Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 2,383

BeerIsAwesome

Looks like a South Yorkshire team is going up regardless. Neither deserve to be in League One.

BeerIsAwesome

sorteddan

Looking forward to today's Champ play off final, chance to see two teams I honestly don't know too much about. Will be good to see who will be immediately installed as bookies favourite to go down next year!

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

@Thrillho That late goal and then it being disallowed, the penalties all being so good, it was one hell of a match at least. Got to be gutting though, I’ll have to prepare to commiserate with my papa in case the Partick Thistle play off final doesn’t go his way

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@nessisonett Always so disappointing to come down to a missed penalty. Makes it even worse to have come that close. Three very evenly matched games between the two clubs this year too.

But what a season and full respect to the manager and the team. It’s just gutting to know half the team won’t be there next year because of loans and Gyokeres certainly won’t still be around, possibly not Hamer either.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Looks like Spurs will be breaking Celtic fans hearts by going after their manager!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Fight_Teza_Fight

Wasn’t able to catch the Europa League final live, but really happy Sevilla won.
The Real Madrid of the Europa League. Jesus Navas is a 4x champ😶.
Also Mourinho chucking his runners-up medal into the crowd is classic Mourinho.

BT Sport have the entire game/programme up. It’s 4+ hours long. Might re-live the madness.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I’ll be gutted and honestly I’m not convinced it’s a good move for him. His style of football works in our league but Spurs are consistently awful and I only see it panning out one way.

KAIRU

Why would any manager want to come to the hot mess that is Tottenham Hotspur?

Ideally, I’d love if we got Nagelsmann but that just will not happen.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

nessisonett

Looking almost certain that Ange will go to Spurs. They’ll churn him up and spit him out, he plays a specific style of football that doesn’t automatically get results and needs the full backing of a squad and board to see through. He’d be giving up European football too!

JohnnyShoulder

Well Big Sam is available now....

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Heard a few rumblings about Moyes for Celtic. Would be… interesting.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett That would be a good fit I think, if he is willing to step down to that league as I think one of the pulls to the Premier League is how competitive it is.

sorteddan

@KAIRU
Yeah don't know if any of the rumoured interest were really contacted about it but if Kompany would rather face the challenge with a newly promoted club and Slot prefers to stay in the Dutch league then it not looking great is it? Maybe coaches have noticed that Mr Levi's club isn't a great way to either enhance their reputations or to win trophies.
Still as Ness says looks like your set to poach Ang from Celtic so at least you're still a slightly more attractive proposition than the Scottish league.
Personally I would like to see Hodgson given a chance there for a year with his newfound carefree attacking style.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

13 seconds in!!!

KAIRU

Brutal penalty decision but that’s just what the game is now.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

Thrillho

The inevitable Manchester Blue train rumbles on and strong favourites for the treble as well now.

Thrillho

Fight_Teza_Fight

Can’t be having City winning the treble. Hope Inter put a dent in it.
Gündogan put in a MOTM performance. Completely bossed it. City are so far ahead of everyone else I could see them winning the league straight for another 2-3 years. United aren’t close & Arsenal are turning Spursy by the year.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

Love that the telly immediately switched onto the Scottish Cup build up after the final whistle blew. Not happy with it being moved to the late kick off pandering to the English but it does make a better day’s football on the telly.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic