Forums

Topic: The Marvel Thread

Posts 421 to 440 of 545

LtSarge

Finished watching Thor: Love and Thunder. Pretty good movie! I liked it more than Ragnarok, but that honestly doesn't say much because I didn't like Ragnarok at all. The new direction of making the Thor movies more comical than serious still doesn't sit well with me. I just don't associate him as a comical character compared to say the Guardians of the Galaxy. Anyway, I'm starting to at least warm up to him now so hopefully I'll enjoy the next movie even more.

Also, screaming goats seriously never gets old lol.

LtSarge

LtSarge

Finished watching She-Hulk. Very interesting way to end off the season, albeit not very satisfying. Really enjoyed the show overall though. Compared to other Marvel TV shows, this one was very chill to watch. Hopefully they'll make another season!

LtSarge

RR529

Over the past week I read through the X-Men: Psylocke collection (a 4 part 2009 miniseries revolving around the character + three issues of 80's/90's era Uncanny X-Men that revolved around the character's "rebirth" as an assassin as it was relevant background for the core story).

As someone who was drawn to the character thanks to appearances in X-Men: Apocalypse & Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (she was my main once I unlocked her), it was a fun read with some great art (I'm actually really impressed with how cool some of the panels looked in the old school issues).

Also read the Star Wars Jedi: Aayla Secura one shot, which I'll briefly mention here because it was published by Marvel (not that there's much to say about it anyways).

Think I'll scurry back to the comfort zone of manga for a bit after this excursion.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jackpaza0508

@nomither6 yeah the spider man from the PS4-5 game universe, probably my favourite iteration of the character

He/Him

LN78

An advert on a passing bus has just reminded me that "Ant-Man 3" is releasing very shortly. I was a big fan of the first one (not so much the second) so I had a quick look at some of the reviews. It currently has an aggregate score of just over 50% from over 100 reviews (the one from The Telegraph is particularly vitriolic) which is pretty low for an MCU release and a less than auspicious launching point for Phase 5. I wonder what went wrong?

Edited on by LN78

LN78

Th3solution

@LN78 Ooof… I hadn’t seen the reviews yet. Wow, what a fall from grace. I’ll probably still watch it eventually, but here I sit with Wakanda Forever unwatched on my Disney+ account and I just can’t seem to muster the interest to partake. I never completed Eternals for that matter. I have a partial watch of the show sitting in my watchlist 😅.

I’m a more enthusiastic and forgiving Marvel fan than most and even I’m losing interest. Oh how the mighty have fallen!

I found myself more hyped for the new Flash movie after I saw the trailer during the SuperBowl on Sunday.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LN78

@Th3solution That "Flash" trailer was outstanding - I'm a Keaton/Burton "Batman" superfan so I had a bit of a goosebump moment. Such a shame that Ezra Miller's troubles are going to cast a pall over the entire thing.
PS My "Wakanda Forever" 4K blu-ray was in with the mail. Forgot I'd ordered it, honestly.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

sorteddan

@Th3solution
Your comments seem to echo my own thoughts...
I watched maybe 10-20 mins of Eternals and gave up on it and now keep thinking I should watch Wakanda Forever but always find something else to distract me with. Hopefully they do something awesome soon to rekindle the interest.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

LN78

@sorteddan Well "GotG3" is up next. I have a feeling that's going to be a banger. The first two were right up there in the MCU rankings for me.

LN78

nessisonett

@LN78 It’s pretty mad that the reviews are that low, MCU films seem to get at least decent reviews even if they’re Thor 2 or 4. It must either be a bad movie or critics are just over the MCU. Part of it I feel is that with the MCU being a bit listless for a few years now, actual good movies have released and it’s made critics realise that there’s more to life than spandex.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

sorteddan

@LN78
I really hope so. I loved the first two, massively funny films. Though I wasn't encouraged by the Xmas special which I didn't love.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

LN78

@sorteddan I've long since given up on the Disney+ exclusive content. With the exception of that werewolf thing, I haven't been impressed with any of it.

LN78

LN78

"Wakanda Forever" should have been called "Wakanda Drags On Forever". When it was revealed that another MCU super genius (the second of college age in the "Black Panther" series, alone) had built a makeshift Iron Man suit (presumably including an arc reactor) in her garage, I zoned out. The Chadwick Boseman tributes were affecting and heartfelt and Angela Bassett was great but the rest of it was a complete slog - 2hrs and 40 minutes was about 40 minutes too many. My patience with the MCU really is wearing thin at this point. Where are the damn X-Men, already?

Edited on by LN78

LN78

ralphdibny

I watched ant man 3 the other day. Thought it was wicked. Ant-Man and the Wasp share the spotlight a fair bit but it's good to see Hank get some good moments. Overall, very much enjoyed it. Also MODOK had me creasing up at times.

See ya!

LN78

@ralphdibny Considering your opinion (another "wicked" on the Dibney scale) on "Thor:Love and Thunder"- one of the worst tentpole films I've ever seen - you'll forgive me if I don't take your views on "Ant-Man 3" as a ringing endorsement. We seem to have very different views on what constitutes a decent film.

LN78

LtSarge

Finished watching The Amazing Spider-Man today. After having finished Miles Morales, I was in a mood to watch a Spider-Man movie. Honestly, it wasn't that bad. Andrew Garfield did a decent job of being a "cooler" Peter Parker than what we're used to seeing. It was also refreshing seeing different characters, especially Gwen Stacy instead of MJ. I was actually surprised to see her since I know very little about the Spider-Man universe and I'm only familiar with MJ being Peter's love interest. I didn't know about the villain in the movie either.

So all in all, it was a good and refreshing Spider-Man movie. After having watched it (and also played Miles Morales), I've become more interested in exploring more of this universe. When I buy another month of Disney+, I'm definitely checking out some more Spider-Man movies, including the animated ones.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge I actually liked The Amazing Spider-Man and (even it’s sequel) more than it probably deserved. The Garfield version of Parker didn’t annoy me as much as it did others.

Just a warning — I’m not sure if the same issues are present in the EU, but at least here in the States, Disney+ has almost no live action Spider-Man content. Even the Spider-Man MCU movies are omitted like Homecoming, Far From Home, and No Way Home. None of the other Spidey movies are there either. It does however have loads of animated TV Spider-Man shows. I guess that’s because they were released before Sony bought the rights to the character…? I’m not sure why.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic