Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 9,601 to 9,620 of 10,089

colonelkilgore

So I’ve never ever been interested in Fortnite but… that new Futurama tie-in looks sweet!

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore It appears Fortnite is going to keep going for the most obscure and random crossovers until they have penetrated every submarket. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Murder, She Wrote tie in to attract all the great-grandmas and a John Wayne skin for all the great-grandpas. I’m waiting for the Seinfeld crossovers before I commit.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore @Th3solution Unless they do a SuperGran crossover, I'm not going anywhere near Fortnite again.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

CaptD

I think a Jessica Fletcher skin in Fortnite is a great idea, fantastic way to honour the legacy of the late great actress.

CaptD

KAIRU

@colonelkilgore @Th3solution @colonelkilgore I'm waiting for the Columbo; Dangermouse; and Hong Kong Phooey collabs.

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

nessisonett

@Th3solution Still can’t quite believe that there was a tie-in with the Mistborn books. Think that was supposed to get a game years back but just didn’t materialise.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett I must have overlooked the Fortnite-Mistborn collab. Guess they were going for the hardcore Fantasy book audience and Game of Thrones was going to be too expensive. 😅

But yeah, a regular Mistborn game would be ace. I was amped for a Kingkiller Chronicles gaming franchise which was supposed to have been in the works, but that appears to have never materialized either.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

I haven't been very active in these forums lately and I wanna share why (now that I'm allowed to do so)
This post is a crossover with the "Music" and "Fighting Games" threads but I thought this was the best place to post it anyway
With EVO coming up this weekend, I'm happy to share that I've been working with the EVO music team as a composer/producer for this year's event. I co-wrote and co-produced one of the original songs that will be used in the arena finals on Sunday

Now that that's done, I hope to be here more often again

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Kidfried

@Voltan That's very cool, congratulations! How did you get the gig? And where/when can we listen to your composition?

Kidfried

Voltan

@Kidfried Long story short, Zaid (who is the project manager on this in addition to doing vocals on a couple tracks) wanted to showcase musicians who are also gamers (preferably into fighting games, since it’s EVO) and the Twitter algorithm randomly showed me the thread where he asked gamers to show their work. I “auditioned” in the replies and got the gig
A short version of the song I wrote will be used in the official stream (and played at the venue at the same time) and a full version will premiere online afterwards.

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan Sweet! Many congratulations! I had noticed your relative decrease in forum engagement and I’m happy that it was because of such a positive thing!

Kidfried

@Th3solution I first misread that sentence. I read 'relative' as a noun, it was confusing.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic