Forums

Topic: Welcome/Introduction Thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 678

TraCuz-

I'm far past an introduction as I've discussed a ton with a good bunch of you great fellows on here. I started surfing on this site around Nov/Dec and made an account around then.

I'm Tra (pronounced like Trey), been in the PlayStation family for 5 generations now. Love most game genres but favorites are RPGs, FPSs, Fighting Games, and Action/Adventures. I have a decent sized group of friends that are gamers but it's not often we have those juicy discussions I like to have as they are more casual with their gaming, so I'm pretty glad I stumbled on this community @Th3solution @TheBrandedSwordsman @RogerRoger @colonelkilgore @Ralizah to name a few. You guys are awesome and definitely given me some smiles and chuckles along the way.

Edited on by TraCuz-

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- I probably joined around the same time that you did then Tra. It is good on here... you just can’t discuss gaming properly with most people irl. I appreciate your input too dude 👍

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@RubyCarbuncle Fine, I take it back then.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@RubyCarbuncle This site is several thousand times more chill than NLife. Even with the slightly bonkers toxicity starting to creep into comment sections.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RubyCarbuncle

@nessisonett Agreed. I know I spent most of my time on Nintendo Life before and I would only come here the odd time but that's going to change. For the most part I didn't have an issue with the Community on Nintendo Life over the years but it was always the same people that would contaminate comment threads and in the end I just thought to myself feck this and decided to leave.

@LieutenanFatman Thanks.

RubyCarbuncle

Twitter:

Ralizah

@TraCuz- It's the discussions with passionate gamers in the forums that keep me coming back, for sure!

Nice to 'meet' you, Tra.

@RubyCarbuncle Ignore list is your friend. Both Push Square and Nintendo Life improved 100% for me when I hid the comments of a small handful of very annoying people.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RubyCarbuncle

@Ralizah Yeah true. Idk why though but I was always reluctant to add people to it, you're right though it's there for a reason.

RubyCarbuncle

Twitter:

TraCuz-

@LieutenantFatman Thanks for the welcome!

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

RogerRoger

@mrspider99 @RubyCarbuncle Welcome, new folks! Hope you have fun 'round these parts!

@TraCuz- Aww, I'm honoured to be listed in your belated introduction up there, Tra! Have a belated welcome right back at'cha!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Spaldy

Hi there, noob here. I recently joined Nintendo Life and then realised I could use the same profile here too. Good stuff. Current owner of a PS5, XSS and Switch.

Dark mode or go home.

RogerRoger

@Spaldy You'll be invaluable for settling any arguments over port performance, then! Welcome aboard!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@Spaldy I have a Switch also (don’t have an Xbox though) but I’ve basically given it to the missus as I just never play it. Something that grinds my gears far more than it should about the switch though is the button config. When the missus asks me to ‘do a difficult bit for her’ the fact that what would be Circle and Cross (X) are the other way around almost sends me off into a frenzy!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore You mean that you "confirm" with the rightmost button and "cancel" with the bottom one? Apparently that's how the Japanese like it - PlayStation used to be like that in Japan too (not anymore on the PS5).

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan yeah, it drives me insane!

@Spaldy tbh I kinda thought you may be able to... I’m good though. I liked the idea of a Switch but soon discovered that I like gaming on my big screen while sat on the couch. Also, I personally find (I’ll await the obligatory scorn for this one) the Nintendo games, while for the most part good games... very child like in theme. I’m not trying to say anybody who plays them is immature or anything but I just like the themes and imagery in my games to be dark & dirty. It’s part of the reason that I’m yet to play a Ratchet and Clank game... though I have the last one and probably will buy Rift Apart.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic