Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 4,448

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Nah, we’ve got a Sky box and their catch up has had literally everything else in the Arrowverse. It just now doesn’t include season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow which happens to be the one I’m watching at the minute.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Ah, I was about to say "You sure he's not me?" and then you mentioned the N word, so now he's dead to me (only kidding).

@nessisonett That sucks butt. Sorry you ended up having to shell out for it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

Any of you like the Berserk anime? (1997)

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

Oof. Episode 2 of Mando was a tough watch!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Ah man! I’m going to watch it tonight.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

30 days of Disney+ is included with Game Pass, for anyone wanting to watch The Mandalorian or if they want to wait for Wandavision.

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Did you happen to watch the second episode of The Mandalorian 2? Just curious about your thoughts. I liked the first episode better but I still enjoyed it.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Thanks for asking; I have not yet, no.

Because I was a couple days late to the new season, I didn't actually know which day of the week Disney+ would be adding new episodes and so, right after the second load of Resident Evil 2 spiders had made me feel a tad uncomfortable on Friday, I thought I could use Mando as a nice known quantity to calm me down... providing it had been released, of course. So I reached for Google, and was so glad I did, because the first result was a new review with that spoiler front and centre.

I'll watch it when the third chapter is also available, with fingers crossed that a double-feature will dilute their impact. Hopefully they won't be recurring (even though they were originally featured in the third season of Star Wars: Rebels, where I could just about handle them).

Glad you enjoyed it. I've seen some subsequent headlines along the lines of, "even the show's worst episode to date is still great television" so it's good to know you didn't hate it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, the RE2 discussion made me think to ask. And honestly, even as I was watching the show, the thought came to me about how you might feel about it. I didn’t want to spoil anything for you, but it’s probably good that you did get a little warning ahead of time. And to be frank, the spider-like space creatures have just enough of a fantastical modification in appearance and design that maybe it won’t be so bad. The more distanced from reality the better, I would think.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Appreciate the concern, buddy! And you're absolutely right; the more a design departs from reality, the easier I find it to accept. Facehuggers? No problem. Those weird blue spiders from the Lost in Space movie? Thought they were great.

Will return over the weekend and let y'all know how "triggering" they were.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger @Th3solution Being a fellow sufferer of arachnophobia, I did find it a bit of an uncomfortable watch. It was more to do with the smaller ones as the larger ones are too big to be realistic. And it didn't go on for too long either I thought. Nowhere near the worst episode for me, that would probably be the first few episodes of season one.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I just watched it and, honestly, it wasn't bad at all (although I was braced for far, far worse). I even got some really cool Jurassic Park vibes from the whole sequence, particularly from the biggie. I think they were actually creepier when they were animated, although I still wouldn't stick the episode on right before bed!

This week's instalment was superb; totally geeked out over its core elements. I wanted it to go on longer than thirty-ish minutes, but it didn't really need to.

I'll tag @Th3solution here and make an offer to anybody who's watching Mando, but has no plans to ever watch the animated Star Wars shows (namely The Clone Wars and Rebels). I know that they're not for everybody, and understand that they're a big ask for some, but the subtext is rapidly becoming... well, text. If you watch this week's chapter and have questions, ask me and I'll happily summarise a couple of Wookieepedia pages in some spoiler tags for you.

As a super-fan, I'm impressed by where they're going with all this, but I'm starting to get nervous for the show's broader appeal. Next week's episode will make or break it.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I watch a Heavy Spoilers recap after each episode, it is neat that all these obscure throwbacks and Easter eggs are in there. One of the making of episodes for season 1 is purely about all that stuff. Most of it does go over my head though.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Good stuff; yeah, it does kinda illustrate how Disney clearly see a difference between the movies and the television / streaming shows, especially after Maul's appearance in Solo generated a record amount of "no, it makes sense, read this" articles. The way they're essentially making the Filoniverse one long story is awesome, but it's starting to breed a kinda "them and us" division about everything. Fingers crossed that they can find a balance; if anybody can, it'll be Filoni and Favreau.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger It is certainly better integrated than in Episode 9!

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Zing! It's funny because it's true.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Thankfully it doesn't feel that I missed out on key plot points because I don't play Fortnite!

nessisonett

Filoniverse sounds... venereal.

BearsEatBeets

I'm waiting to get Disney + again until I can watch the whole second season of Mando in a single month of subscription. I'm trying to avoid looking/reading to much about it but know everyone here is cool about not giving spoilers so I've seen a few comments. Am I right in thinking next weekend will be half way into the series so about right to pick it up?

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic