Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 7,701 to 7,720 of 8,938

The_Moose

@LN78 What was really so bad about the Snyderverse movies?

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

The_Moose

@LN78 "The writing"

Thanks for that in depth criticism.

Man of Steel was a decent start in my opinion. It needed to have a darker tone because a) DC Comics are darker and b) they needed to stand out from the MCU.

B vs S Ultimate Edition solves all of the "Martha" problems which were raised in the theatrical version and whilst I still have my gripes it was decent but was a victim of studio interference (this effected the whole franchise)

SS wasn't bad but not great.

WW was great

JL (1st version) wasn't the worst thing committed to screen but not good either.

Snyder Cut was awesome

Aquaman was great and Shazam was fun.

The biggest flaw in the DCEU was the top execs wanting to replicate in 5 years what the MCU had taken 10, they interfered, meddled and demanded rewrites. This was obvious at the time but Critical Drinker offers a really good summary of the events on YouTube.

The DCEU just needed time, it produced good films on tough timelines and corporate interference, they could have easily matched MCU with time and patience but greed got the better of WB.

Let's face it even SS is better than MCU phase bore could ever be.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. – Seneca

LN78

@The_Moose I didn't realise you wanted an in depth critique - but I'm really not interested in arguing about quality screenwriting with someone who thinks that "Die Another Day" is underrated or that a click grifter like The Critical Drinker provides savvy media analysis. In the meantime, those certainly are some opinions you've got there. Glad you're happy with them.

LN78

The_Moose

@LN78 "but I'm really not interested in arguing about quality screenwriting with someone who thinks that "Die Another Day" is underrated or that a click grifter like The Critical Drinker provides savvy media analysis."

No worries mate, I thought there was more to you but it seems you only like having convos and debates with people who share your opinions.

LN78

@The_Moose Nah. It's just a discussion I've had many times before and it never goes anywhere. Either you think there are objective standards in art, or you think your own personal opinion is all that counts. And for what it's worth, I thought there was more to you until you started popping off unprovoked at other users who you disagree with. So let's call it a draw, shall we?

LN78

The_Moose

Care to name a time when "I've popped off" at someone unprovoked?

Edited on by The_Moose

The_Moose

@LN78

When? What was said?

Edited on by The_Moose

LN78

@The_Moose You've got a short memory - you even asked me if I thought the comment in question got moderated because Ness enjoys some sort of privilege around here because of their opinions. I replied that it got moderated because it was a personal attack. You went "fair enough".
PS TV Show Topic #3849

Edited on by LN78

LN78

The_Moose

@LN78 Ah that one. Seemingly every comment I tag Ness in gets removed along with other people who question his beliefs and opinions so I apologize I couldn't narrow it down to one straight away.

For the record pointing out the irony of the Streisand effect to him isn't an unprovoked assault. I personally didn't insult him or anything, I've pointed out contradictions in his argument. Hardly name calling.

Edited on by The_Moose

LN78

@The_Moose So why did you agree with me at the time, then? Whatever, mate. I'm glad you think "The Snyder Cut" is "awesome".
PS Not for nothing, but I'm pretty sure you know Ness has you muted. Tagging them (petty insult or otherwise) won't have much effect.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

The_Moose

@LN78 Oooh okay I've obviously touched a nerve and questioned someone who you clearly believe to be above such things.

I think it sucks you think the writing is bad but I was happy to respect your opinion.

LN78

@The_Moose You haven't touched a nerve. I just don't like bullies. And the writing is bad - like, objectively, demonstrably so. The Drinker's good buddy MauLer has a whole series of videos on the topic. Knock yourself out.

LN78

The_Moose

@LN78 "I just don't like bullies."

Lol nor do I, that's why I don't do it. Questioning or taking issue with someone's argument is not bullying.

"The Drinker's good buddy MauLer has a whole series of videos on the topic. Knock yourself out."

Haha not enough time in the world to watch Maulers vids. I don't necessarily disagree with him but his vids are longer than the films/TV shows he's talking about.

LN78

@The_Moose "Seemingly every comment I tag Ness in gets removed". One barbed comment might not be bullying. But by your own admission you keep doing it. Like I said before, you're a funny guy.
PS Have you ever had a discussion about a line of dialogue in a movie? I bet it went on for longer than the line in the film. Just saying...

Edited on by LN78

LN78

The_Moose

@LN78 Haha it isn't just my comments which get removed. I'd show you a few comments from people all over this site and you could see clear as day why they weren't bullying but they'd just get modded.... again.

The_Moose

@LN78 "Have you ever had a discussion about a line of dialogue in a movie? I bet it went on for longer than the line in the film."

I bet it did, but it didn't go on for as long as a MauLer vid.

LN78

@The_Moose I just thought that you were saying his videos being longer than the movies he's critiquing was a negative. Anyway - he's very thorough - some would argue exhaustively so, because he backs his every claim up with evidence - so when he says the writing is bad you know it isn't just his opinion.
PS So just stop talking (effectively behind their back) about Ness, then? I guarantee they aren't talking about you.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

The_Moose

@LN78 I've seen bits of his vids and he's good, they're re just too long for me to sit down and watch. I honestly don't have the time is all, wasn't a criticism of him.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic