Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 3,381 to 3,400 of 4,462

XandertheWise

@RogerRoger actually Roger, youre a bit off.

I just checked the episodes on Netflix myself. The Gotta See Gotta Know and Help an Old Friend are Season 4 episodes so I still have a long ways to get there since Im in the middle the last half of Season 3

XandertheWise

RogerRoger

@XandertheWise Hmm. Apologies for that. I double-checked Wikipedia's episode listing and it has them down as the opening episodes of Season Three. Perhaps the season breaks are different on Netflix? Regardless, I'm glad you haven't missed the window, and hope you can get it all watched before it's gone!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Just watched the first episode of The Man in the High Castle on Prime Video. Holy crap, the premise of this show is seriously so interesting and captivating for me. I love history and the concept of alternative timelines, not to mention that I have an interest in both Germany and Japan. So this is pretty much the perfect show for me.

It's so interesting seeing the United States being split between Germany and Japan, and how different the culture is in each part of the country. Seeing New York meshed with European culture and San Fransisco mixed with Japanese culture is so fascinating.

It's been a long time since I've found a show this interesting and fitting for me. I'm definitely going to continue watching it. I might even extend my subscription to Prime for another month just to watch through this. Dear lord how have I not heard of this show before, lol.

LtSarge

PegasusActual93

@LtSarge
The last season is a bit rushed. Everything is resolved just faster than it really should have so be ready for that and that is also no fault to the writers they did the best they could; but yes. I am still surprised how little this show is talked about.

Born too early to explore space and born too late to explore Earth, but born just in time to explore memes.

LtSarge

@PegasusActual93 Seems like there's a tendency with Amazon TV shows and the last season being rushed. It was the same thing with The Expanse. It doesn't bother me that much as long as the rest of the seasons are great.

LtSarge

PegasusActual93

@LtSarge
Well with this show Amazon cancelled it after the fourth season when it was intended to be five. Everyone was informed ahead of time but they still had to cram two seasons of plot into one and it shows.

Born too early to explore space and born too late to explore Earth, but born just in time to explore memes.

RR529

Shows I've finished in the last few weeks.

Midnight Diner season 3 (Netflix) - Pretty much more of the same, but that's no bad thing. There was an episode early on centered around the younger Yakuza guy (can't think of his name off hand) that was absolutely gut wrenching. Loved the final episode where they got everyone back for the New Year celebration though.

High School of the Dead (Blu-Ray) - I'll never get over how genuinely good this show is. Yes, it's filled with OTT ecchi/cheesecake, but it genuinely takes it's concept & world building surprisingly seriously. It's animation is leagues above what I've usually come to expect from "fan service" fare, the action is super fun, & yet it knows when to step up and clue you in on how the world at large (and government/military agencies) is reacting to the breakout. I even warmed to all the American-isms that were almost certainly added to the dub (references to Wal-Mart, the NRA, even Sarah Palin, etc.) which ended up complementing the tone, IMO. I'm stunned it never got a season 2.

Triage X (Blu-Ray) - Based on a manga by the same guy who made HOTD above, I have similar thoughts about this one. The animation is noticeably not quite as good, but here we have another "ecchi" anime that vies to take it's narrative/action elements seriously (this time about a group of hospital workers, & students from an affiliated high school, who moonlight as vigilantes during the night, "operating on the health of the city"), to be more than just T&A. Like the above, it never moved beyond it's first season though, which is a shame (at least I have the manga to fall back on).

@LtSarge, if you go back through the last several pages you'll probably see me posting about the Man in the High Castle as I just went through it over the summer myself. Really good show, though I'm not a big fan of some of the decisions in later seasons (though again, that's probably partly down to them being rushed, as has been mentioned).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jackpaza0508

So over the last 5 days, I've watched one Simpsons treehouse of horror episode per day. I'm gonna do this until the 31st as there's 31 of them on Disney plus. So far, TOH 5 is the best and TOH 2 is the worst. As I've heard, it all goes downhill from here. Wish me luck lmaooo

He/Him

colonelkilgore

I finished Westworld and on the whole really liked it. Don’t think any of the subsequent seasons ever quite lived up to the excellence of season 1 but they were always nothing less than interesting and entertaining.

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore Season 1 is one of the greatest single runs of TV (up there with "True Detective") that I've ever seen. I noped out after 4 episodes of Season 2.

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 yeah I don’t think you’re alone in falling off during season 2. I’d personally say that season 4 was the second best of the 4 seasons… but I may well be alone on that.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@LN78 well… I ‘suppose’ that they could (in the way that anything could be iterated upon with the sufficient will) but I’m 99.9999% sure it’s done.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@LN78 @colonelkilgore I also loved the first season and didn’t mind the second season but dropped off after one episode of season 3! Regardless of my feelings on how it went later on, that first season is just brilliant.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LN78

@colonelkilgore That's good to know. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a decently priced boxset, then.

LN78

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett yeah season 1 is absolutely top-drawer. We went back and re-watched all the previous seasons in the build up to season 4… and season 1 just improves with repeated viewings too.

@LN78 well, hopefully you’ll be pleasantly surprised if you do so 👍

**** DLC!

CJD87

Westworld Season 1 is probably one of my favorite seasons of television ever... up there with 'The Wire' (Season 4) / 'The Shield' (Season 5) / 'The Leftovers' (Season 2)

I'm a huge Jimmi Simpson fan also (Always Sunny...!) and think his performance throughout the show is pretty immaculate, nice to see him get his acting hooks into something meatier.

The whole concept of the park is fascinating, and the visuals are gorgeous. S2 delivered for me also, but I must confess I had to pretty much drag myself through S3.... it just didn't feel the same.

I might drop back in to S4 to wrap it up, but only once I'm finished with the magnificent Justified (halfway through S5, really enjoying)

CJD87

PegasusActual93

@CJD87
This thread seems to think season 4 of Westworld is the last one. While we haven't got confirmation of a renewal yet from HBO, the producers have made it clear if renewed Season 5 will be the last one and will end the story.

Edited on by PegasusActual93

colonelkilgore

@PegasusActual93 wow, a season 5 would really surprise me given season 4’s ending… I’d watch it though for sure. I’d always heard that Nolan had planned it as 5 seasons but after the mass audience drop off during season 3, that a little ‘re-tooling’ had to be done in order to finish the story in season 4. Just did a bit of googling after reading your post though and it does seem to be at the very least ‘up-in-the-air’.

@CJD87 you’ve mentioned some great seasons of TV there… Fargo season 2 is also personal fave of mine if you haven’t seen it. Also, I absolutely loved Justified… big Olyphant fan here!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

CJD87

@colonelkilgore Yeh Fargo S2 is pretty solid, albeit nothing could match Billy Bob Thornton from S1!

@PegasusActual93 Thanks man, as I've done S1-3 I suspect I'll likely come back to finish off the story

CJD87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic