Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 4,400

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I recently ran through The Americans and at times, I was genuinely shocked to quit out of an episode and remember that I was on Disney+ because it's so freakin' mature. If I were a parent with young kids, I think I'd be double-checking all the age restrictions every thirty seconds!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Until they fix 4K on the Disney+ app on PS5, it's a no go for me.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Saturday Night Live UK is going to be the worst show of all time.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Thrillho Honestly, the Never Mind the Buzzcocks reboot was brilliant but that’s mostly because of the panel they had and an obviously winning format. The rest have all been pretty garbage.

Thrillho

@nessisonett You’re the first person I’ve heard say that, mostly because most people can’t stand Daisy May Cooper.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho I didn’t realise people weren’t big on her. Hadn’t really seen her on anything before but thought she was really funny. Beats having the same 2 faces on every panel show.

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho @nessisonett Currently living in Swindon, I officially love Daisy May Cooper.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

HallowMoonshadow

Arcane: League Of Legends

After the first episode I was like "Okay this is pretty decent... I don't quite get the rave reviews about it though"

Got to the credits of episode 3 though and I was like "Oh. Oooooh"

I've watched five episodes now and gotta say the 3D animation IS pretty dang good with a nice art style as well (I do quite like the 2D flourishes at times like smoke or such.)

Noticed Yuri Lowenthal was in there as Mylo & I thought J.B Blanc (Ryotaro Dojima in P4 or Rost in Horizon) did a terrific job as Vander & Hailee Steinfeld as Vi/Violet is pretty spectacular too. Honestly the voice cast is pretty much on point.

I liked Powder but I'm a little unsure how I feel about "Jinx" at the moment though.

And yes the storytelling is pretty good in it as well and the characters are rather well developed.

I'd definitely recommend people giving it a look

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I definitely need to check that out. The trailers look really good.

I’ve been gradually watching Castlevania and have found it pretty good. I’ve at the beginning of Season 3 and the series has been ‘hit-or-miss’, but mostly ‘hit’. Sometimes the animation looks fantastic and sometimes it looks ‘Saturday morning cartoon’ quality. Mostly it’s quite good though. The narrative is also mostly good but once Dracula was killed, it’s become less interesting. I’m not discounting that he will make some kind of miraculous return in order to keep the story going

There has been some decent quality video game related shows of late, whether animated or live-action.

Another show I was looking at this weekend was Cowboy Bebop. Anyone watched that yet and if so how is it? I’ve never watched the anime.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution I was really really trying to be optimistic about Cowboy Bebop because the sort of people that were bashing it before it came out were doing it for reasons that I felt slightly uncomfortable about. But it’s unfortunately pants. Absolute pants. Perhaps you’d get something out of it if you haven’t seen the anime?

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @nessisonett Cowboy Bebop has been cancelled now too.

hypnotoad

Dunno if it's been mentioned previously but Succession.
Second only to The Sopranos as one of the greatest.

hypnotoad

nessisonett

@hypnotoad Yep, did you see the finale on Monday?

nessisonett

@hypnotoad It was quite the twist at the end too. One of the few TV shows I’m glued to whenever it’s on, none of that browsing my phone!

hypnotoad

nessisonett wrote:

@hypnotoad It was quite the twist at the end too. One of the few TV shows I’m glued to whenever it’s on, none of that browsing my phone!

Can't wait for season 4 mate.

hypnotoad

Voltan

I keep hearing good things (and only good things, really) about Succession.

Voltan

hypnotoad

Voltan wrote:

I keep hearing good things (and only good things, really) about Succession.

It is 2nd only to The Sopranos.

hypnotoad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic