Forums

Topic: Welcome/Introduction Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 402

WaiGeneral

Hi everyone, my name is Steve, I am 25 years old and a week ago I bought a ps5, you can congratulate me.

Edited on by WaiGeneral

WaiGeneral

colonelkilgore

@WaiGeneral hi Steve, welcome, congrats... what ya playing atm?

There are 2 rules in life:

1. Never disclose all of the information.

RogerRoger

@WaiGeneral Welcome aboard and, as per your request, congratulations!

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Arugula

@WaiGeneral Deserving of congratulations, not an easy task. I'll be even more impressed if you find a charging station. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Arugula

Mr_B021

Hi everybody, Mr_B021here. I have been gaming since the PS1. I like racing games, action/adventure, shooters and platformers. Some of my favorite games are Metal Gear Solid, Shadow of the Colossus, Astrobot Rescue Mission and Battlefield 1. I also like smaller 'indie' games, like the Witness, Journey or the Unfinished Swan. I joined Push Square in 2016. Mostly to read articles and comments, but I decided it is about time to contribute to the community and participate in the forums.

Edited on by Mr_B021

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

colonelkilgore

@Mr_B021 welcome buddy ๐Ÿค—

There are 2 rules in life:

1. Never disclose all of the information.

Kidfried

@Mr_B021 You're very welcome. And with a distinguished taste too.

What did you think of MGS5 and The Last Guardian?

Kidfried

Mr_B021

@Kidfried Thanks! Well actually a bit of a mixed bag in both cases.

I really liked MGS5's gameplay, flexibility and sense of freedom to approach things your way. But story wise it was one of the weaker entries in the series. I had really high hopes and wanted to experience the final missing piece of the MGS puzzle. And don't get me started on Chapter 3... I pray that someday Konami decides to release chapter 3 as a stand alone experience, like ground zeroes (along with a Bluepoint remaster of MGS1. I can't escape the feeling that all the story elements are there and Kojima simply didn't get enough time to finish it properly.

The Last Guardian was impressive. I really felt a connection with Trico. But it also was a bit too linear compared to SotC and for me it lacked that sense of awe. Still a very interesting game, more in league with ICO.

Mr_B021

RogerRoger

@Mr_B021 Always happy to welcome a fellow Metal Gear fan! I know it's slightly torturous, considering how savagely Chapter 3 was cut from The Phantom Pain, but have you seen the unfinished mission they released from it? Makes for an interesting watch, if nothing else.

Making It So Since 1987

Mr_B021

@RogerRoger haha, yes! Really interesting indeed. Imagine a short but sweet island expansion like ground zeroes. There is more than enough cutscene content for a final act (combined with the nucleair disarmament objective). I donโ€™t believe its just for one missing phantom mission 51..

Mr_B021

Kidfried

@Mr_B021 If they had released Ground Zero like DLC (possibly even stand alone expansions!) for this game, it would have taken off like Microsoft in '94.

It's weird they didn't.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Mr_B021 Agreed; I think we would've visited that island quite a bit. I doubt it would've been as sprawling as either of the other maps, but it still would've made a better ending than "play these missions again to unlock a ten minute cutscene" regardless.

I mean, I still love everything about MGSV, but it's nice to dream, eh?

Making It So Since 1987

Jecht_Ultima

Hi I have been reading Push square since I got my PS5 in november so I thought I'd finally create an account, I have not had a PS since the ps2 days so I am currently having a whale of a time catching up on all the great games I missed.

Jecht_Ultima

LieutenantFatman

@Jecht_Ultima
Hi Jecht, welcome to the madness, good to hear you're enjoying Playstation again, plenty of fun to be had.

LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

@Jecht_Ultima
I enjoyed God of War much more than I thought i would, definitely a great experience. Ghost of Tsushima I've not played yet but I have heard much praise for. Looking forward to giving it a go at some point.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@Jecht_Ultima Welcome to the forums! You have many great games ahead of you. What platform did you game on before you got your PS5?

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jecht_Ultima

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks man, I've been on PC for the past few years so it's nice to be back on playstation.

Jecht_Ultima

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic