Forums

Topic: Welcome/Introduction Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 675

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha and yet I didn't know you'd joined til like ten minutes ago you cheeky so & so!

Welcome to Push Square and it's forums @RagingFire_Fox

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@RagingFire_Fox Hello! Any friend of @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy is welcome indeed! I’m sure she’s shown you around the place, but make yourself at home. There are drinks in the fridge.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RagingFire_Fox

@Arugula Great to know I'm in the right place then!

@Th3solution Thanks for the welcome! She talks about this place a lot so I finally decided to check it out!

All I wanna do is draw and play games

JohnnyShoulder

Welcome to the forum @RagingFire_Fox! Hope you have fun posting! You have a lot to live up to, if you are wordsmith like @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution Where are these drinks? Is there cherryade? Like, really dirt-cheap sugar free stuff?

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Gremio108

@RagingFire_Fox Hello! What's the collective noun for foxes? Whatever it is, we've got it.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Gremio108 Out of curiosity, I had to google. If the internet is to be trusted (and we know it shouldn’t ever):

“Male foxes are known as dogs, tods or reynards, females as vixens, and young as cubs, pups, or kits. A group of foxes is referred to as a skulk, leash, or earth.”

So, I guess we have a skulk of foxes? Or a leash of foxes? An earth of foxes sounds just weird.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JJ-firl

@Gremio108 Trivia time, that's my cue!

EDIT: @Th3solution beat me to it

Our canine friends are referred to as a 'skulk' of foxes.

Other notable collective names for animals from the top of my head:

• A parliament of owls
  • A shadow of jaguars
  • An unkindness of ravens
  • A murder of crows

Why do I remember this stuff and forget to swing by the supermarket on my way home from work...

Edited on by JJ-firl

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

RagingFire_Fox

@JohnnyShoulder Oh I'm so not going to be able to live up to the mistresses of the word. My abilities consist of random facts and speaking nonsense

Gremio108

@Th3solution @JJ-firl I like 'a skulk of foxes' very much. Today's challenge is to try and get it into conversation at work.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RagingFire_Fox

@Gremio108 Oh that's easy! I would just throw it out there if it was me.

HallowMoonshadow

RagingFire_Fox wrote:

Oh I'm so not going to be able to live up to the mistresses of the word. My abilities consist of random facts and speaking nonsense

...Mistress of the word? Thanks for the new nickname @RagingFire_Fox 😂

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@RagingFire_Fox Oh you will fit right in here then, most of us speak a load of nonsense any way! Mistress of the word? Ha ha yep I like that!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Mistress of the Word totally sounds like an 80s power metal band in the best way possible.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic