Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 2,383

sorteddan

I think it probably speaks of defects in my own character or nature but I do so enjoy seeing Christiano having a cry or a sulk

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

@sorteddan I dunno, he’s very much making it easy to enjoy!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

France were the better team tonight but that’s a shame for Kane, the media won’t let him forget it.

BearsEatBeets

I thought that was a 50-50 game with both sides having spells on top. Just a little shocked Saka was taken off as he was our most effective player at the time.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Gremio108

Well that was a bugger but never mind. It was always going to take a good team to knock us out. Personally I don't think anyone will run them closer than that (sorry Tunisia, I'm not counting you because they rested so many)

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

stvevan

i really hope Southgate does the right and decent thing and steps down.

he has done what he can, but fails against the top teams. happened at 3 tournaments now.

we beat Wales (worst team there) Iran and Senegal. the 2 decent teams a draw and loss

stvevan

MightyDemon82

Nevermind, maybe the next worldcup will be the one. That'll be be perfect as it'll be the 70th anniversary of '66 😜

MightyDemon82

Thrillho

It was at least nice to lose after a good performance rather than sitting back or having a stinker. Gutted for Kane though.

And I thought Saka came off because he was injured?

Hopefully Southgate has seen that England can play well on the front foot in this tournament so we see more of that, making most of the attacking talent available. Bellingham has been sensational this tournament.

I just don’t know how there will be to come in at centre back in the future.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@JudgeDredd Unfortunately England are not blessed with a great number of quality centre backs. I was with the majority and didn't think Maguire should have been in the team, but his performances have been really good in this tournament. Sometimes it is not just about picking the best players for each position, but which players are best for the team.

Just hope Shaw and Maguire revert back to their club form when the Premier League starts back up.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Maguire has inexplicably been one of England’s best players. It’s bizarre. Maybe whatever building material his forehead’s made out of is impervious to Qatari conditions.

Thrillho

@JudgeDredd Ben White was pretty much never in Qatar though for unidentified personal reasons and that only left Dier and Coady to replace Maguire, who has been Mr Dependable for England for over four years.

Similarly, Shaw has done better for England than Man Utd and there is no other recognised LBK in the squad after Chilwell got injured pre-tournament.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@KAIRU I hope Argentina stuff them tbh. Croatia have been such a bore to watch mostly, just want them to bore off home.

Untitled

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett It has me made me rethink how I approach these things. The manager sees the players more than us and in the main knows better than us armchair critics. I am absolutely not putting Maguire in my fantasy football team though! 😂

stvevan

i would love to see messi lift the trophy.

think France will tho

stvevan

JohnnyShoulder

@KAIRU They would be my ideal choice to win it, as I have no affection for any of the other teams or players left involved. I suppose it would be good if Messi wins it, if only it would be the end of pundits saying he has performed some kind of a miracle every time he makes a pass. And he seems less of **** than some of the other egotistical players.

johncalmc

If Morocco put France out of the World Cup tonight this will be a 10/10 Wednesday.

johncalmc

Twitter:

nessisonett

Well that was one hell of a match. A brilliant tournament all round really, which is a bit frustrating because it does mean that all the external issues have been forgotten about.

stvevan

crazy final.

enjoyed it immensely.

glad Messi got the win.

stvevan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic