Forums

Topic: Welcome/Introduction Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 679

SweetSummerShunv

@Ralizah Thank you. Yes I tend to remember all the Dangan avatars quite well too and you're always known to me as the one sporting the Junko avatar. Also, thank you for the reassurance about age, and I'm kinda busy these days to think about it too much either. I just want to look good in my favourite dresses for as long as possible lol.

In addition I'm definitely indeed going to be much more positive this time round as I'm now leaving my PCMR elitism behind just as I once did for PlayStation fangirlism, and this new avatar with my real face is going to reflect that

Edited on by SweetSummerShunv

SweetSummerShunv

Th3solution

@nuSkilz Welcome aboard! Hope you have fun posting! These forums have undoubtedly the best group of people youā€™ll find online.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

RogerRoger

@nuSkilz Hey, welcome to this corner of the internet!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett @LieutenantFatman @Ralizah @Th3solution @themcnoisy @johncalmc @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @JohnnyShoulder @ralphdibny @Thrillho @colonelkilgore I have changed my name from Draco_V_Ecliptic and will henceforth be known as TheBrandedSwordsman (reference to Berserk, the manga) in case you were wondering where I have gone and who I am!

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

LieutenantFatman

@TheBrandedSwordsman

Nice name change! I've always been curious about being a swordsman. I gave fencing a try, was interesting but I tend to overheat easily so the full head protection was problematic for me.

Also had a lesson in some traditional style sword fighting, I was interesting in doing more but it was too far to travel for regular lessons. Definitely worth trying out anyway, fun experience.

LieutenantFatman

Ralizah

@TheBrandedSwordsman Thanks for the heads up. I never would have figured that out on my own. Even a change in avatar can confound me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Black_Swordsman

@LieutenantFatman Thankyou, Lieutenant. Have you ever read any of Berserk? It was a huge influence on Demon's/Dark Souls.

With regard to the sword-fighting, I've always been interested as well, even though the name only comes from the manga. I think that Flash of the Blade by Iron Maiden is an excellent song for fencers everywhere too.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Jimmer-jammer

Hello. Iā€™m pretty new to all of this stuff and only just discovered the difference between comments and forums...I think...Iā€™ve read PushSquare for a while before joining up, but havenā€™t engaged any online community in this capacity...ever.

I try to sound way smarter than I am but more often than not end up sounding like an idiot. After breezing through some of these threads, I have come to the realization that along with sounding like an idiot, I also may have stepped on some toes and/or offended some of the bread and butter of the community which was never my intention. If there is a way this is all done, I donā€™t know it. With that, Iā€™d like to humbly introduce myself.

My name is Jesse. Iā€™m a film school graduate. I had to get a ā€˜realā€™ job to pay for the copious amounts of debt that liberal arts school gave me. While paying off debt, I married the literal ā€˜girl next doorā€™ who Iā€™ve known since I was two. We have four kids. I am fortunate to have the same core group of friends Iā€™ve had my entire life and am still close with them. I still do a lot of artsy things on the side but they donā€™t exactly pay the bills. Music mostly. Iā€™m a truck driver by trade.

Gaming has been a constant my entire life. I loved my Turbografx 16 and Sega and fell in love with PlayStation the day I played one. I donā€™t feel like giving my whole life story, but this site has been a pretty great outlet for me and I appreciate both PushSquare and itā€™s uniquely reasonable community. Hope to have some interesting discussions with you all. Cheers!

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

Blooper987

@Jimmer-jammer Hi! Nice to have you here!

Warning: I tend to be pretty weird sometimes. You can just ignore me if I come off as strange or something (;

Edited on by Blooper987

Jimmer-jammer

@Blooper987 thank you. I like weird people. They are much more interesting, so...right back atcha šŸ˜„

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 You gonna rebrand your self as kyle: forrester : 87?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LieutenantFatman

@Jimmer-jammer
Not sure how you would have offended anyone, can't say I've seen anything problematic myself. Welcome to the forums! It's a great community, I'm sure you'll get on well.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@Jimmer-jammer Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your time here!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic