Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 2,383

QualityGeezer

@nessisonett Celtic can break a world record for most trebles, that's a great stat. Talking about trebles I really hope as a liverpool fan city pull it off so my man utd mates mate finally shut up and stop dining outon being the only team too do it 🤣🤣

QualityGeezer

nessisonett

@QualityGeezer The best stat from that win is that Joe Hart is now the only man to win a treble both sides of the border. Like of all players to do it it’s him 😂

The most Joe Hart thing of all time is that factoid is inflated and he didn’t win the domestic trophies in the same season down south!

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@QualityGeezer I think in terms of what we’d call the ‘modern’ game yeah, it’s just Kenny. There were loads of random guys in the 20s who scored like 60 goals a season and that 😂

QualityGeezer

@nessisonett yeah just wondered because it's always brought up in his documentaries etc and couldn't think of another

QualityGeezer

nessisonett

Gonna have to take my papa out for a pint. Partick with one of the worst collapses in the play-offs in a while.

KAIRU

@nessisonett That’s going to take a dent out of your £12.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

nessisonett

@KAIRU Isn’t that what grandparents are for, to bump you at least the price of an overpriced pint 😉

nessisonett

Gutted. Just hope Spurs give Ange a proper go of things, Angeball is incredibly fun to watch but needs players with the work rate and attitude to step up.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett The media over here need to get practicing pronouncing his surname!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I thought I was saying it fine but my best mate’s Cypriot and hearing the way she pronounced it, I’m pretty sure there are several phonetic sounds that aren’t compatible with the British.

KAIRU

Ange Postecoglou is a Lilywhite as officially confirmed this morning. Honestly, he wasn't my first choice and a lot of fans have had mixed reactions about his appointment but the main thing is we've got a gaffer in the door and he's had a fair amount of success everywhere he's been. Surprised he decided to leave Celtic but maybe the challenge of the Premier League and a 'big six' — I use that term lightly — side in Spurs is what he wants. I'm sure he's more than ready and up for the task at hand, and I hope he can convince the big baldy at the top of our club to get behind him.

Next is getting a DoF in the door and then avoiding a repeat of the Summer-long saga of ten years ago.

Edited on by KAIRU

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

JohnnyShoulder

@KAIRU Keeping hold of Kane will be key, and if he does go, do the business early doors. Letting things roll on until lastminute.com helps no one, and only achieves in bumping up the transfer fee.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

KAIRU

@JohnnyShoulder Honestly, there's no point keeping him if he won't sign a new deal. There's no point keeping him for one more year for him to go on a free next summer so if Madrid come in for him then I'd be asking for £100m for him.

I think it also depends on whether or not he wants the PL top-goalscoring record too. I really hope he doesn't go to United because I'll never hear the end of it.

BAMozzy

Kane is on the way down now in my opinion. He is past his best and relies more and more on those around him. Son for example is one who puts a lot more work in, a lot more energy and pace that makes Kanes 'clearances' into space turn out to be 'great' passes. He also has great delivery into the box which helps Kane too.

There is talk of going to Real Madrid to replace Benzema and I think that would suit Kane better. Vincinus Jr would be like 'Son', bring the pace and allow Kane to play the 'Benzema' role. But it depends on what records or trophies Kane wants. Moving away from the EPL may get him more chance at a trophy - La Liga, Spanish Cup and constant Champions League matches but EPL more likely to break records. I can't see him moving to Man Utd and don't see Utd as potential EPL winners 'soon' - not with Man City and their Squad who must start as favourites. Top 4 is increasingly competitive now too and you can't rule out Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle and even Chelsea with Pochettino all challenging for those few spaces.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

MatthewJP

@BAMozzy just the 30 goals this season. Definitely on his way down 🙄

Edit: 'just' the '30' 'goals' this 'season'. Definitely 'on' his way 'down'

Edited on by MatthewJP

PSN: mpquikster

JohnnyShoulder

@KAIRU It baffles me why a player would stay to break a record rather than more potential to win a major trophy.

nessisonett

Wouldn’t be surprised if Ange took a couple players with him. Kyogo, Jota and Maeda would easily fit into a PL team and know his style. Son knows him already as he managed a pretty inferior Australia team that beat South Korea in the 2015 Asian Cup final and I think his work rate would really go a long way to reclaiming his previous form. Kane is obviously quality but I just wonder if it’s a Ronaldo at Man U situation, where he’s better off at a new club and not dragging down the atmosphere in the dressing room if he really isn’t happy.

KAIRU

@JohnnyShoulder Depends on the trophy, I suppose. A league title or a UCL trophy would obviously be more favourable, but being the PL’s all-time top goal scorer would be much more of an impressive achievement than winning something like the FA Cup, in my opinion.

@nessisonett Can’t wait for him to bring back Joe Hart and CCV. 😂

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder Having his name mentioned every time they talk about Premier League Goal scorers for the rest of his life - even if someone else breaks it - will last a LOT longer than any trophy will. In general, the trophies are more remembered for the 'team' not usually the individuals within that team that won it.

At the end of his career, Kane is going to be remembered for his goal scoring records for Club & Country, not his 'trophy' haul - top Goalscorer for England and could have the EPL record too. Something that will get mentioned far more than trophies and be remembered far more too...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic