Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 2,383

Thrillho

It was an absolute dud of a match until like the 75th minute as well! Mbappe getting a hat trick and losing is pretty harsh (even if two were penalties..)

Shout out to Otamendi for giving away the first penalty and giving us such a fun game

Thrillho

nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

WanderingBullet

I'm not a fan of his antics but he did made an amazing save in the last minute to deny France the win and also a good save during the penalty shootout.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho You are a hard man to please! 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Clemerek

@nessisonett that's Dibu Martinez for you lmao he was already a hero here in Argentina he's a legend now. That match took years off my life and I will never forget it. We finally saw Messi win the World Cup.

Clemerek

Clemerek

@KAIRU oh yeah, many still are I'm sure, and tonight the team will arrive to the country with the cup so everyone will want to be there. I stayed up late last night and then I couldn't sleep because of all the noise outside but for once I didn't care about that lol

Clemerek

nessisonett

Dear god, Craig Gordon’s leg break today was one of the worst I’ve ever seen. Up there with Larsson’s. That’ll be the end of his career, he’s 40 next week. Such a shame too, he’s one of the best keepers Scotland’s had in a long time.

nessisonett

Such a shame about Pele, both him and Maradona gone in a couple of years. It’s easy to write off footballers from that period as not being up to the same physical standard as modern footballers but watch a video of Pele and it’s clear that he was one of the most technically gifted footballers of all time. The ways he could manipulate a heavy, leather ball was nothing short of miraculous.

Tasuki

Sad to hear about the death of Pele. As someone who didn't follow sports to much when I was kid I can say that Pele was one of the first pro athletes I remember hearing about. By the that time Pele was long since retired but I had a soccer coach as a kid that was a big fan of him. He would tells us about his playstyle and such.

Such a huge lost to the sporting world. Condolences to his family, friends and fans. May he rest in peace.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

Sad news about Gianluca Vialli passing away at 58.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I didn’t realise he had cancer so it came as a bit of a shock.

Fight_Teza_Fight

Anyone catch the Liverpool vs Wolves game tonight?😂😂😂

I’d post the video if I didn’t think I might get banned.
phone taped to the set played p0rn noises, which was picked up during match analysis.
So here’s an article from a reputable site instead:

https://metro.co.uk/2023/01/17/bbcs-live-coverage-of-wolves-v...

2023 coming in hottt!

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

@Fight_Teza_Fight I thought it was a baby crying. Genuinely.

JohnnyShoulder

@Fight_Teza_Fight @nessisonett I reckon it was Shearer. He recorded Lineker whilst hiding in the wardrobe. Again.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@nessisonett haha! I bet it was a lot clearer in studio. It got awkward real fast in there.
@JohnnyShoulder I heard that Gary does have some weird kinks.

A smallish YouTube channel is claiming responsibility for this. A bit foolish as I think the bbc would probably take legal action. Definitely before the watershed😬.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Thrillho

@Fight_Teza_Fight Apparently it’s from a “YouTube prankster” who has done multiple pitch invasions, mostly cricket related, in the past.

And if this is right, he could end up going to jail for it which is probably the funniest part of the whole thing,

Untitled

Thrillho

nessisonett

That was probably the best Arsenal v Man Utd match since Wenger and Ferguson were in charge. A very close run thing, although I’m still convinced that Zinchenko was offside for that third goal.

Thrillho

@nessisonett I only saw the highlights on MOTD but it was pretty crazy.

The montage they had beforehand though was great as those old clashes, especially in the Veira/Keane days, were always great value.

And that Henry goal.. oof

Thrillho

camolftw

so who do we think will win the premier league? that arsenal united game was cool but i think united should have won and didnt even play that well with no real DM/RB or ST. sportsbetting3.com has interesting odds on this season. Sure arsenal need some improvements but think united are more scary long term. if they sign kane or vlahovic and get 100% sancho its going to be scary.

Edited on by camolftw

camolftw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic