Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 9,481 to 9,494 of 9,494

Ralizah

nessisonett wrote:

Stood on my laptop and the screen died.

In the future, I recommend a step stool instead.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PC); Unicorn Overlord (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I’ve already had very strong words to say to my feet. None of which are very pleasant. I’m generally quite clumsy to be fair, but at least handy enough to usually fix the damage I cause!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Yousef-

Good evening everyone. I am close to wrapping up my Return to Dreamland DELUXE EDITION playthrough. I will drop my thoughts on it later. It is very fun. (It’s called deluxe, but it’s the standard version. Deluxe is just the name of the remaster//remake)

Steam Friend Code: 1176431257

RetroAchievements username: Yousef777

Switch friend code: SW-7391-1388-5607

My discord is “yousef.” All lowercase and a fullstop by the end, send a friend request if you like!

Th3solution

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN Hey buddy, just a note to let you know Stray is on sale for 40% off on PSN, if you’re still interested.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Yousef-

Today felt I spent way too much deciding between having donkey Kong country tropical freeze as my next game or bowser’s fury without making any progress in either. Well at least I made some fire shawarma.

My discord is “yousef.” All lowercase and a fullstop by the end, send a friend request if you like!

JohnnyShoulder

Ooof, that is the end of Dr Disrespect then. Not that I've ever watched any of his stuff. Could land Twitch in hot water too.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Malaise

@Yousef- I had never heard of shawarma before so I looked it up. It looks sooooooo good! 🤤

Is Return to Dreamland related to the Gameboy title Kirby's Dreamland? Very fond memories of that! If so, I was unaware this new game was a thing so there's some potential excitement here!

Malaise

Yousef-

@Malaise indeed it is!!!

As for Kirby: RtD, it’s like uhhh… a remake of a remake of a remake… of a remake… I think… assuming memory serves right… they sure love hitting the reset button, eh? But the good news is that the release timeline does not matter at all, because RtD is an excellent adventure from beginning to end. The switch version is essentially a “definitive” version with a ton of added content, story and gameplay.

The power-ups in RtD are at their peak imo, with their most expanded movesets as of yet and honestly? It feels like playing the final boss versions of those power-ups. It’s sooo good. Movement is smooth as butter too. This would easily be peak 2D Kirby if it weren’t for Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards already stealing my heart with its mechanic to fuse and combine abilities.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder not that I pay much attention but I have heard of Dr Disrespect, what’s he done now?

edit. Just caught up. So it finally came out why he got banned from twitch a few years back then. Doesn’t look too good does it…

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Malaise

@Yousef- Thank-you! I really appreciate your expanded answer. This is so exciting for me. Dreamland was my favourite game on the Gameboy. I don't know when I'll be able to pick it up, but that's going to provide some amazing nostalgia for me!

Edited on by Malaise

Malaise

LtSarge

@Malaise @Yousef- Just to clarify, Return to Dreamland is a remaster of the Wii game, which was an original Kirby game and has no relation to the Gameboy title. Dreamland is just the name of the world Kirby resides in.

It's a fantastic game and my favourite 2D Kirby game. Coincidentally, I'm also playing a 2D Kirby game on 3DS now called Planet Robobot. It's a fun game, but I'm starting to realise that Kirby games don't have the same appeal to me anymore as there's little challenge to them. I'm actually interested in giving the 3D game a go on Switch in the foreseeable future.

LtSarge

Yousef-

@LtSarge @Malaise Ah, fascinating. Although I will add a small correction. Return to dreamland was the title of the Wii game, it was intended as Kirby returning to his roots and revisiting the setting of the first game one last time (which reminder, was subtitled dreamland, so it’s not uncommon to see it as a spiritual successor of sorts). When remastered for the switch with added content, the remaster only added “Deluxe” to the title. But bizarrely enough, both Japanese versions of the Wii and Switch game are just called “Wii” here’s a side by side comparison I created.

Untitled

Edited on by Yousef-

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Anti LGBT streamer outed as a nonce. What a surprise. And they dare to call us groomers.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic