Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 4,462

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Yes, unfortunately for newcomers (and fortunately for fans) the animated Star Wars shows are quite an undertaking. Seven seasons of The Clone Wars follow its initial movie, and then there are four seasons of Rebels. Quality does vary, particularly in both shows' initial seasons, but there are far more great episodes than bad ones overall.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@BearsEatBeets @RogerRoger I’ve gotta say, I can vouch for the, yes - variable, but overall high quality of the animated series. I have had trouble keeping my focus on it and am only through the first season of Clone Wars. I am not ready to call ‘uncle’ and ask for the abridged list of key episodes, but it’s nice to know that’s an option. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Always an option, buddy! Well done for making it through the entire first season; even I struggled with that, last time I tried to marathon the show.

Last night, I decided to give Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. a chance. I was a little apprehensive, but thought checking out the pilot would be harmless enough; cut to five episodes later, and I suddenly realised it was midnight. I was totally hooked, absolutely loved it. Feels as though the MCU has adopted the biological love-child of Jack Bauer and James Bond (with apologies for the mental image such an analogy might conjure). I know the show evolves over the years, and ends up being quite a different beast, but such a strong start has earned my attention, at least.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Oh wow, they’re both two great shows so this could be really promising.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah both shows are in my top 10, so that could be promising. One thing Noah Hawley does really well is write good characters and dialogue. Hopefully they can do the originals justice, but I don't hold much hope as just like Terminator and Predator they can't seem to get it right with the recent movies.

Does that mean they will be on Disney+ the uk? Hope they don't appear on NOW TV, I really do have a disdain for that service.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yep, Hulu content comes is coming to Disney+ over here on its own ‘adult’ section which unfortunately isn’t XXX Mickey Mouse cartoons but will be all the FX and Hulu stuff since Hulu doesn’t operate in the UK.

BearsEatBeets

Regarding yesterday's Mandalorian episode

I feel like they are slowly working the story around to a point where Mando will reach a point where he takes his helmet off at will. We've already had Bo Katan and her crew removing theirs freely then the part of this episode where the need of the mission superseded his belief in the rule. I wouldn't be surprised if Pascal wanted more time actually on-screen and I wouldn't mind if it does go this way.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets It was a very powerful moment, nicely underplayed. And you're right, there were rumours that Pedro Pascal was unhappy being stuck under the helmet the entire time. People overreacted and used the possibility to make a bunch of hyperbolic "MANDO RECAST??!!?!" clickbait for controversy's sake, and it was all easy to ignore, but there's always a grain of truth, no matter how small. It always had to be a question answered by the show, and would've always been the plan all along, but developments might've just been sped up a little bit, s'all.

Thanks for posting the Andor sizzle reel as well, I hadn't seen that. Got distracted by this:

[inhales] Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger yeah I agree it was probably planned all along and would have been sold to Pascal that way. I saw that trailer a little after finding the Andor one. Maybe I'll have watched the clone and rebels series before it launches. I've decided to rewatch the movie before the series because I think that might help. Watching the first couple of episodes I had to double check because the stories felt like I was starting something part way through.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets I should really watch Clone Wars as well, I only ever dipped in and out.

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Yeah, that's my one criticism against the otherwise-fine Disney+ layout, as they've gone and buried the Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie in the "Specials" section, separate from the show. Given that the movie introduces the entire premise, as well as its most important character, I'd strongly argue that it should be front and centre when searching for the show.

Apologies; I should've mentioned that when discussing this last week. The movie is the first five episodes of the show merged together for cinema release.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@BearsEatBeets You should watch Fargo. The first two series are excellent and the third is still pretty good.

Thrillho

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger No problem, I have actually seen it before. I'm pretty sure I have it on dvd buried somewhere in the animation section of my collection. Unfortunately I remember next to nothing about it (not sure that's a good sign but I did buy though) so I'll re-watch it anyway.

@Thrillo If it's on Prime or Netflix maybe I'll give it a watch.

BearsEatBeets

Black_Swordsman

Is anyone watching Raised By Wolves? I think it's brilliant, no spoilers without spoiler tags please, I've only seen the first three episodes.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Just saw the episode of The Flash with your non-Christmassy avatar! Season 5 episode 1 if I’m not mistaken.

And that’s another season of the Arrowverse done too! Supergirl and Arrow somewhat limped to the end, they both need a swift kick up the arse to be honest. I really liked The Flash’s baddie in season 4 though, he was a nice change from the typical speedster bad guy of previous seasons. Legends was the best of the lot yet again though, it’s just incredibly fun. I loved Black Lightning too, really looking forward to Season 2.

zupertramp

@BearsEatBeets Regarding the Alien series, which I somehow only just noticed, is it just me or do a lot of FX shows have this hyper macho vibe? Granted I haven't watched in a while so maybe it's changed but after The Shield, Rescue Me, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, Nip/Tuck, The League I feel like maybe I've seen all the testosterone-driven television I can for one lifetime so I'm really hoping the Alien series doesn't go down this road.

Edited on by zupertramp

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp FX execs be like
Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic