Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 8,930

RogerRoger

@Frigate It's the kinda film that would only work with Neeson; he's perfected the "everyman" approach to his action films, that same energy, that "uncertainty in total badassery" performance that made Harrison Ford so successful in similar roles.

Anchors ahoy, boat it is.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RR529

Dragon Ball Super: Broly (Amazon Prime Video) - Noticed this was now available for home video, so I bought it last night and stayed up way later than I usually do watching it with my brother. This is the absolute best Dragon Ball Super has ever been. It's obviously not a deep film, but it's fun, the action is absolutely fantastic (what I've always dreamed a DBZ battle would look like with modern animation & a big budget), and they actually provided some explanation behind Broly's unusual power level and reworked his history to make him more of an actual character, so for a Dragon Ball film it was good from the storytelling angle as well. Also, in terms of style it looked more like DBZ than the Super TV anime (Now I'm not talking about the animation quality, as I know DBZ didn't look nearly this good, but in terms of style, especially the coloration and use of shadow of the super sayain form, best exemplified when Vegeta first transforms in the film, they captured that look better). The only hiccup was that Frieza wanted the Dragon Balls to become taller, rather than immortal. It was unbecoming of the series' most notable irredeemable villain, just so they could add an extra scene of comic relief to a film that already had a decent amount of it in more appropriate scenarios.

Godzilla VS King Ghidorah (Amazon Prime Video) - Watched this Friday evening. An early 90's era Godzilla film, that sees time travelers from the future attempting to destroy Japan's dominance in the 23rd century by preventing Godzilla from being created, and replacing him with King Ghidorah to destroy Japan in "modern day". You don't watch a "Godzilla VS" film for the story though (which didn't make much sense in practice), and it was just a good comfort food time.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

themcnoisy

Spiderman into the Spiderverse

Bought the dvd (remember those?) in Tesco today. Really good but a bit cheesy imo. Hopefully they can make another film without the Multiverse concept.

I understand one of Marvel's comics biggest ever hits was the bunching together of all the heroes and villains in Secret Wars but the concept is a bit too out there for me to enjoy.

The animation, voice acting and music is good though.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

jacobia

@WanderingBullet Gemini Man looks awesome, nice trailer. Thanks for posting this 👍

It isn’t a dream
You only heard yourself
The means of your life
Create and melt

PSN: jacobia

WanderingBullet

@jacobia Yeah, hope it's good. The de-aging CGI doesn't look good in some scenes but they still have time to fix it, though. Anyways, the younger version of his character reminds me of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.lol

Also, found this on Wikipedia which was interesting :

"Originally conceived in 1997, the film went through development hell for nearly 20 years. Several directors, including Tony Scott, Curtis Hanson and Joe Carnahan, were all attached at some point and numerous actors, including Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, Clint Eastwood and Sean Connery, were set to star. In 2016, Skydance Media purchased the rights to the screenplay (which had been through several rewrites) from Walt Disney Pictures, and in October 2017 Ang Lee signed on to direct. Filming took place from February through May 2018."

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Th3solution

@themcnoisy I watched Into the Spiderverse for a second time on the small screen the other night (first viewing in theaters) and I liked it better the second time. Spider-Ham is pretty cheesy, but the rest is really good. The visuals are fantastic and it’s a movie and a concept that could only be done properly with animation. A live action film trying to tell the same story with the same pizazz just wouldn’t be possible. I started listening to some of the soundtrack on Spotify today because I enjoyed it so much in the movie.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@Th3solution It is a must watch.

It's really self aware. Did you see the old Spiderman cartoon after the end titles? That was so funny.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Yeah, that was pretty good.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

redd214

Spiderverse is one on of my favorite Marvel based movies. Really is an awesome film and one of the few in the last 5 or 6 years that I enjoyed enough to buy a physical copy. Looking forward to see what they do with it next!

So hyped for Endgame too! Going to a midnight release with some of my friends and will be taking the kids to see it right after school Friday. From what's been said so far sounds like a brilliant movie, can't wait!!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

HallowMoonshadow

Isn't Spiderverse a sony film and not marvel?

... And i don't know how I'm gonna avoid spoilers for Endgame for like 2 weeks but that's the plan... wish me luck!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

redd214

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I believe you're right, my mistake! And good luck you're pretty much going to have to stay off the internet all together lol

redd214

Rudy_Manchego

Going to see Endgame on Friday night. I have made a promise to myself that I won't get drunk like I did at the late night showing of Infinity War last year and shout at Thanos.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

WanderingBullet

@Rudy_Manchego That's awesome! I'm going to watch it tomorrow myself.

It got 77 on Metacritc currently so that's pretty good but I think it's gonna drop once more reviews come in as that's usually the case.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Rudy_Manchego

@WanderingBullet I think these sort of films are kind of critic proof, in that in a lot of ways, if you are invested in these characters and story, you are probably going to like it and have to see it.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

WanderingBullet

@Rudy_Manchego Yeah, but I'm still not sure how Black Panther got 88/100, though.lol

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to Endgame. For me, both Infinity War and Endgame are like the final two episodes of a tv series. Wonder if Marvel will continue with the same approach for their movies in the next phase.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

AdamantiumClaws

@Tasuki I forgot that's not allowed on here, I'm used to forums either allowing it or censoring it.

Even the rocks do not recall.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic