Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 3,471

JudgeDredd

Finally finished Cowboy Bebop (1998)

Easily places itself among my favourites list. Special mention to the perfect music.

JudgeDredd

Tasuki

Started Boba Fett on Disney+ the other day and just like Mandolorian I am really enjoying it. I like how they included flashback sequences so we see how he becomes who he is.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

NedStarksGhost

@RogerRoger what did you make of this week's episode of Boba Fett? I'll be honest I felt quite disappointed after what we both agreed was a stellar episode last week.

Without using spoilers, certain aspects felt so out of place and a certain event looked really bad (I'm sure you know the bits I mean).

NedStarksGhost

RogerRoger

@NedStarksGhost Thanks for asking, and sorry you were a bit disappointed by it. I wasn't, but I also wasn't blown away; it was just a stepping stone, introducing elements that'll be much better in weeks to come. Robert Rodriguez's episodes always tend to be a bit blunt and "matter-of-fact" (he directed the first episode, too, as well as the episode of The Mandalorian in which Boba reclaims his armour) and lack any kind of emotional weight, but they're cheesy fun and work well as intermediary set-up adventures.

It's a shame that, after last week's episode, the slaughter of the Tusken tribe was almost brushed over as a bulletpoint, with its resonance immediately shattered by the sudden fight with Krrsantan. And yeah, I think you're referring to the biker gang and their retro scooters? And the speeder chase which felt really, really slow? I liked 'em enough, but they're certainly one of the show's weirder choices.

Still, mega bonus points for Danny Trejo bringing Boba a new rancor!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

NedStarksGhost

@RogerRoger to be honest I think your opening sentence sums up my actual feelings on it. I enjoyed it because, star wars, but storytelling wise it was just about okay. I can definitely see things really ramping up now

I was extremely disappointed to see the Tuskens killed. Thought Boba having a bond with them was going to be a big part of this story and I loved it, such a shame about that! Yeah that's what I was referring too, the chase scene, thought all of it looked out of place but not in a good way. But every show has its hiccups

Danny Trejo being in the show though was just amazing to be fair! Get some more Rancor development along with TBB!

Side note; your new avatar is immense, love it!

NedStarksGhost

nessisonett

It’s fair to say I’ve been enjoying Tom Baker’s run on Doctor Who 😂
Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@NedStarksGhost From the beginning, I've felt that the entire show will be one that's remembered fondly as a whole, and that the week-by-week experience of viewing it "live" would have the potential to be patchy. Only four episodes to go, but I have a feeling most of its best content will be towards the end (and hey, if nothing else, that second episode will go down in history as a unanimous victory regardless).

There's always a chance for more flashbacks, given the non-linear nature of the show. We also saw the Tusken Chief's body and the kid's makeshift gaffi stick, but we didn't see anything connected to that badass Tusken Warrior who trained Boba and helped him stop the train. I'm hoping they survived somehow, and will pop back up later, maybe joining Boba's army in the coming gang war? I kinda wanted that wookiee to stick around, as well; perhaps they'll come back and team up, too.

And yes, I kept leaning forward expecting Danny Trejo to say "people used to call her Muchi" but I kinda like that they're an entirely new rancor, unless they're saving that reveal for later!

Thanks! Saw it and couldn't resist. "Like a bantha!!"

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Sweet, nice addition! Keep seeing those collections; gorgeous artwork, and don't they have remastered special effects in some episodes, too?

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Yep, the reason I plumped for this season was because it has the remaster of Shada, the unfinished story written by Douglas Adams. I think a couple others have new special effects too, and the scenes I’ve seen from YouTube makes them look really natural. Nothing like the dodgy Star Wars touch-ups that look a bit out of place! I’ve almost finished season 16 now, which has been surprisingly fantastic since it didn’t have that great a reputation. It was the first time they tried a serialised story so with Flux last month, it was being talked about a lot.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yeah, I've seen a side-by-side on YouTube (think it was from one of the old Pertwee episodes, as I'd been watching some clips) and the new effects reminded me of when they converted Star Trek: The Original Series to HD, and made sure everything was kept respectful. And that's interesting; often the reaction to a trailblazer is harsh at first, and then its reputation steadily improves over time, so it's good to see folks re-evaluate. I'm real glad the older episodes have been holding up for you!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I feel like Season 16 in particular you’d really enjoy. If you were ever wanting to catch a Tom Baker story, I’d recommend The Ribos Operation over most of the stone cold classics as it might not be as serious as Genesis of the Daleks or Pyramids of Mars but it’s just very well written fun!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Thanks for the tip! Particularly since I've never heard of that particular story before, but I've certainly heard of the other two, so might've missed it. Cheers!

Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Just finished watching Lost in Space season 3 on Netflix. I honestly felt like it was a slog in the beginning but after a while it became more enjoyable to watch and the ending was great. Apparently this was the final season of the show and I'm glad that it ended on a high note. I remember watching season 1 when it came out and thinking it was so interesting because the series as a whole has the vibes of an 80s Spielberg movie. Lots of great actors as well, such as the one who played the protagonist in Black Sails and another who starred in House of Cards. All in all, great season and an absolutely outstanding show.

LtSarge

nessisonett

Found Peacemaker since it’s not on in the UK. It’s frankly unwatchable. I wasn’t that big on The Suicide Squad but bloody hell, James Gunn’s sense of ‘adult’ humour is the most laughably childish thing in the world. It’s one crap ‘crass’ joke after another. The plot of Peacemaker is farts and willies. That’s all it is. Farts and willies.

AgentCooper

@nessisonett Crikey! Thanks for the heads up, his S Sq was marginally bettter I suppose but damn his humour never really lands for me. A snigger here and there at most.

I'll see you again in 25 years.

PSN: Bundersvessel

JudgeDredd

@nessisonett I just watched the opening credits scene and while I'm certain getting to know the characters adds dimension it left me with an expression like this 😬 so probably best avoided for me too. The eagle adjusting itself at the very end, presumably focused on hitting its mark, was pretty cool though.

JudgeDredd

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett That makes me far more interested in it! 😂

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

I finished watching Only Murders In The Building earlier today, and absolutely loved it. A stellar cast, wonderful off-beat comedic tone and twists aplenty, although it could do with a smidge less swearing, as it comes across as kinda immature in that regard.

That one issue aside, I could've easily kept watching for ten more episodes, and am delighted to see it's gonna get a second season. I also really appreciated its dialogue-free instalment which focused on a deaf suspect and told a major part of the ongoing story via lip-reading, ASL and text message conversations. Thought it was a real classy thing to do, and it worked brilliantly.

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

I'll be honest, looking at the series so far as a whole, I was undecided on The Book of Boba Fett until this week's episode. But that was excellent.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

NedStarksGhost

@RogerRoger thoughts on today's episode? Personally really enjoyed it and I'm very, very excited for next week!

@Gremio108 I get what you mean, last week was a big stumble for me. But this week was a great episode and sets up next week and the rest of the series very well. Any worries I had have truly been removed!

Edited on by NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic