Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 2,861 to 2,880 of 4,460

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Thanks for the tip! Particularly since I've never heard of that particular story before, but I've certainly heard of the other two, so might've missed it. Cheers!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Just finished watching Lost in Space season 3 on Netflix. I honestly felt like it was a slog in the beginning but after a while it became more enjoyable to watch and the ending was great. Apparently this was the final season of the show and I'm glad that it ended on a high note. I remember watching season 1 when it came out and thinking it was so interesting because the series as a whole has the vibes of an 80s Spielberg movie. Lots of great actors as well, such as the one who played the protagonist in Black Sails and another who starred in House of Cards. All in all, great season and an absolutely outstanding show.

LtSarge

nessisonett

Found Peacemaker since it’s not on in the UK. It’s frankly unwatchable. I wasn’t that big on The Suicide Squad but bloody hell, James Gunn’s sense of ‘adult’ humour is the most laughably childish thing in the world. It’s one crap ‘crass’ joke after another. The plot of Peacemaker is farts and willies. That’s all it is. Farts and willies.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett That makes me far more interested in it! 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

I finished watching Only Murders In The Building earlier today, and absolutely loved it. A stellar cast, wonderful off-beat comedic tone and twists aplenty, although it could do with a smidge less swearing, as it comes across as kinda immature in that regard.

That one issue aside, I could've easily kept watching for ten more episodes, and am delighted to see it's gonna get a second season. I also really appreciated its dialogue-free instalment which focused on a deaf suspect and told a major part of the ongoing story via lip-reading, ASL and text message conversations. Thought it was a real classy thing to do, and it worked brilliantly.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

I'll be honest, looking at the series so far as a whole, I was undecided on The Book of Boba Fett until this week's episode. But that was excellent.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

NedStarksGhost

@RogerRoger thoughts on today's episode? Personally really enjoyed it and I'm very, very excited for next week!

@Gremio108 I get what you mean, last week was a big stumble for me. But this week was a great episode and sets up next week and the rest of the series very well. Any worries I had have truly been removed!

Edited on by NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

RogerRoger

@NedStarksGhost I loved it on paper, but was a teensy bit disappointed with the execution. I felt it kinda fizzled out, and also thought that, outside of his slapstick kitchen chase with that adorable little droid, Temuera Morrison didn't seem as engaged as he usually is. Ming-Na Wen was outstanding, though. Maybe I'm just being overly-critical and picky for some reason!

That being said, the whole sarlacc trying to eat Slave 1 sequence was very impressive, and will go down in history as one of the show's highlights, for sure!

Am real glad you and @Gremio108 enjoyed it and yes, here's to next week! Only three more episodes!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Finished Witcher season 2 on Netflix. A big improvement on the first season actually, a more coherent story and some great episodes in there. Just needs to not get bogged down in exposition going forwards.

RogerRoger

@Keith_Zissou Yeah, I agree. Don't get me wrong, I still love the show, and would be happy to see more from Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen every week for all eternity, but I'm really hoping that it's all been building up to something spectacular, and that the final few episodes are suitably epic.

Making It So Since 1987

NedStarksGhost

@Keith_Zissou @RogerRoger I have a feeling it will be one of them shows where, after the final episode or two, we will look back on the rest of the season with much higher praise. The slow pace and arguably dull parts will, hopefully, all make sense in a big pay off.

NedStarksGhost

RogerRoger

@NedStarksGhost Well said, buddy. Here's hoping! I'm also never changing this avatar again so, whatever happens, at least it's given us all that.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Just binged The Puppet Master: Hunting the Ultimate Conman on Netflix. Was really good and thought provoking. There are some scary people out there!

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@Voltan Does anybody actually like the Rabbids? I’ve yet to find a single person who doesn’t find them massively irritating.

Voltan

@nessisonett Tbh my experience with Rabbids is limited to seeing a few short trailers and I don't think I know anyone who played the games
I'm willing to check out the Netflix show though - worst case scenario I'll waste however-long-an-episode-is of my time

Cuphead Show is looking good though!

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

RogerRoger

There are so many things I could say about today's The Book of Boba Fett episode, but my overwhelming reaction is one I never expected.

After so many years of being treated like a second-class fan by Disney, it's immeasurably gratifying to see the prequel trilogy, and particularly Episode I: The Phantom Menace, being treated with the respect it's always deserved. I can imagine some purists and intransigent JJ Abrams types rolling their eyes at the entire second half of the episode, but nuts to 'em. I was there for every single second of it, and felt like an eleven-year-old kid again as the nods, references and visual cues kept coming.

The fact that some of these choices are gonna have a lasting impact on the Star Wars multiverse is dazzling but, regardless of that, it was just a special kind of joy to get a virtual fist-bump for once. To echo one of the galaxy's most badass characters, it felt wizard.

And, also speaking as a gamer, the reference to Jedi: Fallen Order was adorable!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic