Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 4,641 to 4,660 of 8,905

zupertramp

Will there be theaters left to show these delayed movies in?

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp They’re going to be directly beamed into your brain hole. Roll on 2021.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

zupertramp

Wow, The Batman pushed to 2022.

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

TheFrenchiestFry

Very intrigued by this. It's apparently set in 1998 too which means it's around the time of RE2 as well. Robbie Amell is definitely an interesting choice for Chris Redfield, and Tom Hopper DEFINITELY looks like he could play a solid Wesker.

Really hope this and Jordan-Vogt Roberts' Metal Gear Solid movie actually do their respective source materials' justice. I definitely have high hopes for MGS given how much of a vocal fan the director is, and how well written those codec skits he posted on Twitter during Metal Gear's 31st anniversary were.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Robbie Amell is basically perfect for Chris Redfield, I’ve seen him in a few things and he’s the perfect mix of meathead and lowkey goofy to pull it off.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Toby Kebbell is absolutely going to be Tyrant.

Black_Swordsman

I am currently about halfway through Anger Management with Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler I am at the part where Buddy just arranged for Dave to meet up with his former patient in a romantic setting, it all goes pear-shaped obviously

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

I watched the original Terminator there. Forgot just how good it was. I have to say though, this is my first time watching it in HD on a bigger screen and I saw rather more of Arnie than I remembered. You get a proper look at Arnold Schlongnegger swaying in the wind.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah my younger mind must have scrubbed that from my memory. Or more likely it was edited when I saw it on TV.

I saw another Toby Kebbel duffer earlier in Bloodshot with Vin Diesel and Guy Pearce (who is someone else that needs stern words with his agent). Wasn't as awful as I thought it would be but found it a bit predictable in places and there was some noticeable use of CGI in a few of the main action scenes. Toby's dance near the start is something else too. Not as cringe as another Toby in Spider-man 3, be he was almost there.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Of course he was in Bloodshot! Dear lord Toby, get a better agent 😂

zupertramp

@JohnnyShoulder So I'm not the only one who thinks Guy Pearce is actually really good only he's in a ton of sub-par movies?

nessisonett

@zupertramp Yeah, that’s true, he’s great in Memento and L.A. Confidential but he’s done a lot of rubbish too. I totally recommend everyone to watch Priscilla, Queen of the Desert though, a strange but brilliant movie where he and Hugo Weaving play drag queens along with Terence Stamp as a trans woman as they travel across the outback. Absolutely barmy movie.

JohnnyShoulder

@zupertramp @nessisonett He was also good in The Rover with Robert Pattinson, which was the first film I took any notice of Pattinson. But apart from that and what Ness mentioned yeah I'm struggling to think what he has actually been in recently, nevermind if he has been any good in them. He was ok in Iron Man 3 I suppose, but I disliked the bait and switch they pulled on that one and was overshadowed by Ben Kingsley's performance.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Black_Swordsman

I've finished Anger Management now. Loved the ending "Give her a five-second frencher!"

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

zupertramp

@JohnnyShoulder @nessisonett Scrolling through his IMDB is a tad depressing. But then again maybe these are the roles he wants/likes. Good for him if so.

Also I didn't realize The Adventures of Priscilla was so old. That's impressive subject matter for a movie from 1994. It's only recently come to my attention so I really thought it was newer than that.

JohnnyShoulder

@zupertramp @nessisonett Wasn't there a very similar american movie out round about the same time as Priscilla? Think it starred Wesley Snipes, Patrick Swayze and a third actor I can't remember.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic