Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 7,021 to 7,040 of 8,938

RogerRoger

@LN78 Very ambitious, and interesting, but I'd imagine it'd still only amount to twenty-odd minutes of de-aged Indy footage across a two-hour movie. Which is totally achievable nowadays.

@JohnnyShoulder Sorry if my use of a giant spoiler tag broke your phone yesterday!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger I'd say closer to double that (if we're using the "Godfather 2" prequel to sequel ratio) but then again it could be just for one flashback or something - it's all just speculation at this point. There's also been a persistent rumour about a time travel element to the plotline so that certainly tracks, too.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

RogerRoger

@LN78 Even with the best technology and an unlimited budget, I'm sure they'd still be clever about shooting over a double's shoulder and whatnot, and point the camera at other characters from time to time, but yeah, should be interesting. I've seen a couple of fuzzy phone photographs from the Scotland location work which would reinforce those theories, at least.

I wonder if they'll get Harrison Ford to voice Indy in the forthcoming game, too? He's become way more open to such things in later life, so I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I think it is more to do with the poor 4 & 5G coverage where I work rather than anything you did!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Perhaps, but the whacking great big GIF I hid under the tag can't have helped!

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger I don't know if he'd do the VO (his work for the "Blade Runner" commentary is legendary at this point) but given how high profile I suspect the game will be (think in terms of Sony's push for the "Spider-Man" game) I would imagine that the powers that be will be going all out to get him - the extra prestige of having the "actual" Indy in the game would be a big plus for them. It'll be nice to have a reason to turn on my Series X - I can tell you that much.
PS "Point the camera at other characters from time to time". Nice.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

RogerRoger

@LN78 Well, considering that they got him in a recording booth for LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, I figured he might've been warming to the idea. If anybody's got comparable cash to throw at him, however, it's Microsoft. I'm probably being a fool to hope that it'll be a multi-platform game, but hey.

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger I think the deciding factor might actually be the quality of the game itself. If they show him some footage and he's blown away then I'm sure half a days work for a cool million or so won't be beneath him!

LN78

RogerRoger

@LN78 Your reply reminded me of this Japanese gem...

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger That's incredible! I wonder if it was the inspiration for "Lost In Translation".

LN78

RogerRoger

@LN78 No idea, but there's a lot more footage out there, if you go searching for it. He plays (as in, he actually controls; none of his wild gesticulating from the commercial) the aeroplane sequence from the game and can't stop saying the word "cinematic" over and over. It's kinda hilarious.

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

Watched Baz Luhrmann's "Elvis". I've never been the biggest Elvis fan (I grew up in a Beatles and Bowie house) so I'm not sure on the historical veracity (it's all shot in the director’s trademark hyperkinetic, hypercamp fashion which is definitely not fall all tastes) but one thing is for certain - the kid Austin Butler does the best Nicholas Cage impression that I've ever seen. Very entertaining if you can stomach the stylings.

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 Glad it’s not just me who couldn’t stop quoting Con Air watching Elvis!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LN78

@nessisonett We're being a little harsh on the guy - I thought he was pretty good, especially in the fat,sweaty,Vegas Elvis phase of the movie but yeah "put the bunny back in the box" sprung to mind on more than a few occasions.

LN78

RR529

Lupin the 3rd: Fujiko's Lie (Blu-Ray) - 3rd film in the "Koike" trilogy of Lupin films. Like the two before it, I thought it was thoroughly entertaining. Seemed to suggest a narrative connection to the last two as well, so hopefully the line continues to finish the story.

Trailer:

The Forgotten Battle (Netflix) - Dutch WWII film that centers around the battle for control of a port town near the end of the war, from three different interconnecting perspectives (a town girl who gets caught up in the resistance, a young Dutch guy who joined the Reich in the hopes of escaping his family's poverty, and a British airborne trooper who gets shot down behind enemy lines). It can be a bit brutal, but it's a good watch, showing just how harrowing the experience of war can be for all involved.

Trailer:

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

LtSarge

Just finished watching The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. Great sequel! They fleshed out the LOTR universe more and focused on tons more characters, which is great. Moreover, I thought the movie was overall good until the last half hour where it became absolutely awesome. The last couple of scenes were so cool, they alone made the movie so much better.

I'm so excited to watch the last movie in the trilogy now. Might start it up as early as tomorrow!

LtSarge

JohnnyShoulder

Looks like a sequel to Constantine is in the works with Keanu Reeves returning, and the planned HBO show being scrapped.

I need to rewatch the original as each time I watched I thought the premise was really cool but they just failed to stick the landing. I think there a couple of DC animated films which I've not seen, but he was in one of the Suicide Squad animations which was decent.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, the movie’s a mess but Keanu’s decent. A sequel could be interesting especially with Keanu being in a better place career wise. I honestly think Matt Ryan’s perfect for the role though and it’s a bit of a shame that he’s not getting another shot at a show or movie.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

XandertheWise

When was the last time anyone here watched the Lord of the Rings movies especially the special extended edition DVDS?

For me its been pretty much 10 or 12 years since i last watched them

XandertheWise

LN78

@XandertheWise We watch them ("The Hobbit" extended cuts included) every year in the week between Christmas and New Year. Sad but true.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic