Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 9,481 to 9,500 of 9,610

Th3solution

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN Hey buddy, just a note to let you know Stray is on sale for 40% off on PSN, if you’re still interested.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Yousef-

Today felt I spent way too much deciding between having donkey Kong country tropical freeze as my next game or bowser’s fury without making any progress in either. Well at least I made some fire shawarma.

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

54 days until Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster.

Donut Drake did nothing wrong.

JohnnyShoulder

Ooof, that is the end of Dr Disrespect then. Not that I've ever watched any of his stuff. Could land Twitch in hot water too.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Yousef-

@Malaise indeed it is!!!

As for Kirby: RtD, it’s like uhhh… a remake of a remake of a remake… of a remake… I think… assuming memory serves right… they sure love hitting the reset button, eh? But the good news is that the release timeline does not matter at all, because RtD is an excellent adventure from beginning to end. The switch version is essentially a “definitive” version with a ton of added content, story and gameplay.

The power-ups in RtD are at their peak imo, with their most expanded movesets as of yet and honestly? It feels like playing the final boss versions of those power-ups. It’s sooo good. Movement is smooth as butter too. This would easily be peak 2D Kirby if it weren’t for Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards already stealing my heart with its mechanic to fuse and combine abilities.

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder not that I pay much attention but I have heard of Dr Disrespect, what’s he done now?

edit. Just caught up. So it finally came out why he got banned from twitch a few years back then. Doesn’t look too good does it…

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

**** DLC!

LtSarge

@Malaise @Yousef- Just to clarify, Return to Dreamland is a remaster of the Wii game, which was an original Kirby game and has no relation to the Gameboy title. Dreamland is just the name of the world Kirby resides in.

It's a fantastic game and my favourite 2D Kirby game. Coincidentally, I'm also playing a 2D Kirby game on 3DS now called Planet Robobot. It's a fun game, but I'm starting to realise that Kirby games don't have the same appeal to me anymore as there's little challenge to them. I'm actually interested in giving the 3D game a go on Switch in the foreseeable future.

LtSarge

Yousef-

@LtSarge @Malaise Ah, fascinating. Although I will add a small correction. Return to dreamland was the title of the Wii game, it was intended as Kirby returning to his roots and revisiting the setting of the first game one last time (which reminder, was subtitled dreamland, so it’s not uncommon to see it as a spiritual successor of sorts). When remastered for the switch with added content, the remaster only added “Deluxe” to the title. But bizarrely enough, both Japanese versions of the Wii and Switch game are just called “Wii” here’s a side by side comparison I created.

Untitled

[Edited by Yousef-]

-Max Payne

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Anti LGBT streamer outed as a nonce. What a surprise. And they dare to call us groomers.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Yousef-

Time for another round of game pick-up talk (pardon the terrible image quality/edit). I’ve placed an order on rare switch title that have been recently re-stocked in Kuwait so I jumped on the chance before the ship sails yet again. I’m extremely excited for this as both a disgaea fan and a giant musou nut.

Untitled

[Edited by Yousef-]

-Max Payne

Yousef-

I am somewhat sleep deprived today but my copies should hopefully arrive today. I kinda wish I’d receive a text or a phone call telling me how things are though.

-Max Payne

CaptD

Seeing as betting is all the rage at the moment here in the U.K. and Just for a little fun (don't take it seriously) I thought we could bet when the servers for Concord will be turned off.
I'm thinking End of March 2026.

Just a bit of light hearted humour and I didn't want to put this in the articles today as it might rattle some cages.

CaptD

sorteddan

@CaptD
You know I often wonder that to myself when I see the latest or future live service release, like some won't even last a full year before the player base is down in the few thousands. Kind of makes me a bit sad for the devs who have had to spend a few years and undoubtedly a lot of talent on a game that nobody wants. It's just the sign of the times that the major publishers are all chasing that fortnite, COD, GTAV, Dead by Daylight etc player base. Unfortunately the gamers who are playing those already have those games taking up all their time.

Anyway, to your question I'll take 18 months or so but as I don't know when it's releasing (hadn't looked it up coz not interested in it) so I'll guess it comes out July and is dead by January 26.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

CaptD

@Malaise
I hope you are right because as much as how much I'm negative about the game I don't wish players who do enjoy it to have that enjoyment curtailed.
However remembering back in the PS3 and PS4 days Sony had a terrible habit of (seemingly) flicking that switch on a whim, how I miss MAG, Motorstorm, Drveclub (Driveclub VR), Killzone, Resistance, Warhawk and recently Everybody's golf.

Did anyone here play MAG? That was a great game.

Second question, did anyone get the killing machine trophy for Resistance 2? I remember that game launching and insomniac were saying "Yeah to full complete the game will be 200 hours", they failed to mention that 80 of those hours will be grinding 10k kills in MP.
It is the only trophy that I failed to get. sad face

CaptD

render

@Malaise I'd forgotten all about Destruction Allstars until you mentioned it. I checked the discord, which used to be quite busy with the dedicated fans of the game, and even that is now eerily quiet. Even though they haven't officially said the servers have been turned off I think the game is as good as dead as you'd struggle to get a game as it is now. Would have been sooo much better if it was more like Wreckfest which is great in multiplayer.

Anyway back to the subject of Concord... I feel that a lot of people were saying the same things about Helldivers 2 before it launched - that it was DOA etc - but look what happened to that - so I'm wondering if this as got more legs than we imagine. Although it's not my kind of game (I get destroyed in PvP games) I think that some people might end up really enjoying it so I'm going to take a punt and say 2030. I'll make sure I screenshot this comment so that I can tell you all "I told you so" when we get there - or more likely you'll have said the same to me 😂

render

CaptD

@render
I keep reading posts that mention people being negative about Helldivers 2, I can't say I read any of them but I might have been too wrapped in the VR announcements during that showcase as I think there were a few.
Anyway I thought Helldivers 2 would be great in 3D as the first game was good fun although I didn't play it much before the band got together as I found it quite inaccessible as a solo player.
Plus well it is Starships troopers, one of the best films of the 90s so what's not to love.

Anyway 2030 hey, I like that faith.

CaptD

Yousef-

Recent game pick-ups. Time to discuss the game pick-ups I mentioned ordering earlier this weekend. I winded up staying up late a few hours awaiting the phone call to get an update on my order. Naturally I winded up not catching much sleep afterwards so I’m currently still a little sleep deprived. The game pick-ups are mainly rare items in Kuwait that were recently restocked so I nabbed them while they were still there. Apologies for the poor image quality.
Untitled

-Max Payne

render

@CaptD I never got around to playing the first one until we all hopped into it but HD2 was one of those games that every trailer I watched I just got more and more interested in. It just looked like good fun - which a game should do. Still some people will just write off any game that is multiplayer just because they don't ever play online and just want single player stuff but I think there's room for both in this world and sometimes it's just great to play with a like minded group of people have a laugh as much as it is to chill and enjoy a narrative driven game.

But yeah 2030 - insert the its_a_bold_strategy_cotton.gif here 😅

render

Th3solution

@render @CaptD It’s really tough to predict for Concord. I felt like Helldivers 2 had some real personality in the preview trailers and I suspected it was going to be a surprise hit. I don’t have the same feeling about Concord. It seems to lack that ‘certain something’ and feels more generic. But it’s hard to tell from trailers. The characters do feel like they were plucked from Destruction All-Stars, so that’s worrisome. The gameplay better be good.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic