Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 3,461 to 3,471 of 3,471

XandertheWise

right now Im binge watching breezing through some episodes of UnXplained that narrated by William Shatner on Netflix

XandertheWise

JohnnyShoulder

Only a few episodes in, but I am enjoying Slow Horses thus far. I think the characters and dialogue are ace, especially Gary Oldam's 'Lamb' who is so very acerbic.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

XandertheWise

i heard Netflix is getting rid of Naruto next month so I just got back into binge watching some of Season 3 and some of Season 4.

anyone know what episode of Season 4 the first Naruto movie takes place? such as the name of the episode?

XandertheWise

RogerRoger

@XandertheWise Alas, you're a tad late to the first movie, Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, if you're already nearing Season 4. It apparently fits between Episode 101 ("Gotta See! Gotta Know! Kakashi-Sensei's True Face!") and Episode 102 ("Mission: Help an Old Friend in the Land of Tea") which are the first two episodes of Season 3. I seem to recall it being mostly standalone, though, so you might be okay.

The second movie, Legend of the Stone of Gelel, takes place after Season 4's Episode 160 ("Hunt or Be Hunted?! Showdown at the O.K. Temple!") whilst the third, Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, takes place after Season 5's Episode 196 ("Hot-Blooded Confrontation: Student Vs. Sensei").

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

XandertheWise

@RogerRoger actually Roger, youre a bit off.

I just checked the episodes on Netflix myself. The Gotta See Gotta Know and Help an Old Friend are Season 4 episodes so I still have a long ways to get there since Im in the middle the last half of Season 3

XandertheWise

RogerRoger

@XandertheWise Hmm. Apologies for that. I double-checked Wikipedia's episode listing and it has them down as the opening episodes of Season Three. Perhaps the season breaks are different on Netflix? Regardless, I'm glad you haven't missed the window, and hope you can get it all watched before it's gone!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Just watched the first episode of The Man in the High Castle on Prime Video. Holy crap, the premise of this show is seriously so interesting and captivating for me. I love history and the concept of alternative timelines, not to mention that I have an interest in both Germany and Japan. So this is pretty much the perfect show for me.

It's so interesting seeing the United States being split between Germany and Japan, and how different the culture is in each part of the country. Seeing New York meshed with European culture and San Fransisco mixed with Japanese culture is so fascinating.

It's been a long time since I've found a show this interesting and fitting for me. I'm definitely going to continue watching it. I might even extend my subscription to Prime for another month just to watch through this. Dear lord how have I not heard of this show before, lol.

LtSarge

PegasusActual93

@LtSarge
The last season is a bit rushed. Everything is resolved just faster than it really should have so be ready for that and that is also no fault to the writers they did the best they could; but yes. I am still surprised how little this show is talked about.

Born too early to explore space and born too late to explore Earth, but born just in time to explore memes.

LtSarge

@PegasusActual93 Seems like there's a tendency with Amazon TV shows and the last season being rushed. It was the same thing with The Expanse. It doesn't bother me that much as long as the rest of the seasons are great.

LtSarge

PegasusActual93

@LtSarge
Well with this show Amazon cancelled it after the fourth season when it was intended to be five. Everyone was informed ahead of time but they still had to cram two seasons of plot into one and it shows.

Born too early to explore space and born too late to explore Earth, but born just in time to explore memes.

RR529

Shows I've finished in the last few weeks.

Midnight Diner season 3 (Netflix) - Pretty much more of the same, but that's no bad thing. There was an episode early on centered around the younger Yakuza guy (can't think of his name off hand) that was absolutely gut wrenching. Loved the final episode where they got everyone back for the New Year celebration though.

High School of the Dead (Blu-Ray) - I'll never get over how genuinely good this show is. Yes, it's filled with OTT ecchi/cheesecake, but it genuinely takes it's concept & world building surprisingly seriously. It's animation is leagues above what I've usually come to expect from "fan service" fare, the action is super fun, & yet it knows when to step up and clue you in on how the world at large (and government/military agencies) is reacting to the breakout. I even warmed to all the American-isms that were almost certainly added to the dub (references to Wal-Mart, the NRA, even Sarah Palin, etc.) which ended up complementing the tone, IMO. I'm stunned it never got a season 2.

Triage X (Blu-Ray) - Based on a manga by the same guy who made HOTD above, I have similar thoughts about this one. The animation is noticeably not quite as good, but here we have another "ecchi" anime that vies to take it's narrative/action elements seriously (this time about a group of hospital workers, & students from an affiliated high school, who moonlight as vigilantes during the night, "operating on the health of the city"), to be more than just T&A. Like the above, it never moved beyond it's first season though, which is a shame (at least I have the manga to fall back on).

@LtSarge, if you go back through the last several pages you'll probably see me posting about the Man in the High Castle as I just went through it over the summer myself. Really good show, though I'm not a big fan of some of the decisions in later seasons (though again, that's probably partly down to them being rushed, as has been mentioned).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic