Forums

Topic: The Marvel Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 545

JohnnyShoulder

Watched Spider-Man No Way Home earlier. It was ok, but I've never been the biggest fan of this version of the web slinger and the whole teen angle.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder I enjoyed the film but agree I've not been a fan of all aspects of the 'Tom' version. I thin it could be interesting for the next one with how it all finishes though.

Now that there isn't a whole bunch of people who know his identity and he no longer has access to Stark tech I feel it could be much closer to the character I'm used to from the era I read. I was never a fan of him talking to his suit like Iron-man though kind of understand where it helps with narrative. Although I did find the 'interrogation mode' in Homecoming very funny.

Maybe they will jump forward a few years for the next film seeing as Tom is actually older than he plays.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Th3solution

Have they said anything about introducing Miles Morales into the MCU? I get all my Marvel properties mixed up. 😅

Miles has become so synonymous with Spider-Man lore through the video game and Into the Spider-Verse that I don’t know if there are plans for a live-action Miles to swing in and maybe save the day from Tom eroding away Spidey’s novelty.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

WanderingBullet

@Th3solution Who knows, maybe when Holland decides to stop playing Spider-Man we might get Miles Morales instead? His uncle Aaron Davis aka the Prowler was in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I hope that doesn't happen, but sadly it is probably inevitable at this point, what with them rolling Venom into it.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LtSarge

Finished watching the WandaVision series and I absolutely loved it. I think the concept of the show was quite unique and interesting. The more I watched, the more intrigued I became. It was really good.

I think this is also a perfect example of why I prefer TV shows over movies. If this had been a 2 hour movie with a lot of stuff cut out, I definitely wouldn't have liked it as much as I did. The fact that it was nine episodes where you had time to grow attached to the characters, it made you care more about them towards the end, which I wouldn't have done in a shorter span of time. This makes me more excited to watch other Marvel shows, it's just a much better format than movies for me.

I'm also watching Ms Marvel weekly and that's another really good show. Disney really knows how to draw you in to their service.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Just finished watching Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Wow what a great movie! Just like the previous Doctor Strange movie, it had absolutely stunning visual effects. Because of the surrealistic motif they go with with these movies, there are so many cool scenes with very impressive visual effects. These scenes always make for such good spectacles. I can't imagine the amount of work that's been put into them.

I also liked the other Marvel characters that showed up. Obviously there's Wanda but also several others who I did not expect at all! I was absolutely blown away by Charles Xavier being in the movie. The X-Men theme that played during his entrance, the fact that he was in his floating "wheel-chair" that I believe is from the animated show and that Patrick Stewart reprised his role again, absolutely brilliant! I mean that guy is around 80 years old now, it's so cool seeing him play as Prof. Xavier again! This makes me want to continue my X-Men marathon, of which I only have like 3-4 movies left to watch. Moreover, the scene where Wanda said "What mouth?" as she literally removed Black Bolt's mouth and his sound waves ricocheted to the back of his head and killing him is definitely one of my favourite moments of the movie. That was absolutely brilliant! I also really liked that Hayley Atwell got to be in the movie and play as Captain Carter. That was so cool. Really hope we get to see more X-Men and Fantastic Four in the MCU in the future.

On a side note, I'm super glad that I finished watching WandaVision just a couple of weeks ago so that I was caught up with Wanda's story and could watch Multiverse of Madness without being spoiled. Such a perfect timing as I didn't even know she was in the movie until afterwards!

Anyway, Multiverse of Madness is definitely up there as one of my favourite MCU movies. Absolutely loved it!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

WanderingBullet

Daredevil will appear in She-Hulk.

First look at Namor. Not diggin' the look to be honest. Hopefully, the acting and character's good.

Two Avengers movies in the same year!
Also, looks like Kang will be the next big baddie?

Phase 4-6 is called the Multiverse Saga.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

LtSarge

Lots of exciting stuff coming from Marvel during the coming years! I'm personally very excited for the new Daredevil show with Charlie Cox as I absolutely loved the previous one with him. Hopefully they can revive more of the Netflix Marvel shows. Would love to see a return for Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

LtSarge

nessisonett

Worried about Daredevil being a Disney+ thing but glad it’s back. Wouldn’t put it past them to mess it up with cringe quips. It’s Devilin’ time.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

I watched Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness again, after seeing it in theaters. I think it was a touch better on the second viewing. Still not particularly sold on some of the direction of the franchise, but the storyline made a little more sense this time around.

Not sure where this leaves these characters now. Especially Scarlet Witch. She’s in a weird place now after the events of the movie. Also American Chavez.. what’s her future in all this? I’m not familiar with the comics enough to know, but the character wasn’t all that exciting to me. I think the performance and direction of the actress was a bit “meh” so I don’t really have any desire to see the character highlighted down the road. Props to Marvel/Disney for getting new and lesser known performers though. Miss Xochitl Gomez is apparently only 16 yrs old, so it makes sense that the role was a bit too big for her right now, but maybe she’ll grow into it over time and sell it better on screen.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution This version of America Chavez is a few years younger than she was when introduced in the comics. I’m assuming that she’ll grow over her next few appearances. I quite liked what they did with her character actually, for a young actress she nailed the Laurie Strode archetype. I could see it being similar to Terminator, Halloween etc, by having her be quite a bit more powerful the next time we see her and having learned from her experiences in MoM.

Th3solution

@nessisonett Yeah, at the end when they show her training with all the sorcerer acolytes I could start to see maybe where she could fit in. Gomez has a good innocent beginner type of vibe she portrays, but clearly she has to come across as a really powerful hero going forward. Which ironically is just what Olsen has done with Wanda, and I really liked seeing her successfully flex her powers in this entry.

ralphdibny

I finally got around to watching Ms Marvel the other day. Wicked show. Really funny, especially the dad in it!

Im sort of really looking forward to and also dreading She Hulk in a few weeks. It looks like an amazing programme, looks really funny and Tatiana Maslany looks like she is going to kill it on the main role. But that CGI still looks so bad. I really don't want this show to be bogged down by poor CGI, I want it to stand up with the greats of the MCU. I really wish they'd delay the show and give it some more time in the oven. Or at the very least, remaster it with better CGI down the line (unlikely) so if we ever do a full rewatch of the MCU, it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny It’s a hard one because the CGI really is awful but it’s hard to blame the VFX artists. The reports coming out about the conditions they’re working in are shocking. Marvel blacklisting anybody who dares to complain too, it’s criminal.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett yeah absolutely can't blame the staff. Sounds like Marvel is a bit of a nightmare client. Clearly they have an unrealistically low budget and an unrealistically short deadline.

I'd be happy to wait for the show so they can get it up to scratch.

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Jackpaza0508

She-Hulk is a lot of fun so far! The first episode is one long exposition dump but I can excuse that because of the great writing. I love Bruce and Jen's chemistry. You can tell that they grew up together. They bicker and banter and all that stuff. Love it so far, can't wait for more!

He/Him

ralphdibny

@Jackpaza0508 sweet! I'm looking forward to watching it! I might actually watch it as it comes out this time instead of waiting for every episode. Its going to be a killer waiting for the rest of it though

See ya!

ralphdibny

Well I watched it! Loved it and can't wait for more to come out

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic