Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 8,866

WanderingBullet

Endgame, what a great movie! There were so many ways they could've messed it up but they didn't. Hats off to the directors, screenwriters and also Kevin Feige.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Rudy_Manchego

@AdamantiumClaws Oh yeah, completely. Luckily however, everyone was the same as it was a late night showing on a Friday night.

@WanderingBullet Black Panther isn't my faovurite to be honest though I like the character. I do think this is a proper season finale. Looking forward to seeing how they approach the next phases. I think they will do a full reboot in a few years personally.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

redd214

Endgame was a delight. Really really great culmination of a decade of good movies. Going to be seeing it again later this afternoon but I came away very impressed by what was on display. Was everything I was hoping for!

redd214

WanderingBullet

Don't know to how find the list of MCU movies ratings I posted in the past but Endgame is currently at the top with a 10 out of 10 score for me. Can't wait for the Blu-ray!

Edited on by WanderingBullet

redd214

@WanderingBullet its really great isn't it. It's literally all I've been able to think about all day lol! Can't wait for the weekend to be over to actually be able to talk about with people. Definitely shot right up to #2 on my list as well!

redd214

Ralizah

Wow, Avengers: Endgame's preview showings did so well that it had the biggest opening night in history.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/26/media/avengers-endgame-opening...

@Rudy_Manchego A lot of the DC films that got panned still did really well in the box office. Critics are increasingly irrelevant in the day and age of user reviews, Youtube, and a generous availability of clips and trailers.

A positive critical reception also couldn't save Feig's Ghostbusters.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

ZeD

Damn, all these great comments about Endgame is making not seeing it tough. I have no one to go see it with as the only person I could go see it with is my wife but we have no one to look after the kids 😒
Looks like I will need to avoid the internet until the blu ray comes out 😆

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

WanderingBullet

@redd214 The creators of the movie shouldn't be able to pull it off but they did. The Russo Brothers and Kevin Feige are legends in my book. Hats off to the writers of Infinity War and Endgame as well. I don't know how they could've done it any better. The movie had so many callbacks, nods to the comics and payoffs that didn't felt cheap. Even having Harley Keener attending Tony's funeral was such a nice touch. I almost cried during that funeral scene. Also, what a great way to cap off the story with Rogers finally getting what he always wanted.

Gotta give Jon Favreau and Robert Downey Jr. credit for getting the ball rolling as well along with Josh Whedon for proving that you can actually make great superhero team movie.

Really sad that it has ended but also looking forward to what they're going to do in Phase 4. I'm especially excited for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 even more now that it seems like Thor could be joining the gang.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

redd214

@ZeD dude just go by yourself it's totally worth it!!!

@WanderingBullet agreed on everything. The fact that they've been able to keep this going through 20 movies, all of which were at least above average imo, over a decade, with I think only 1 or 2 major recasts, and have it be (relatively) coherent is amazing. Especially considering the egos involved with successful actors most of the time. Only 3 more hours til I get to see it again with my sons, definitely going to enjoy this time more I think!!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

WanderingBullet

@ZeD I think Blu-rays usually comes out around maybe 3 months after?... So not that long.

@redd214 Haha, enjoy the movie.

Rudy_Manchego

OK so saw Endgame last night and I am still not sure what I think about it. Not that it wasn’t great, which it was wow, just so much to process in my head. So much happened. Got back late last night and then couldn’t sleep as my brain was buzzing!!!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

Endgame is pretty satisfying. A well crafted way to 'go out'.
Don't quite like a couple of bits - but as I say, the Russos have done a remarkable job putting the film together.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

redd214

@ZeD would definitely recommend seeing CM first. Even though Endgame is 100% a better film, does make a few things clearer.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

KALofKRYPTON

@redd214 @ZeD
I still haven't seen Captain Marvel either - can't say that I feel like I missed anything in terms of Endgame really.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

redd214

@KALofKRYPTON how would you even know if you didn't see it lol. I'm not saying you'll miss critical story beats but since he mentioned it, I offered my opinion. Thanks though.

redd214

ZeD

@redd214 this is what annoys me the most about th mcu. So much investment now 😑
People said I needed to see Black Panther before Infinity Wars but to this day I still haven't lol.

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

@redd214 Well, I don't live in a cave and there are clear story beats shown in the trailers etc. Her presence, and previous lack thereof are addressed within Endgame and her impact on the film is actually minimal so yeah. I've no doubt something was shoehorned in to CM to tie it more in to the 'Infinity Saga' - but it seems pretty inconsequential to Endgame if it is there.

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

redd214

@ZeD you should be fine overall, like a said it may "make a few things clearer" won't be story breaking. Though I would recommend seeing BP, tops the list of MCU for me personally.

@KALofKRYPTON cool man, glad you enjoyed the movie

redd214

KALofKRYPTON

@ZeD I'd recommend BP before Endgame too. Puts a couple of things (set piece scenes mainly) in Endgame in to context.
Not story breaking, if you don't, but there's a visual escalation that is cool to note.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic