Forums

Topic: The Music Thread

Posts 2,181 to 2,197 of 2,197

Jimmer-jammer

@Black_Swordsman Very cool! It has a big band vibe to me. I especially like 20 Minuten and The What?. Thanks for sharing!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

Amazing jazz/contemporary classical fusion work from veteran jazz guitarist Mike Walker, not much guitar on the album but he composed the whole thing and said he wanted to let the voices of the other players ring loud and clear!

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

My latest offering, quite metal-lic in parts, for those who like that sort of thing, but definitely still jazz.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

nessisonett

It may have taken till the 30th anniversary but The Holy Bible by the Manics has finally clicked. I always really liked their more traditional stuff, Everything Must Go is insanely good partly because of how raw their emotions about poor Richey Edwards are on it, but I always went back and forth on Edwards’ actual music. The Holy Bible is just a relentlessly angry and cynical album, which is hard to put into words. Perhaps the country being in the state it is made the album click, it resonates with me at this particular time that it didn’t before. I feel like apologising to the entirety of Wales.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I used to love that album during my rock phase. Great guitar work from Richey Edwards.

Black_Swordsman

Amazing jazz work from Binker, Moses and Evan Parker.

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Glad you liked it man, I interrupted our communication break to bring you this, whimsical borderline 'free' jazz from the Art Ensemble of Chicago. The two surviving members are in their late 70s now I believe, and have, as I think is right and proper, been giving voice to younger musicians in their most recent albums, taking more of a songwriting and background role on the records, I think that is better than just blocking the newer generations from coming through by blocking potential revenue for them. Cough Rolling Stones Cough I don't know how you feel about my thoughts here? All the best man, trust you and the family are well. Looking forward to Friday (RotR release)

N.B I thought I would get the Digital Deluxe edition if funds allow as I quite like the idea of walking around the towns and talking to NPCs in the Japanese formal wear of the time. (Only available with that edition, as far as I'm informed).

N.B II How do you feel about RotR going up against DD2? Feel free to respond in the Chit Chat Thread to the PS5-related stuff as I seem to have rather derailed the topic from music!

Jimmer-jammer

@Black_Swordsman Yeah, I think that’s great that they’re giving a voice to younger generations! I’ll check the album out when I can. Sounds really interesting.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

Just dropped my latest EP available on Spotify (jazz-based fusion with elements of heavy music interpolated within it) https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2qYBfIp2u1HLFTY4saIxL2?si=8...

and SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/ltomlinson9 ( 1) Black $word$man 2) Gh0$t TrAp 3) Another Moon ) - Tracklist.

Black_Swordsman

After all that macho electric jazz and hip hop that I had been listening to recently, I needed something to just chill out to, and put this on. Classic.

Jimmer-jammer

Scored tickets to Sum 41’s farewell tour and couldn’t be more stoked! Can’t wait for Friday’s final album. End of an era.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer I liked them when I was at college, when they went in a more metal direction, the album with 'Still Waiting' on it, and I also liked the song 'Mr. Han' although I don't know what album that's from, I know they've always flirted with metal, Half Hour of Power has some real heavy moments, and then there's the whole 'Pain for Pleasure' band within a band type of thing.

Jimmer-jammer

@Black_Swordsman Yeah, they’ve definitely always had that metal side to them. With their latest release, they did something a little weird and recorded a double album, Heaven x Hell. Heaven side is pop punk and He’ll side is metal. As a final album, I think it works well and as a lifelong Sum 41 fan, I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. It really does a good job of covering all of their bases and feels like a send off that respects all corners of their audience.

nessisonett

In what’s essentially the musical equivalent of the Star Wars Special Editions, Kino have re-recorded the instrumentals of Это не любовь but obviously keeping the vocals intact since Tsoi died in the early 90s. I’m not a big fan. The low-fi atmosphere is kinda gone especially in Музыка волн. I don’t mind a remix or remaster but re-recordings always sound a bit odd to me. Think Muse have been doing them too, although I haven’t been into them since I was no longer the target audience of 12 years old. Can’t recall any re-recordings that I’ve preferred to the original.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

This is an exceptional jazz album featuring the world's leading jazz guitarist.

Danbottomburp

A Rock musician plays four chords and entertains 30,000 people, a jazz musician plays 30,000 chords and entertains four
God it's insufferable, absolutely hate jazz

Danbottomburp

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic