Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,285

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I’m sure I’ll enjoy them. I’m sure it’ll be something like when the missus twists my arm into watching a Pixar movie… I never fancy it but usually end up thinking it was really quite good. Might try and squeeze the PS4 reboot in before the end of the year if I can.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore R&C is a series that kind of passed me by back in the day but I had great fun with the reboot (even with a game breaking bug 2/3 of the way through the first time!) and then with Rift Apart.

The reboot looks great on PS5 too and I think I prefer it overall to the new game but the latter does a great job of showing off the PS5.

Thrillho

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
You should, I didn't fancy it either but was glad when I finally did. Plus there is a trophy for using the weapon that makes enemies dance on all enemies in the game, it was worth it for that alone!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Thrillho

@sorteddan Oh god, the paranoia of missing one of those enemies though!

I pretty much had a checklist to make sure I got them all.

Thrillho

sorteddan

@Thrillho
Yeah I just felt that summed up the joyful nature of the game - making a room of monsters break into a choreographed dance number while I went around and destroyed them with a wrench - happy days 😁

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

That’s an interesting one about which is the weakest Sony studio. I’d say Bend but Uncharted Golden Abyss was pretty decent. Sucker Punch is another weaker one but I haven’t played GoT yet. I’d even put Bluepoint in there because as much as I respect their work, there’s an argument to be made that the lack of original titles means they’ve taken less risks than studios which have released games that didn’t hit the same heights.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nomither6

@colonelkilgore i strongly recommend R&C 1 2 3 and 4

the fourth being “tools of destruction”

edit : the original is waaaay better than the reboot/remake , whatever it was

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore The two newer games are easily achievable platinums too.

The reboot takes a bit more work as you have to grind a bit to level up all the weapons but I quite enjoyed that as if meant you had to utilise all the weapons whereas you could just ignore most of them in Rift Apart if you wanted to.

Thrillho

Pizzamorg

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

(Slight early gameplay spoilers) In Ragnarok I like playing as Arteus

Do people not like those sections? Personally, the novelty did kinda run out for me by the end, as they did lack depth or progression in the way they played, but the first couple of times you got to do it I was like.... holy *****! They build on what they have here, and if needs to be a Kratosless God of War future I think it can work.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

LN78

There's a very thin line between "good value for money" and "goes on for far too long". Sony first and second party titles are outstaying their welcome - the last few I've played - "DS", "HFW" , "TLOU2" and "GOW:R" have all started testing my patience long before reaching their conclusions.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Anti-Matter

I bought PS4 for playing girlie games for kids such as My Little Pony, Paw Patrol games, My Universe games, etc.
Not everyone here have interest with AAA games for adults.

Anti-Matter

Pizzamorg

LN78 wrote:

There's a very thin line between "good value for money" and "goes on for far too long". Sony first and second party titles are outstaying their welcome - the last few I've played - "DS", "HFW" , "TLOU2" and "GOW:R" have all started testing my patience long before reaching their conclusions.

Yeah, anyone who says more game = better game needs to play all 90 hours of Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

I think it is a real shame the industry seems to have somewhat shifted focus to making sure every game is this endless treadmill designed to trap the player, rather than just being about telling great stories and providing interesting, innovative, gameplay loops.

It is why a game like the first Last of Us, as dated as the gameplay may feel nowadays, still only becomes better for me with each passing year, as games like that become increasingly rarer to the tidal wave of live service garbage and bloated open world filler.

It is a shame too, as about ten years ago I loved live service games and massive open world games, but I love cheesecake too, but I wouldn't want to eat it every day for a decade. Having a nice cadence of big, triple AAA, titles, mixed in with more focused, linear, single player experiences that are 10 to 15 hours long would be ideal for me. But now it is like, hey, which of the thousand hour games released this week do you want to play first?!

Thank God for indie games, honestly.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Th3solution

@Pizzamorg @LN78 Agreed. I think there is some strange algorithm that game producers use where they have to justify pricing by sheer time to completion. I’ll happily pay for a game that is shorter if it is quality content during that shorter span.

It’s why Miles Morales is a better game than Spider-Man. And why Lost Legacy is better than Uncharted 4. I really like these interstitial releases where Sony has explored the more focused shorter expansions. Even Rift Apart ventured into that refreshing sweet spot of 12-15 hrs. Unfortunately I don’t think it sold well at full price, and the shorter runtime was one of the criticisms out there.

I’ve definitely played games that were short but felt long (The Marvel’s Avengers campaign most recently, 8 hrs felt like 40) or were long and felt short (so far Hogwarts is like that for me, although I’ve got a lot of game left, but another example for me is Death Stranding). So it can be more about how well the game clicks individually.

Definitely quantity does not guarantee quality, although there’s a time and place for everything, and marathon games like Elden Ring or Persona 5 do have a place.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

American dates on trailers. Please stop. As far as I'm aware you are the only country that uses that format. More common in gaming as staggered release dates are less common these days.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

@JohnnyShoulder
Yep I was trying to figure out just yesterday if a games was releasing then (08/03) or at the beginning of August.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Let's be honest, given how unreliable most release dates are anyway, I reckon developers should stop putting dates on trailers altogether. It's just embarrassing.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@JohnnyShoulder I didn't even know about the American calendar shorthand until after the Twin Towers tragedy became colloquially known as "9/11". I've been doing mental recalculations on Trailer dates ever since.

LN78

JohnnyShoulder

@sorteddan #dreamsshattered Is that how hash tags work?

@RogerRoger I agree when it is some time away, but when it is quite close, like with Starfield yesterday when it is a 'Release Date Trailer' it kind of defeats the object if there is no date.

@LN78 Yeah, there is that realisation that 'Oh wait. I need to swap the month and day around'. That threw me when the first anniversary came round.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder And why we use the English system for measurement instead of the metric system like the rest of the world, I’ll never understand. 😂 Even the English don’t use it. Somehow we still pay homage to whatever king’s foot was 12 inches long.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic