Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 481 to 500 of 2,192

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @nessisonett BCC are quite good aren't they? They sound like the sons of Led Zeppelin and not just because one of them is quite literally the son of one of the Led Zeppelin members! The singer's voice sounds a bit like Chris Cornell's, though.

I've been listening to a lot of Bonamassa's solo stuff too, though, and that's well worth checking out, too.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Kidfried

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I have listened to a looot of southern rock in my life, it was (and perhaps still is) an unexplainable fascination of mine. Most more modern southern rock, like BCC I don't really get into as much.

The only more recent Southern rock I could get into was Morning Jacket's early work:

My favorite Southern rock act is of course Allman Brothers Band:

Aside from that I really like the Outlaws (not as well known here in Europe):

Kidfried

Kidfried

@nessisonett When coding I don't listen to music a lot. Though sometimes I like something like The Range - Potential or Disclosure - Settle.

Kidfried

Black_Swordsman

@Kidfried Oh yeah? I have heard Outlaws before and greatly admire their work, that's actually a really good song. Do you like Lynyrd Skynyrd as well then? Probably the most famous southern rock band.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Kidfried

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Lynyrd Skynyrd is what started my love for southern rock. The Ronnie Van Zant and Allen Collins songs are my favourites: Tuesday's Gone, Gimme Three Steps, The Ballad of Curtis Loew, and a lot more (of course Free Bird as well).

I don't really like southern rock when it's too cliched, so I don't care for post-90s Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZ Top or 38 Special.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Great coincidence. Yesterday I went out to eat at the place I was, they were playing a Led Zepplin album. Always reminds me of how much I love their music. Most of all I love their grooves, so I'm less a fan of the slow songs with drawn out vocals.

Ramble On, Fool In The Rain, The Battle For Evermore and No Quarter are my favs.

Hbu?

Kidfried

Black_Swordsman

@Kidfried I am a vinyl man so rarely look through song titles, I like all of Physical Graffiti, well, I know the title of Kashmir, I'm less a fan of that than other songs on the record.

Kidfried

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I only have IV on vinyl, so often resort to Spotify to listen to them. I'm a vinyl person, but also a cd person and also a Spotify person, haha.

Kidfried

Black_Swordsman

@Kidfried I might get IV then, how do you think it compares to Physical Graffiti? A lot of people think that that is their definitive statement as a band.

themcnoisy

@Arugula @Th3solution @nessisonett @Quintumply @kyleforrester87 @Jaz007 @Lieutenantfatman

If I don't achieve anything else in life. I made this on a Dual Shock 4 with no samples (other than my own voice of course). Enjoy.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Jaz007

@themcnoisy I'm really digging this. I was gonna listen to it while I did some schoolwork. I did no schoolwork and just got into the song. Is this a download somewhere? That was really smooth.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Groovy, man! Awesome stuff there.

I do feel a bit silly though. All this time, in my head I’ve been calling your “McNoisy” like “McDonalds” or “McGregor” the Scottish/Irish way. But I hear you saying it in the song “Em Cee” Noisy like the individual letters.

My whole world has been turned upside down.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@themcnoisy That’s proper impressive, especially done with just a DualShock. Sounds like stuff you’d get down The Garage near my bit!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@themcnoisy Wow McNoisy, that's awesome work. The constant "remixes" of the track name though the video raised a smile too

Thrillho

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 thanks man, you need to buy Dreams to listen to it. You can also remix it if you want!

@Th3solution Master of Ceremonies Noisy is a bit of a mouthful so it's MC. Haha McNoisy is fine and if you feel better calling me that, feel free

@Arugula Maybe takes you back to you old clubbing days.

@nessisonett Dreams is great, we have a group of 30-40 musicians now. Some of the accoustic stuff is unreal and professional quality.

@Thrillho They are text boxes within dreams. So usually used for when a character speaks or to show a control mechanic. Thanks for listening mate, glad it brought a smile to your face!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

Sad to hear about Eddie Van Halen passing away. One of my favourite guitar solos of all time is the one from Beat It, which he wrote and performed. 2020 seems to have been particularly bad for the number of deaths but this one wasn’t Covid related.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic