Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 4,400

NedStarksGhost

Another amazing episode of Mando... I mean Boba Fett!

Hard to believe some of the stuff I'm watching and seeing. Cad Bane being the stranger from the desert was something I really, really didn't expect. I'm so happy we have got him in live action. He was amazing, same voice actor and all, thank you Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni! That was by far the highlight of the episode.

Some other great moments though. Can't see too many complaints coming from Star Wars fans over that episode.

NedStarksGhost

MightyDemon82

@Iver same here, just started the second season of Dota, never heard of the game it's adapted from. Blood of Zeus was fantastic, can't wait for that to return.

MightyDemon82

Tasuki

@Th3solution Since I got HBO Max I haven't really touched any other streaming service. I think watching Vox Machia on Amazon Prime a few days ago is the first time I touched another streaming service in months. I am quite pleased with HBO Max.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

@NedStarksGhost It's quite remarkable how, in an episode already packed with so many beautiful moments and appearances, Cad Bane managed to steal the show. As soon as Cob Vanth looked up and we saw that first hazy shot of his silhouette, my jaw dropped. I knew exactly who it was (as Ahsoka once said, "Who else wears a hat like that?!") and yet I'm still pinching myself. It's criminal that we've only got one episode left, but I think we're beyond separate shows now. This story is gonna continue across everything to come, so we won't have long to wait. I also have a feeling that this entire first season has been set-up for something huge, and that we're gonna get one heck of a cliffhanger on Wednesday.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

NedStarksGhost

@RogerRoger yep agreed. What this season has shown is basically the stories continue across the different shows, you just may have a sway in the main character focus.

I've been thinking about the episode all day. I just find it surreal what we are seeing, the content we are getting and the quality of it. Even though some is fan service, it's done so well and authentically that it comes together to make something truly memorable. I really couldn't be happier at the moment!

NedStarksGhost

RogerRoger

@NedStarksGhost Absolutely with you there, yeah. I've seen some vocal disappointment that Boba Fett has been largely absent for two whole episodes of his own show, but I just think that guarantees he'll be a substantial part of The Mandalorian going forward, or that we'll be checking in with The Book of Boba Fett on a regular basis, between every other show. This can't be the whole journey. It's just a small step along a path that's longer than we ever imagined. The potential is limitless.

I feel sorry for my avatar. I thought it'd last me forever but, if I can find a decent GIF of that character's entrance, well... instead of "Like a bantha!" it'll be "Like a badass!"

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

NedStarksGhost

@RogerRoger yep for sure

And if it means anything, I will 100% support you changing your Avatar to that, because it just has to be done!

NedStarksGhost

RogerRoger

@NedStarksGhost [tips hat] Much obliged, pardn'r.

Making It So Since 1987

robhr

Okay I’m taking back what I said about The Leftovers, it probably isn’t written by puritans.

robhr

RogerRoger

@Keith_Zissou Gonna reply to you over here, so that we're not cluttering up the trophy topic... but yeah, whilst I wouldn't call myself a "fan" of Twin Peaks per se (don't have Double R Diner bedsheets or anything) I do adore the show. Watched the whole thing with my partner in preparation for its revival, and then we thoroughly enjoyed that, too. It's bonkers to a rage-inducing degree, but I feel like that's kinda the whole point, because some of its more traditional, straightforward soap opera stuff has blended together in my head since, but I'll always remember watching somebody sweep a floor for six minutes!

Sounds like you return to it semi-regularly, and might agree with me, given how you note that you've watched the first season more often than the rest of it...?

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Binging Toast of London. Bonkers but fantastic. It’s not often a surrealist sitcom actually works.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

sorteddan

@nessisonett
Hello Stephen, this is Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

@Sorteddan Yes, I can hear you Clem Fandango 😂

Voltan

Soooo... The Book Of Boba Fett was mostly ok but they shoud've recast the main role, because this actor is pretty bad

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Keith_Zissou Heh, I might've given my partner the same mug, along with the Twin Peaks cookbook (and yet I'm still waiting for my damn fine cherry pie)!

It's great that the recommendation landed for you, and that you enjoy it so much. You're right about the show's unique nature and yeah, whilst I see plenty of shows (as well as movies and games) claim to capture the same style and atmosphere, none of them ever get close enough. I think that's why its revival was as utterly bonkers as it was, and as brave as it was, because it had to be.

And same! Whenever they started talking about coffee, I was all, "Yep, I get this!"

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Indoorhero Am gonna reply to you over here, in the appropriate topic, but thanks for asking! I absolutely loved it and sure, the season might not've been what I'd have done with the character, but I was still immensely satisfied with what we got. What about you? What was your favourite episode, and favourite moment from the show overall? Or was it all just too good?!

@Voltan He's kinda the only character they can't recast, given everything!

Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@RogerRoger Thing is, if they haven't cast him in that brief Mandalorian appearance only to make a fan-service reference to Episode 2, they could've gone with anyone for this one
He's just not good enough for a lead role, IMO - drags the whole thing down a bunch.

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Voltan Well, that's fair enough, but I think any lack of leading presence (which I never detected myself, but then I'm a prequel apologist, so...) is excusable when you consider Disney's current position with diehard fans, and how everybody's desperate not to rock the boat. If they'd recast the one character who absolutely had to look like Temuera Morrison, then there would've been outcry on a similar scale to The Last Jedi, and Disney can't afford to risk that again. Like I say, I think Mr. Morrison is Boba Fett, so I was more than happy with his work, but I do understand where you're coming from.

They could've kept his helmet on the entire time and had Dee Bradley Baker voice him. I would've been okay with that, but that might've made the show too similar to The Mandalorian.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Futurama coming back but potentially without John DiMaggio is a real monkey’s paw moment. Although personally it ended in such a fantastic place that I’m not sure it really needs to come back.

RogerRoger

@Indoorhero Wholeheartedly agree; the second episode was my favourite, too. It was totally unlike anything we've seen in Star Wars before, and yet it fit perfectly. I loved its whole tone and style and, all by itself, more than justified the entire endeavour. The fact that I enjoyed the other six episodes was just icing on the cake (although you're right, Bane's entrance gave it a run for its money... hmm, something tells me you and I are gonna get along just fine around here)!

Also curious to see what @NedStarksGhost made of the finale, and the season as a whole?

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic