Forums

Topic: Welcome/Introduction Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 678

Mr_B021

Hi everybody, Mr_B021here. I have been gaming since the PS1. I like racing games, action/adventure, shooters and platformers. Some of my favorite games are Metal Gear Solid, Shadow of the Colossus, Astrobot Rescue Mission and Battlefield 1. I also like smaller 'indie' games, like the Witness, Journey or the Unfinished Swan. I joined Push Square in 2016. Mostly to read articles and comments, but I decided it is about time to contribute to the community and participate in the forums.

Edited on by Mr_B021

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

Kidfried

@Mr_B021 You're very welcome. And with a distinguished taste too.

What did you think of MGS5 and The Last Guardian?

Kidfried

Mr_B021

@Kidfried Thanks! Well actually a bit of a mixed bag in both cases.

I really liked MGS5's gameplay, flexibility and sense of freedom to approach things your way. But story wise it was one of the weaker entries in the series. I had really high hopes and wanted to experience the final missing piece of the MGS puzzle. And don't get me started on Chapter 3... I pray that someday Konami decides to release chapter 3 as a stand alone experience, like ground zeroes (along with a Bluepoint remaster of MGS1. I can't escape the feeling that all the story elements are there and Kojima simply didn't get enough time to finish it properly.

The Last Guardian was impressive. I really felt a connection with Trico. But it also was a bit too linear compared to SotC and for me it lacked that sense of awe. Still a very interesting game, more in league with ICO.

Mr_B021

RogerRoger

@Mr_B021 Always happy to welcome a fellow Metal Gear fan! I know it's slightly torturous, considering how savagely Chapter 3 was cut from The Phantom Pain, but have you seen the unfinished mission they released from it? Makes for an interesting watch, if nothing else.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Mr_B021

@RogerRoger haha, yes! Really interesting indeed. Imagine a short but sweet island expansion like ground zeroes. There is more than enough cutscene content for a final act (combined with the nucleair disarmament objective). I don’t believe its just for one missing phantom mission 51..

Mr_B021

Kidfried

@Mr_B021 If they had released Ground Zero like DLC (possibly even stand alone expansions!) for this game, it would have taken off like Microsoft in '94.

It's weird they didn't.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Mr_B021 Agreed; I think we would've visited that island quite a bit. I doubt it would've been as sprawling as either of the other maps, but it still would've made a better ending than "play these missions again to unlock a ten minute cutscene" regardless.

I mean, I still love everything about MGSV, but it's nice to dream, eh?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

LieutenantFatman

@Jecht_Ultima
Hi Jecht, welcome to the madness, good to hear you're enjoying Playstation again, plenty of fun to be had.

LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

@Jecht_Ultima
I enjoyed God of War much more than I thought i would, definitely a great experience. Ghost of Tsushima I've not played yet but I have heard much praise for. Looking forward to giving it a go at some point.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@Jecht_Ultima Welcome to the forums! You have many great games ahead of you. What platform did you game on before you got your PS5?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Jecht_Ultima Welcome welcome, both to the forums and back to the PlayStation family!

Making It So Since 1987

gamerx03

I am new and I want to say hello all

gamerx03

Jackpaza0508

I've been here since December but I haven't properly introduced myself so yeah
I'm Jack. I like platformers, action RPGS and whatever type of games Spider-Man 2018 and Miles Morales are. I enjoy writing game reviews for fun and I've never played mass effect unlike what my profile picture will tell you. I really like the scott pilgrim game and its ost. I love anything nintendo and Playstation. I also think that Clubhouse Games on nintendo switch is a 10/10.

Edited on by Jackpaza0508

He/Him

RogerRoger

@gamerx03 @lolwhatno @Jackpaza0508 Welcome to all the newcomers (and not-so-newcomers)!

Making It So Since 1987

RubyCarbuncle

I'm not new here I just deleted my old account and made a new one. Won't get into it but I was just getting tired of certain people on Nintendo Life. I still don't know if I'll be going back there.

@mrspider99 Hi

RubyCarbuncle

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@mrspider99 @RubyCarbuncle Welcome both! Hope you enjoy your time here!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic