Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 1,804

JohnnyShoulder

Toby Kebbel is in the new M Night Shyamalan series on Apple TV+ 'Servant'. Fingers crossed the stars are aligned on this one.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Of course he’s doing a Shyamalan. Let’s be honest, other than The Sixth Sense, he’s the Toby Kebbell of directors.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

Th3solution

Wow, Mandalorian episode 4 was fabulous, I thought. Best one so far this season, imo.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

nessisonett

That’s me finished yet another season in the Arrowverse, seasons 5, 4, 2 and 2 of Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow respectively. It was an interesting one, Legends has definitely continued to bring it, with some great episodes and a sort of ‘second chance’ for old villains that worked really well. Supergirl was a whole lot better with the move to Canadian production, with it feeling more cohesive despite the unfortunate loss of 3 cast members. Mon-El was a great addition to the cast especially. The Flash kinda went for the doom and gloom angle that Arrow’s known for and it didn’t quite stick the landing but the cast are a joy to watch and always have been, especially Tom Felton/Malfoy who was a fantastic guest star over the course of the season. Arrow struggled at the beginning as there’s a whole new team around him so they had to work in a new dynamic but it really outdid itself with possibly the best season finale since Season 2. The baddie was really great to watch as well. My overall impressions of the next seasons of each show are pretty mixed but I’m only a couple of episodes in so it will probably change. All I’ll say is that I hope Elongated Man changes for the better because he’s an absolute d**k-wad so far and I’m not a huge fan of his weird Jim Carrey impression style of acting 😂😂

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution It was good, wasn't it? Another shorter action packed ep. Did you see who directed it? Not bad for a newbie!

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I didn’t notice the credits. But yeah, this is probably the first time it felt like I was watching one of the actual original movies again. The action scenes were spectacular, yet they didn’t feel hollow like some of the episodes have been, as far as pushing the narrative. We finally get a few answers to what the big deal is about The Child. Although it teases the use of his blood for experimentation, we have yet to see exactly how that will play out. (The fact they mention using his blood makes me wonder if we may see ‘midachlorians’ mentioned again or if they’ll steer clear of that controversial piece of lore) The character chemistry is the other part that really seemed better this episode and I finally got the ‘buddy’ vibe like Han, Luke and Leia a little bit with how the protagonist group interacted, yet it didn’t feel too forced, as it can often do when you have these team-up situations. Anyway, overall just great, imo.

Was the director someone I should know?

Edited on by Th3solution

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Glad you enjoyed this week's Mando. When that scientist guy was recording his hologram report about the Child's blood, he mentioned its "M-Count" which is as direct as I think they're gonna be regarding midichlorians; if that's how they wanna deal with it, without actually saying the meme-triggering word itself, then that's fair enough.

@JohnnyShoulder He did very well as director, yes. I always like it when cast members are given a chance to direct their own shows, as they tend to care a little more about the finished product. They have a little more invested in it, after all.

What are your theories on the test subjects in the tanks, guys? Any gut reactions?

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I'm surprised you have only just felt the show is like watching the original films, as that is what drew me into the first series.

@RogerRoger I have no idea! Most of of what you guys have said has gone straight over my head though. I've not watched my usual recap on YouTube which usually spells things out for me.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder No worries! They could be taking it in any number of directions, and I've got three solid possibilities in my head, so I'm just happy to wait and see!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Ah, I must have missed that statement while I was watching it. Can’t believe I didn’t catch on there! 😄

As for theories, my first inclination was super-soldier type troopers that are being created. But I don’t know. Maybe some kind of enhanced Sith clone? What do you think? Not having watched all the animated shows that they appear to be drawing from, perhaps there’s more tie-in’s to those that I don’t know about.

————————

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, the show’s vibe has always been like the original trilogy, but it just never quite reached a cinematic feel as far as having a larger plot. The way Mando in the Razor Crest swoops in the save the party who are about to succumb to the tailing tie-fighters just felt so much like what was done with Han saving Luke in A New Hope. Then when the blue creature guy is going out on the platform over the lava I just saw Obi-Wan at the Death Star in my head. 😄 I don’t know.. For whatever reason it seemed to click with me this week.

————————

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Me? I've got no idea... well, I've got three ideas, but none of them are a lock. In all honesty, as a fan of the wider franchise, I quite like not knowing (because yeah, I became a bit of a gibbering fanboy last week; don't worry, I won't be that guy after every episode).

Like you, I reckon they could be some form of Force-sensitive Clone Trooper, bred by Gideon and the Imperial remnants in an effort to retake the galaxy. My other two theories are tied to the sequel trilogy, which Mando is leading towards; either these are early attempts at creating Snoke, or they're some of the clone bodies used by Palpatine to cheat death. There's nothing immediately clear from the animated shows which gives anything away, not off the top of my head, anyway. There was a key bit of music played during their reveal which might reinforce that third and final name-drop, but it's no guarantee; they just might've picked "ominous" from the sample archives!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Those are some interesting theories! I quite like them.

————————

RogerRoger

[watches this week's episode of The Mandalorian]

[watches this week's episode of The Mandalorian again]

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

I've just renewed my Disney + so I'll be looking to catch up with Mando over the next few days.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

So that’s Hailee Steinfeld definitely playing Kate Bishop on Disney+ then. They also have Lucky the dog so it’s looking very similar to Fraction and Aja’s award winning run on the comics!

ralphdibny

@nessisonett I think hailee steinfeld would be a good Kate bishop, she was good enough in bumblebee I thought!

I missed your thoughts on arrowverse a week or so ago, should've tagged me! Have you progressed much since then? I think you hit the nail on the head with the doom and gloom in the flash and Malfoy was a real treat. I'm guessing you've seen his adorable Christmas episode where he wears a bowtie if youve already moved onto the Dibmeister seasons. Dibny was lame at first, especially as a follow up to Tom Felton but he really grew on me just because he is such a goof!

@JohnnyShoulder also just saw your post about a new Toby Kebbel series, he's an awesome actor but he doesn't seem to get hugely lucky with his roles. My favourite film of his is Dead Man's shoes which also has the equally awesome Paddy Considine. I like a lot of Shyamalan films but I haven't seen the last airbender and I didnt rate after earth

ralphdibny

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Yeah, I’m past the brilliant Crisis on Earth X, approaching the back end of this year of Arrowverse. Also started Black Lightning which has been really great so far, love his outfit and the more adult approach towards superheroics.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett black lightning is brilliant in its opening season. I used to have conversations with a colleague who just thought it was cheesy trash but fun to watch whereas I took it really seriously and really got into all the characters storylines 😅

Edited on by ralphdibny

ralphdibny

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Honestly, it’s the least cheesy by a long run. It deals with some heavy issues which resonate so much more after this summer. Legends is definitely the goofiest but I do love it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic