Forums

Topic: Welcome/Introduction Thread

Posts 481 to 500 of 675

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder That reminds me of the whole ‘slang for cigarettes’ debacle as well. I was dead confused when my comment about Dot Cotton was removed but I forget that this site has users from all across the world and not just the UK which is fair enough. Part of me feels like we should come up with some sort of other word for that specific dish you’re talking about, if only just to get around the fact it’ll be automatically picked up by just about any online system despite being in a different context. Like I dunno, English haggis or something, it’s a pretty similar process. Apparently they’re called savoury ducks in some parts of England so there’s that.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Tasuki

@ralphdibny I have said in the past that before allowing people to make an account on these sites they should have to read the rules and verify that they read them before creating the account.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

ralphdibny

@JohnnyShoulder 😂 yeah probably but I like to be sure. I don't like doing a knee jerk report. But yeah it's hard to know what's a cultural difference and what's something worse. I lean on the side of laughing comments off unless it becomes an encroaching problem so I'd actually feel apprehensive to report anything that could potentially be construed as an opinion. For me at least, it's easier to just stick with with spam as it's black and white as to whether it's against the rules. I'm sure others with a better idea of appropriate conversation will pick up the slack on posts I don't report anyway. It's also more likely something id notice too because I do tend to click on the more technical threads because I'm more interested in helping and for some reason a certain percentage of troubleshooting threads seem to advertise like an essay writing service or like some random computer peripheral manufacturing service. Also, off the top of my (admittedly currently inebriated) head, I can't work out what food that you and @nessisonett are talking about. Very interested to know what it is though!

@Tasuki yeah it's a good shout!. Would probably only work if there is a test or something though. The amount of pointless Ts&C's I skip through because I'm only going to use the game/service for a short time might render it moot. I only do Ts&C's if I reckon it's going to be something I am quite involved with or I am supposed to pay money for.

See ya!

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder @nessisonett @ralphdibny With regards dinner, I think the replacement name you're all looking for is "really large meatballs" (which might elicit a giggle, but not a hate crime).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger I'm still lost 😂. I come from Italian ancestry on my mum's side and Irish on my dad's so the only other name we have for meatballs is "polpetti" which I believe is Italian lol. Someone will have to be more specific if they can brave the forum moderation but I don't blame anyone if they won't be 😅

See ya!

ralphdibny

ohhhhhh no, don't worry, I know what you are all talking about!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger @ralphdibny @nessisonett Mmmmmm, Brains! That might confuse things even further though! I totally get why it it happened, just a shame no common sense was used as all I was saying is how I like it with mash potatoes! 🤣

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

I totally get why it it happened, just a shame no common sense was used as all I was saying is how I like it with mash potatoes! 🤣

Well, we are on the internet, after all. I've heard about weirder dates!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I'm not even gonna ask what dark corners of the internet you visit then!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Please note my use of the word "heard", Your Honour. I am not to be considered a reliable witness in any way, shape or form!

Making It So Since 1987

Jtheripper

Hey everyone, just signed up, long time reader/visitor.
Just thought to say i signed to voice my opinion, ideas, wishes, etc on games of course, and cause i find this site always reasonable, down to earth, fair and helpfull.
And most posters too.

Cheers.

Jtheripper

RogerRoger

@Jtheripper Welcome aboard the board! Hope you don't get bored.

Making It So Since 1987

NedStarksGhost

@Jtheripper Hey and welcome. I joined here not long ago and can confirm it is a friendly place for healthy discussion and debate (the latest being the Sony Bad News thread).

NedStarksGhost

Jtheripper

lolwhatno wrote:

@Jtheripper Ay welcome! I joined for the same reasons (except that more and more toxic people are coming which sucks sadge ) I also was long time lurker lol, are you me?

😁✌
Hehe , thanks all, i tried quote more than 1 post but it seems to just replace the previous quote here where i type, i dont know.
See you in the game world.

Jtheripper

N1ghtW1ng

Good Day Everyone

I've been a Push Square reader for nearly a year, and I have often found myself drifting towards the various Forum posts on the site, so I thought I should sign up and join the conversation (so to speak). I've been a gamer for nearly 30 years now, starting off on the Sega Master System as a 4 year old back in the early 90s.

I currently own a PS4 Pro and a PS Vita. Unfortunately, I am at a stage in my life where I have to devote my finances towards things other than gaming, so I think I'll be either missing out on the PS5 entirely or maybe purchasing one late in its life cycle (if the stock issues are sorted out by then). I still love seeing all the new generation games though.

As to something a bit more about myself, I'm currently slated to be returning to university next year as a dude in his early 30s. I also enjoy MotoGP (Brad Binder/KTM), ice hockey (Anaheim Ducks/Calgary Hitmen) and football (Newcastle United).

Edited on by N1ghtW1ng

Performance > Resolution
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

PSN: Ra33z_19

colonelkilgore

@N1ghtW1ng welcome buddy, good luck for returning to uni as a mature student. I graduated at 30 and think I got much more out of the experience being a bit older.

**** DLC!

N1ghtW1ng

@colonelkilgore Thanks dude, I really hope I do much better this time around at university than the last time. I think you're right though, there's a good chance that I will also gain a lot more from the uni experience and also be more willing to graft and work hard.

Performance > Resolution
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

PSN: Ra33z_19

nessisonett

@N1ghtW1ng We’ve got a few mature students on my course and they do tend to work harder and get less bogged down by cheap pints at the student union. Good luck and welcome!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic