Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 9,461 to 9,480 of 9,610

Ravix

@Th3solution @BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

Just to chime in, as I loved Stray 😁

It was honestly my game of the year (after Elden Ring) if ER didn't exist Stray would have been it, for me, that year.

It's short overall, but it is well crafted enough a world that you can still get lost in it for a few hours a night. So if you like getting immersed in game worlds it is great for that. Not a game to rush though, more a game to experience and exist within for as long as you can drag it out. Gameplay wise sometimes that amounts to following the trail of a small puzzle, sometimes it is literally curling up on a pillow while listening to music for a while.

And the characters are better written than half the stuff you see these days, despite them never really speaking 😍

It's published by Annapurna too, who have experience with more independent movies, and are actually releasing a fair few games now. There's a few coming up that were shown in the Xbox showcase, and because of Stray and the kind of films and games they back, I think that makes them worth keeping an eye on too.

[Edited by Ravix]

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

JohnnyShoulder

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN I can also vouch for Stray, I really enjoyed my time with it. It definitely feels a bit different to what I normally play, so if you feel like straying from the path I reccomend it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN @JohnnyShoulder
Agree with Johnny that if you’re feline the urge to stray from your usual games, it would be a purrfect fit, so be sure to pounce on it if you find it on sale to save yourself some scratch.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

Not a big fan of Stray myself. It is well made and I can appreciate the design choices that were made. And there is a lot to love, and some nice touches, for cat lovers. However, jn the end it didn't amount to something memorable for me. Don't remember any impactful gameplay, nor do I remember story moments that truly touched me.

I'm a dog person, though.

Kidfried

Yousef-

Good evening. Cool to see the chit chat thread in PS still active. Hope everyone is enjoying their day and weekend.

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

54 days until Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster.

Donut Drake did nothing wrong.

nessisonett

I feel a bit guilty for not finishing Stray. It’s very nice to look at and I respect what it goes for, I just don’t think it grabbed me.

Also think I’m typing remarkably well considering I lost count of how much I’ve had to drink in an attempt to forget the Scotland game.

[Edited by nessisonett]

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Malaise Hahaha, honestly not a big drinker these days, usually stick to the non-alcoholic stuff so it’s like riding a bike except the bike makes you feel sick!

LtSarge

Well it's my first day of vacation and I'm already bored. I just want to go back to work lol. Thankfully, I'm moving to a new apartment in a few weeks so that will keep me occupied. I'm so looking forward to moving as I've bought a lot of new stuff, including a new TV. I've had a 37 inch HD TV since 2010 and now I've bought a 65 inch 4K OLED smart TV. It cost a pretty penny but it was worth it. Genuinely cannot wait to play my PS5 and Series X games in 4K, HDR and all that.

LtSarge

sorteddan

@LtSarge
Oh nice. I also decided to treat myself to an OLED TV which is due to arrive tomorrow after a lifetime of mostly buying more budget friendly boxes. Now I'm thinking I should aim to play some more graphically taxing and pretty games rather than the retro style pixel art stuff I tend towards. Maybe Death Stranding or Horizon Forbidden West, Spider-Man 2 or something? How about you?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

LtSarge

@sorteddan Same here. I'm actually intentionally holding off on playing games with good graphics until I move and get my new TV. I'm playing right now Far Cry Primal and I can easily say that I'm not missing out by playing it on my new TV lol.

But yeah, I was also thinking about some first-party games on PS5. Horizon seems like a good choice and also Ghost of Tsushima. Maybe Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart as well? I've also looked up games that support 120 FPS and I think the new Resident Evil games (2, 3, 4 remakes as well as 7 and 8) have PS5 upgrades that support that. Might give that a try as well. I've become obsessed with every game having 60 FPS performance, so the best thing would be to find games that support 4K and 60 FPS.

I honestly think it's a good time to get a 4K TV now simply because more games have that option now that PS5/Series X are out. And I'm sure future games will have that option as well, such as the new Astro Bot game as well as Silent Hill 2 remake.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge @sorteddan Every time I’ve upgraded my TV technology I’ve been really pleased. After going 4K OLED recently, now when I go back to my standard 1080p set (which was a perfectly good TV), I think it looks blurry and muted. Congrats and absolutely give some of the newest games a try and enjoy the beautiful graphical fidelity! Spider-Man 2 looks fabulous and has the 4K/40 fps option. Rift Apart is beautiful as well. Others I’ve played that look great on my OLED are FFXVI and FFVII Remake (haven’t played Rebirth yet but it’s supposed to be gorgeous), A Plague Tale Requiem, and SW Jedi Survivor. I’m looking forward to HFW, which many have said is the the most beautiful game on the PS5. I also can’t wait to check out Hellblade 2 in all its 4K OLED glory, which is arguably the most stunning game made this generation.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

@Th3solution Oh right, I should continue playing FFVII Remake on my new TV. It'll probably look much better.

I'm kinda tempted to replay Hellblade II just to see how it'd look on my new TV.

LtSarge

nessisonett

Stood on my laptop and the screen died. Went looking in the loft for the couple old ones we’ve got in there and the first was the wrong pin connector but the second screen works. The power of a Phillips screwdriver and a 2:1 in computing 😂

Ralizah

nessisonett wrote:

Stood on my laptop and the screen died.

In the future, I recommend a step stool instead.

Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition (PS4); Plants vs Zombies (PC)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I’ve already had very strong words to say to my feet. None of which are very pleasant. I’m generally quite clumsy to be fair, but at least handy enough to usually fix the damage I cause!

Yousef-

Good evening everyone. I am close to wrapping up my Return to Dreamland DELUXE EDITION playthrough. I will drop my thoughts on it later. It is very fun. (It’s called deluxe, but it’s the standard version. Deluxe is just the name of the remaster//remake)

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

54 days until Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster.

Donut Drake did nothing wrong.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic