Posts 521 to 540 of 676

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger

Untitled

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@Indoorhero hey buddy, know what you mean about having a lack of people irl to chat this kinda stuff with… think you’ll meet a fair few people who like to chat about them here though. Welcome!

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@Indoorhero
Hello chap (chapette?).

I dont wish to talk about CoD or FIFA.
Thank you.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

KilloWertz

@Indoorhero
Untitled

I recognize your name from when you used to be on Xbox.

Edited on by KilloWertz

colonelkilgore

@Indoorhero I’ll actually add to what @Keith_Zissou said… although I was thoroughly enjoying my gaming prior to me finding this place, being able to chat things over and discover games that I would never have considered previously has only added to the fun.

**** DLC!

KilloWertz

@Indoorhero Makes sense, but yes, I still have my Series X. The PS5 is my main platform as well, but they'll have some games that I'll want to play like Bethesda games, Hellblade 2, and Gears 6, so it'll get kept for games like that.

RogerRoger

@Indoorhero From the desert comes a stranger...

Untitled

Although I'm sure you won't be a stranger for long! Welcome aboard the boards!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@Indoorhero Well, I'd be more worried about the resolution than I would be whether the disc drive is being used or not. The Series X is still superior to the S if resolution matters to you, but if you're not going to use it much, then I guess that matters less.

RogerRoger

@Indoorhero You guessed correctly... or, to put it another way...

Untitled

Looking forward to seeing what you make of today's utterly bonkers season finale!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Keith_Zissou Yeah, his name is Cad Bane, and he's arguably the best bounty hunter in the Star Wars universe, and certainly one of the most successful. He's also the fastest gunslinger in the galaxy, and has survived multiple encounters with Jedi. He's heavily inspired by Clint Eastwood and other spaghetti western stars. He first appeared in The Clone Wars and has gone on to make subsequent appearances elsewhere, and he's always a real treat. I'm putting all this in spoiler tags because some folks around here are still catching up with The Book of Boba Fett, which may or may not reference him.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Indoorhero Agreed. I was hooked by the Special Editions, but it was the prequels that guaranteed my lifelong obsession with that galaxy far, far away, and so Disney's early rush back to an original trilogy aesthetic didn't sit as well with me as a more balanced approach might've done. Between stuff like The Mandalorian, Jedi: Fallen Order, The Bad Batch and now The Book of Boba Fett, we're finally getting a much broader, more inclusive continuation of the franchise, and I'm here for every freakin' second of it.

Hope you enjoy the episode later! Switch off your phone, close the curtains and crank up the volume!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@Indoorhero There's always room for another Yakuza fan round these parts

Thrillho

KilloWertz

Maybe I should keep it secret that I didn't like Like a Dragon much at all when I tried it via Game Pass on my Series X. Oops....

My main issues were the fact that you'd sit there watching cinematics far more than actually doing anything. I loved Metal Gear Solid 4, which is a game that has very lengthy cinematics, but you also get plenty of lengthy gameplay sequences too. That and the fact that too much of the dialogue was just them standing their lip syncing to text on the screen. That's ok in a JRPG like Scarlet Nexus or Tales of Arise as that's the style of storytelling, but when you literally have a cinematic that is fully voiced that eventually turns into reading the rest of the scene just screams that they were being cheap rather than it being a style of storytelling.

Sorry to be a downer, but just explaining my reasoning and joining the discussion.

Snatcher

I'm not knew to the site per say, I'm a nintendo lifer, But I might pop in here from time to time. Hello!
(I know a few people here but so many other knew folks.)

Edit: also sorry if I don't respond right away.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

RogerRoger

@Snatcher [waves at new crossover community member] Welcome!

Making It So Since 1987

Snatcher

@RogerRoger @Indoorhero Thanks you guys! I feel welcome already!

I'm kinda air headed when it comes to playstation as a subject tho LOL.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@colonelkilgore Thanks. Er, do you by any chance love Xbox? Just asking.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic