Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 2,383

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Wow, I’d just heard that it was a family emergency but not the details. That’s pretty vile.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

Gutted for Japan. They were the better team all match and Croatia scrape through yet again despite being terrible the entire tournament. I hate penalties.

JohnnyShoulder

Brazil putting on a samba show tonight. Some brilliant goals so far.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Current prediction is a France v Brazil final. And what a final that would be!

JohnnyShoulder

Didn't think Brazil would literally start busting out the dance movers at the final whistle! 😂

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

The lead singer from U2 scored against Spain?

nessisonett

Still hate penalties but it does result in upsets like that!

nessisonett

The crowd chanting Ronaldo when Portugal are 5-1 up without him even playing does my head in. Further proof that there are barely any actual football fans at these stadiums, as evidenced by the swathes of empty seats.

CthulhuFhtagn

@nessisonett good point. many are upset that Morocco won, because spanish are 'better' or well known or whatever.

CthulhuFhtagn

nessisonett

@CthulhuFhtagn That’s football, plus anyone who knows the sport understands that while penalties are anybody’s game, that Spain squad were a young side and penalties tend to skew towards experienced sides. At least Portugal are looking like they’re playing with more freedom, I wonder if part of it is lacking the pressure of ‘having’ to pass to Ronaldo instead of keeping their options open. Goals were coming from multiple angles instead of those balls being primarily directed to the one area.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett It's unreal when you think how quickly things have turned against Ronaldo. If you had said at the end of last season that his contract at Man U would be torn up and then dropped from the Portugal starting line up at the World Cup knockout stages, people would give you a look like that shifty eyes puppet gif!

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I guess it’s similar to the Lukaku situation at Chelsea but this is Ronaldo, he’s a brand more than a player at this point. Those players tonight have proven that they have what it takes to oust him though.

nessisonett

@KAIRU The irony is that these sorts of men make fun of people for fangirling over celebrities all while literally engaging in the exact same behaviour.

nessisonett

Poor Luis Enrique. I don’t think he should have had to go, considering that we saw exactly what the team was capable of under his management in the Costa Rica game. It was a young team, he could have done wonders with them at the Euros and beyond. Feels like a knee jerk reaction to me.

nessisonett

Oh f**k right off Croatia. Yet again stumbling to the next round.

nessisonett

That entire match was wild.

Thrillho

The ref will still be giving out yellows in the changing rooms.

Thrillho

Fight_Teza_Fight

What a first set of quarter finals! Absolutely love Croatia so I’m thrilled about that result. I think Vini Jnr probably should’ve stayed on. He might have had a bad game but he could’ve created something out of nothing. The Netherlands vs Argentina was wild. The free kick was straight out of the training ground.

After today watch Portugal sweep Morocco & England v France to be a 0-0 & taken to penalties.

Edit: Weghorst scored a similar goal for Wolfsburg a couple of years back
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8hm7gNM8Krw

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

MOROCCOOOOOO

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic