Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 2,383

nessisonett

@camolftw Arsenal have basically won it already I’d say. They’re too clinical to throw it away with this lead and a game in hand, especially if they win the match against Man City in February. Man Utd are definitely in good form but I’m not sure they can catch up in time. If anything, I could see Newcastle beating them for 3rd.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

I'd be surprised if Man U get Kane or another striker in this transfer window. One of the reasons they got Weghorst on loan is that they are waiting to go big on a transfer for a striker in the summer.

Man City can still go on a run of not losing games like they have done in the past. They can pretty relentless at times. 5 points is nothing at this stage of season, at just over the half way mark.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

Anyone else watching the Wrexham cup game? Ever since watching the tv series I've kept an eye on how they are doing. Although it will make watching the next series less dramatic.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

Will be interesting to see if any of these breaches are upheld against Man City.

On the radio they were saying that even if only half of them are upheld, they could get relegated and all their cups and titles could be stripped. Of course, that is one of the worst outcomes that could happen.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

ProfessorNiggle

Let's face it City will probably get away with these charges and also probably less likely beat Arsenal to win the league.

HOWEVER, IF these teams slip up, who will be there like a drunk ex boyfriend waiting for the girl you just pulled at the end of a club night, only for you both to go home with a bag of fish nd chips instead? Yes, the mighty United, we will be there

ProfessorNiggle

TimmyGR

Nah, I don't think Arsenal will lose that time

TimmyGR

nessisonett

Nice to see Jurgen Klinsmann at the Celtic Kilmarnock match today, surrounded by adverts for Kilmarnock pies. Didn’t realise he was the South Korea manager.

Thrillho

First leg of the Championship playoffs tomorrow for Coventry at home to Middlesbrough.

Absolute madness that they’ve made it into the playoffs having been bottom of the league after ten games. But this has been an excellent, and very likeable, team with Gyokeres banging in goals, Hamer bossing the midfield, and Wilson keeping the most clean sheets in a season for the team.

Mark Robins has done incredibly taking us from League Two back to the Champ, especially seeing as he’s worked with next to no money. I can’t see them winning the playoffs but it’s been an amazing season whatever happens.

Plus, they finally got rid of the godawful owners too!

🩵

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Have Coventry got their Stadium back yet? I love hearing clubs rise back from the brink of going under, a bit like Brighton. Which makes where they are now even more amazing.

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder Sadly not. It was owned by Wasps rugby club but they went into administration.

The new owners put in a bid for it but it was submitted too late. A group led by Mike Ashley own the stadium now but the club have at least negotiated a lease for the next five years.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Only one game away from a return to the big time!

Not to tempt fate or anything, but do you think they are well equipped for The Premier League?

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder Oh god no

Three of our starting XI yesterday (all defenders) are loan signings, as were two of our subs. So they’d need to be pretty clever in the transfer market to not spend silly money but get players just as good/better.

The club does seem to be pretty well run now though and they signed the manager Mark Robins up to a new four year contract yesterday too. He took over (again) just before relegation to League Two and has taken the team from there to where we are now.

Crazy that Luton and Coventry were both League Two five years ago and now one team will be in the Premier League!

Thrillho

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder If Coventry do miss promotion though, I can see at least Gyokeres being off which would be gutting.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

Crazy game in the league one play off! Sheffield Wednesday were 4 - 0 down from the first leg, and they just scored a fourth in the 98th min!

nessisonett

Sheffield Wednesday oh my god what a match!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Did Peterborough actually score a goal from open play in the second leg?! 😂

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder One of the most insane implosions I’ve seen from a team. Like ok, Wednesday were brilliant and attacked with intent but wow, Peterborough essentially got what was coming to them!

BeerIsAwesome

As a Wednesday fan, all I can scream is YYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Get in there lads!

BeerIsAwesome

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic