Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 4,472

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Personally I don't think you or anyone has derailed another conversation, so I wouldn't worry in that regards. Boba Fett is a TV show and is the current hot topic, so I don't see a problem with discussing it here.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

Just watched the first episode of that Boba Fett show. Gotta say, not liking it so far. We'll see if it gets better, but I feel like it's going to lack the emotional core that made The Mandalorian work so well. The action also kind of sucks.

Also watched the first episode of Foundation on Apple TV+. This is, of course, an adaptation of the famous Isaac Asimov series. It sort of reminded me of my experience with the new Dune: it's slow, sort of dark (visually), and very into itself. I think I'm done with it.

I've been enjoying other shows, though. Dexter: New Blood did a great job of giving fans a more satisfying ending to the original series. Resident Alien is still a lot of fun, although without the dramatic core that made the first season so compelling (we'll see if that changes). The Conners is still the best sitcom on TV. And Cobra Kai is still a really engaging karate-themed soap opera.

Oh, and on the anime side, still really digging Demon Slayer.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

LtSarge

@Fragile If a topic gets large enough, then I think it's only fair for people to create a new thread dedicated for it. That's what you do on a forum, you create threads for different topics. The majority of the previous page was people discussing Star Wars. Wouldn't it be better then to create a thread specifically for Star Wars? Isn't that why we have threads for Marvel, Mass Effect, Resident Evil and so on. Or should we just create one single thread where we discuss video games? Because by your logic, you discuss video games in a "Video Game Thread". So there's no need for other threads.

I think people are blowing this out of proportion instead of being reasonable and creating a new thread because that's what you do on a forum where a lot of people are discussing a single subject. Not to mention that since my first post, more people have been discussing Star Wars. So instead of halting your discussions here, why not write to your heart's content in a separate thread? Because some people are acting like this is the last time they'll be discussing Star Wars here, which clearly isn't true because I'm sure more Star Wars shows will happen and a lot more people will join in on the conversations.

Usually, threads like this one is more used for topics that don't deserve their own threads. It doesn't make sense to create a thread for every TV show out there, but it makes sense to create a thread for Star Wars because it's a huge franchise, a lot of people here on the forums are passionate about it and have shown this by posting a lot of comments about it.

This will be my final post about this subject. I had hoped we could come to an understanding like civilised people because moving a topic from one thread to another isn't uncommon to do on a forum. But instead I've been met with hostility. If you guys don't want to create a new thread, then obviously I can't force you. But I won't be checking in on this thread anymore.

LtSarge

JohnnyShoulder

@Fragile I kinda get it as as there does need to be a good balance. But what next though, people are talking too much about Moon Knight in the Marvel thread I but want talk about a 3 year old episode of Daredevil instead. Can't you setup a separate Moon Knight thread?

Season 2 of The Witcher is so much better than the first season, with less of the confusing jumping back forth between the present and the past, and with a bit more focus on Geralt who gets more dialogue.

Started on Season 3 of After Life. Love this show and all of the different characters. If you don't like Ricky Gervais and the type of humour he brings, you most likely won't like this. His character starts off a complete git (and still is tbf) and his hard to like, but you grow to like him and appreciate he is the way he is cos he has lost his wife.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

colonelkilgore

Fragile wrote:

🤣 I mean, yeah. It's a TV show. This is the TV show thread. For discussions about TV shows. Maybe we should all hold hands, dance around an open fire and sing kumbaya before discussing what is and isn't acceptable in any given thread. Jeez. Hope I haven't upset anyone with my micro tirade, oh wait, I don't care...

*Blocked 😉

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets With regards the Jack Reacher movies, it's a similar story. I liked them as enjoyable action distractions, with Tom Cruise's performance being reliable as always, but wasn't blown away by them. My friends, on the other hand, appreciated some parts of the tone and story but felt that Mr. Cruise was wildly miscast, enough to pull them out of the moment. They said that, compared to the books, the movies felt like slightly grittier Mission: Impossible flicks. Your comment about the character's physical presence being an integral part of the whole thing is almost word-for-word what they told me (and sure, Tom Cruise sold a certain presence at times, but it's different).

I reckon I'm about to prove somebody's point for them, but the heck with it, here's a list of what I'd consider to be "essential" episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Episodes marked (Opt) aren't technically essential but, if you're passing and have the time to spare, I'd recommend them anyway. They either get referenced in Rebels or The Bad Batch (and I'm not sure if you're gonna continue on with those shows afterwards) or contain elements that are likely to come up again in future, given some of their potential. Up to you.

Oh, and everybody should start with the movie. It's not amazing but, if you can endure it, you can continue safe in the knowledge that things only get better.

Season One
1x01: "Ambush"
1x05: "Rookies"
1x09: "Cloak of Darkness"
1x19: "Storm Over Ryloth"
1x20: "Innocents of Ryloth"
1x21: "Liberty on Ryloth"
1x22: "Hostage Crisis"

Season Two
2x01: "Holocron Heist"
2x02: "Cargo of Doom"
2x03: "Children of the Force"
2x05: "Landing at Point Rain" (Opt)
2x06: "Weapons Factory" (Opt)
2x07: "Legacy of Terror" (Opt)
2x08: "Brain Invaders" (Opt)
2x10: "The Deserter"
2x12: "The Mandalore Plot"
2x13: "Voyage of Temptation"
2x14: "Duchess of Mandalore"
2x18: "The Zillo Beast" (Opt)
2x19: "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back" (Opt)
2x20: "Death Trap"
2x21: "R2 Come Home"
2x22: "Lethal Trackdown"

Season Three
3x01: "Clone Cadets"
3x02: "ARC Troopers"
3x05: "Corruption"
3x06: "The Academy"
3x07: "Assassin"
3x10: "Heroes on Both Sides"
3x12: "Nightsisters"
3x13: "Monster"
3x14: "Witches of the Mist"
3x15: "Overlords" (Opt)
3x16: "Altar of Mortis" (Opt)
3x17: "Ghosts of Mortis" (Opt)
3x18: "The Citadel"
3x19: "Counterattack"
3x20: "Citadel Rescue"
3x21: "Padawan Lost"
3x22: "Wookiee Hunt"

Season Four
4x07: "Darkness on Umbara"
4x08: "The General"
4x09: "Plan of Dissent"
4x10: "Carnage of Krell"
4x14: "A Friend in Need"
4x15: "Deception" (Opt)
4x16: "Friends and Enemies" (Opt)
4x17: "The Box" (Opt)
4x18: "Crisis on Naboo" (Opt)
4x19: "Massacre"
4x20: "Bounty"
4x21: "Brothers"
4x22: "Revenge"

Season Five
5x01: "Revival"
5x02: "A War on Two Fronts" (Opt)
5x03: "Front Runners" (Opt)
5x04: "The Soft War" (Opt)
5x05: "Tipping Points" (Opt)
5x06: "The Gathering"
5x07: "A Test of Strength"
5x08: "Bound for Rescue"
5x09: "A Necessary Bond"
5x14: "Eminence"
5x15: "Shades of Reason"
5x16: "The Lawless"
5x17: "Sabotage"
5x18: "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
5x19: "To Catch a Jedi"
5x20: "The Wrong Jedi"

Season Six
6x01: "The Unknown"
6x02: "Conspiracy"
6x03: "Fugitive"
6x04: "Orders"
6x10: "The Lost One"
6x11: "Voices" (Opt)
6x12: "Destiny" (Opt)
6x13: "Sacrifice" (Opt)

Season Seven
Just watch all twelve episodes. There are a couple of slow ones in the middle, but overall the entire season is some of the best Star Wars ever created, and the last four are perfection.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Just wanted to add personal thanks for your direct reply yesterday. I'm sorry to see how this page has panned out, but I was (and am) grateful for your reassurance.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

No worries @RogerRoger. I don't think you or anyone has done anything in particular that bad, and will probably will be swept under the carpet shortly.

It is not something I've got much interest in at the moment, but I've enjoyed reading everyone's musings on Bobba Fett.

BearsEatBeets

Thanks @RogerRoger, I got an email notification for your reply too so I have the list in a safe and easy to find place. Although it seems more like a what to skip than what to what watch list 😉. I can't say when I'll get into it but I'll let you my thoughts when I do. Thanks again, it's much appreciated.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Your somewhat small list of what Clone Wars episodes to watch in season 1 probably explains a lot about why I couldn’t get past season 1 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Thanks, bud. I’m another one who never made it very far and I’ve saved your list too for use the next time I get time and interest to devote to the series.

I’ve not even watched the Book of Boba show yet. I’ve been spending any extra TV time watching the Olympics and sports, and then finished the Hawkeye series not long ago. I’m having trouble getting the momentum to start (or even finish some which are already started) any other series.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

RogerRoger wrote:

@BearsEatBeets With regards the Jack Reacher movies, it's a similar story. I liked them as enjoyable action distractions, with Tom Cruise's performance being reliable as always, but wasn't blown away by them. My friends, on the other hand, appreciated some parts of the tone and story but felt that Mr. Cruise was wildly miscast, enough to pull them out of the moment. They said that, compared to the books, the movies felt like slightly grittier Mission: Impossible flicks. Your comment about the character's physical presence being an integral part of the whole thing is almost word-for-word what they told me (and sure, Tom Cruise sold a certain presence at times, but it's different).

I reckon I'm about to prove somebody's point for them, but the heck with it, here's a list of what I'd consider to be "essential" episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Episodes marked (Opt) aren't technically essential but, if you're passing and have the time to spare, I'd recommend them anyway. They either get referenced in Rebels or The Bad Batch (and I'm not sure if you're gonna continue on with those shows afterwards) or contain elements that are likely to come up again in future, given some of their potential. Up to you.

Oh, and everybody should start with the movie. It's not amazing but, if you can endure it, you can continue safe in the knowledge that things only get better.

Season One
1x01: "Ambush"
1x05: "Rookies"
1x09: "Cloak of Darkness"
1x19: "Storm Over Ryloth"
1x20: "Innocents of Ryloth"
1x21: "Liberty on Ryloth"
1x22: "Hostage Crisis"

Season Two
2x01: "Holocron Heist"
2x02: "Cargo of Doom"
2x03: "Children of the Force"
2x05: "Landing at Point Rain" (Opt)
2x06: "Weapons Factory" (Opt)
2x07: "Legacy of Terror" (Opt)
2x08: "Brain Invaders" (Opt)
2x10: "The Deserter"
2x12: "The Mandalore Plot"
2x13: "Voyage of Temptation"
2x14: "Duchess of Mandalore"
2x18: "The Zillo Beast" (Opt)
2x19: "The Zillo Beast Strikes Back" (Opt)
2x20: "Death Trap"
2x21: "R2 Come Home"
2x22: "Lethal Trackdown"

Season Three
3x01: "Clone Cadets"
3x02: "ARC Troopers"
3x05: "Corruption"
3x06: "The Academy"
3x07: "Assassin"
3x10: "Heroes on Both Sides"
3x12: "Nightsisters"
3x13: "Monster"
3x14: "Witches of the Mist"
3x15: "Overlords" (Opt)
3x16: "Altar of Mortis" (Opt)
3x17: "Ghosts of Mortis" (Opt)
3x18: "The Citadel"
3x19: "Counterattack"
3x20: "Citadel Rescue"
3x21: "Padawan Lost"
3x22: "Wookiee Hunt"

Season Four
4x07: "Darkness on Umbara"
4x08: "The General"
4x09: "Plan of Dissent"
4x10: "Carnage of Krell"
4x14: "A Friend in Need"
4x15: "Deception" (Opt)
4x16: "Friends and Enemies" (Opt)
4x17: "The Box" (Opt)
4x18: "Crisis on Naboo" (Opt)
4x19: "Massacre"
4x20: "Bounty"
4x21: "Brothers"
4x22: "Revenge"

Season Five
5x01: "Revival"
5x02: "A War on Two Fronts" (Opt)
5x03: "Front Runners" (Opt)
5x04: "The Soft War" (Opt)
5x05: "Tipping Points" (Opt)
5x06: "The Gathering"
5x07: "A Test of Strength"
5x08: "Bound for Rescue"
5x09: "A Necessary Bond"
5x14: "Eminence"
5x15: "Shades of Reason"
5x16: "The Lawless"
5x17: "Sabotage"
5x18: "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
5x19: "To Catch a Jedi"
5x20: "The Wrong Jedi"

Season Six
6x01: "The Unknown"
6x02: "Conspiracy"
6x03: "Fugitive"
6x04: "Orders"
6x10: "The Lost One"
6x11: "Voices" (Opt)
6x12: "Destiny" (Opt)
6x13: "Sacrifice" (Opt)

Season Seven
Just watch all twelve episodes. There are a couple of slow ones in the middle, but overall the entire season is some of the best Star Wars ever created, and the last four are perfection.

Me 3 Rog… I’ve had a couple of bites at the season 1 cherry over the years. This roadmap is probably the kick up the proverbial I needed to give it another go and the direction that I need should I hit any walls 👍

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Welp, that is the Star Wars quota done for this page. We have to wait until page 152 to mention the SW words again.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder nah it’s fine, I’m already blocked… so as far as a special someone is concerned my mention can be stricken from the records 😁

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets @Keith_Zissou @Th3solution @colonelkilgore

Untitled

@nessisonett Yeah, I love Season One but it's undeniably got more of a Saturday morning cartoon vibe than the rest of the show. Those three Ryloth episodes towards the end are the strongest sign of the show's potential, taking us through an entire planetary campaign from start to finish.

The most important thing about The Clone Wars is that, kinda like the prequels, it's constantly trying to evolve and mature. The scripts get better, the characters become more complex, the animation improves and the performances are refined with each passing episode, to the point where it's really jarring for me to go back and watch some of those early seasons!

@Th3solution Hey, I know the feeling. It sounds contradictory but sometimes, when there's so much vying for our attention, we can't get around to any of it. I've got watchlists on two streaming services that'd keep me busy all year, but I often go weeks without touching 'em, and there are days where you just couldn't pay me to sit down and start something. Same goes for my gaming backlog, as well. At least with the Disney+ Originals, you know that they're not gonna be taken down whilst you're not looking, so they'll still be there when you're ready. I hope you enjoy Boba Fett when the time is right!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I also like how the Disney+ series have a relatively small time commitment (outside of Clone Wars). When I look at trying to watch The Sopranos, or Arrow, or The Walking Dead it’s just like so much of a devotion of one’s life to make it through them. I fear that I would get obsessed with one of these series and it would take over all my time and away from gaming or other ventures. At least that’s what I keep telling myself…

I wonder what our ancestors, who spent 90% of their waking hours working in the fields trying procure food, would think of today’s lifestyle. What a foreign concept it would surely be that I would devote any thought whatsoever into debating which of the hundreds of TV shows I’ll watch in my free time. In a simpler time, when the sun goes down, you sit on the porch for a little while until you just go off to bed until sunrise when you can start working again 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I tell myself the same thing! So much of my aforementioned watchlists are these long legacy shows that I've "always wanted to watch" but now fear I've left too late, thanks to that rabbit hole concern and wanting to keep current with new releases. On average, I seem to be able to tackle a big, seven-season show once a year or so, but the windows keep getting smaller.

Yeah, you're right. Ignorance is bliss.

But hey, real life isn't mastered in 4K with Dolby Atmos, so who're the real mugs, eh?!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

Anyone seen the Lord of Rings: The Rings of Power latest trailer doing the rounds? I think it looks quite promising. Coming out in September.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Th3solution

@BearsEatBeets I saw that and I was really excited by it. Looks phenomenal and oozes with production value.

Voltan

A The Hollywood Reporter interview with HBO's content person unfortunately confirms The Last Of Us will not be airing this year.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic