Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 3,441 to 3,460 of 4,472

ApostateMage

I've watched a few episodes of Cyberpunk Edgerunners and I'm really digging it. I love all of the music, lingo, cars, adverts and locations from the game. Preem stuff. Characters are pretty cool, too.

ApostateMage

EliteSlayer

Watched dr who last night, definitely one of the better episodes of this era. The twist at the end got me hyped for next years episodes.

EliteSlayer

JohnnyShoulder

Never seen the show, but know a few on here are fans...

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

CJD87

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks for this... had no idea a teaser had dropped! This show is immaculate, easily in my top #3 of all time - just so good

CJD87

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Buzzing! You really should get round to it, it’s easily one of the best shows on at the moment.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ApostateMage

@Kairu There's definitely nothing that would spoil the game for you, just references from it. It's great seeing and hearing things from the game but I don't think that anybody who hadn't played Cyberpunk 2077 would be lost watching Edgerunners. I'm not really into anime myself but I'm really enjoying the series. It will definitely make you want to play the game after watching it.

ApostateMage

PegasusActual93

@JohnnyShoulder
How convenient I just finished season 3 and am all caught up.
Quick question, I am on Android and am trying to figure out how to copy and past an image from my gallery into this forum, does anyone have experience with this?

Edited on by PegasusActual93

Born too early to explore space and born too late to explore Earth, but born just in time to explore memes.

JohnnyShoulder

@CJD87 @nessisonett @PegasusActual93 I may have to suck it up and sub to NOW TV, but I really do hate the service! 😂

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@PegasusActual93 To post an image from your device, I use an image hosting site. https://imgbb.com/ is the one i use as it is free to use.

Once uploaded, make you you select 'BB code full linked' and then copy link on to here. That way, you do not need to add any extra tags or anything.

Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder We recently switched from Sky which we’d had for over 10 years to Now TV and it’s been pretty good actually. Much cheaper too, Sky don’t give a crap if you’re a long time customer and were charging us over £100 a month for basic HD TV and broadband.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah I just to get over them charging extra get the content in 1080p. Which is proving really difficult lol.

PegasusActual93

Untitled

First official screenshot from Amazon's upcoming Fallout TV series. Looks legit.

Born too early to explore space and born too late to explore Earth, but born just in time to explore memes.

Thrillho

@nessisonett I sat down and watched the latest Who last night and thought it was great fun. A shame that the big moments had already been plastered everywhere already but it was a fun episode that really used all of the 90 minutes.

Sure there were plot holes galore but the guy who plays The Master at the moment is great, striking the perfect balance of sinister mixed with panto villain.

As with all “new Who” it’s always interesting to read up afterwards quite how many references etc went over my head (the inclusion of Ian was pretty cool!) but even more so when I couldn’t tell if references were from the latest series or from the 60s.

Thrillho

LtSarge

Finished watching DC Titans season 3. Great season! I feel like I had a hard time growing fond of the characters in the first two seasons but that all changed in this one. Lots of backstories, touching moments and great interactions. Not to mention having the setting in Gotham definitely made for a nice change of scenery. Genuinely can't wait for season 4 now!

LtSarge

nessisonett

Driving School is now on iPlayer. Spent the night laughing my head off. Weirdly enough, despite it being 1997, it reminds me a lot of how I remember the UK from my early childhood, through the fashion and such.

PegasusActual93

I kind of want to start a bit of a discussion here. People are always talking about "the most shocking TV show deaths" so out of curiosity could some of you here maybe do the opposite and voice what characters who survived the whole show are you most surprised by? Mark your spoilers of course.

colonelkilgore

We just finished The Rings of Power on amazon… and quite liked it fair play. It might’ve helped that all I read for the last 2 months was hate, so my expectations were non-existent… but after the first one or two eps (which I did think were a bit ropey) I liked where the story went.

I’m not a Tolkien scholar or anything but I did read quite a bit about the history of Middle-Earth and Valinor back around 2000 and I personally didn’t feel that the narrative was that in opposition with the historical outline for the period. My memory from that time isn’t necessarily all that though, so I could well be way off.

**** DLC!

The_Moose

@PegasusActual93 Don't know if this meets your requirements but I really hope Jaskier dies on The Witcher. He was bearable in S1 but he's the equivalent of Jar Jar Binks in S2.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

JohnnyShoulder

That's a shame, as I think Cavill is almost perfect for the role. And I had massive reservations about him when I first heard he was cast. Not sure about Liam Hemsworth either, but we shall see.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

CJD87

Sorry to see this, as Cavill’s casting (IMO) as Geralt is absolutely lightning-in-a-bottle.

It’s awesome as well that Cavill was genuinely familiar with the source material prior to undertaking the role, and I believe he’d even played through Witcher 3 some years prior to auditioning…. Love that he’s a self confessed nerd! He’s great also with the fans, and the ‘event’ / interview side of things

Big shoes for Liam to fill

CJD87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic