Oh, and each dungeon can be played through again to face an extra boss and get a weapon and a point of courage if it helps.

Dichotomy

themcnoisy

@Dichotomy yeah I understand all of that, the sweep bonus and card bonuses. Its just every time I hit a dungeon I beat a few floors and am pretty bored. In FF8 the jail sequence is infamous for the very same reason a dungeon in P4G is bad.

Dont get me wrong, its fine and I will bear with it. But if they were smaller, say 5 floors. I dont think I would have an issue.

Its a great game, brilliant in my opinion. But that's the one big downer in the game for me.

Dichotomy

@themcnoisy I agree, I usually hate knowing a dungeon is coming up and just speed through them to get back to advancing the social links and story, but they aren't terrible, they just aren't to the level of the rest of the game. At least you're not playing it on the harder difficulties where some amount of grinding would be expected (oh, and if you can create the persona Black Frost yet then I'd do that, it will make things even quicker as that persona is relatively easy to make, covers multiple elements and has no weaknesses).

Dichotomy

themcnoisy

@Dichotomy top tip, what persona type is that under? (aka fool, chariot, devil etc)

Obviously I will post in the P4G thread from now on lol. I thought I was posting there. In the subject at hand P4G is a reason to own this system. A pstv is £50 - P4G is worth that alone!

Dichotomy

@themcnoisy Think it is under Fool, but it is one of only three personas under the list from combining five iir, so it is easier to look there and it tells you the five personas you need to make it too under that tab.

Dichotomy

Rudy_Manchego

@themcnoisy I got my PSTV secondhand for under £20 then got a cheap DS4. For that price, it is a great little bit of kit.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.